SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Academy of Plight?
Today at 8:28 am by cyprussyd

» Is it time for Tom Beadling to be given his chance?
Today at 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 10
Yesterday at 8:53 pm by Mackemneil

» Results of week 8 and fixtures for week 9
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by Mackemneil

» Special day Tuesday!
Yesterday at 8:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Classic Clough
Yesterday at 6:21 pm by canary-dave

» Craig Shakespeare: Leicester City sack manager four months after appointment
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Is it payback time?
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 11:14 am by MrRAWhite

» Death of Working Men's Clubs
Yesterday at 9:07 am by Sid MCFC

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

A dose of realism from the dreamer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A dose of realism from the dreamer

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-15, 7:08 pm

Even with my half full glass I know we are a club in turmoil, on a losing streak with a manager who was probably way down anyone's list, debts that crippled us, players who had let us down and a transfer kitty greatly dependant on players out.

Factor in season after season of great escapes, revolving door management appointment and a never ending recruitment policy that simply failed.

Then of course we had the final nail in the coffin, a owner who had failed and wanted out who held up everything while trying and failing to sell the club.

Add it all up and we are lucky to have scored nil in our last game.

We probably had 5 assets going into the transfer market and those assets would reduce the debt,reduce the wage bill and fund new players.

Pickford we knew would go and his 30mil was a great start at debt reduction.
Defoe would reduce the wage bill but bring in no cash
Lens wanted out but no takers so a loan it was
Khazri read above
Kone no takers
But on a bright note we managed to shift PAPPY but  again on loan

Bang goes the funding of new players.

There is a thread on here asking who is to blame, well we all know who is not to blame,
Grayson, Galloway, Browning, Vaughan, Grabban, McGready, Wilson, Williams, MCmanaman, Ruiter, Steele.

So why do some fans decide to blame those trying to repair our broken club instead of backing them?

It won't help, wont move Short, won't reduce the debt, won't bring in a striker.

Give the team and manager time because time and backing are the only way out of this mess, it may not work but then again it could.

We have proved over and over again that sacking managers and booing players does not work so why do it.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A dose of realism from the dreamer

Post  Jerry the Jinx on 2017-09-16, 8:21 am

APPL APPL
Jerry the Jinx
Admin & Predictor Queen
Admin & Predictor Queen

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-09-16, 10:01 am

cyprussyd wrote:We have proved over and over again that sacking managers and booing players does not work so why do it.

Because it's the easy way to vent their anger.

Short is the obvious target but is seldom seen so the players are the next best to be on the receiving end of their bile.

Some folks are simply unable or reluctant to accept the fact that we are a struggling club that needs all the support it can muster to avoid falling into oblivion.

Perhaps instead of rallying the crowd with 'Dance of the Knights' we should try some Bach or Beethoven which is known for its calming effect?

But the same folks would probably boo the music anyway !!

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-16, 10:33 am

Argus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:We have proved over and over again that sacking managers and booing players does not work so why do it.

Because it's the easy way to vent their anger.

Short is the obvious target but is seldom seen so the players are the next best to be on the receiving end of their bile.

Some folks are simply unable or reluctant to accept the fact that we are a struggling club that needs all the support it can muster to avoid falling into oblivion.

Perhaps instead of rallying the crowd with 'Dance of the Knights' we should try some Bach or Beethoven which is known for its calming effect?

But the same folks would probably boo the music anyway !!

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-16, 11:06 am

Our current predicament has been building up probably since Keano walked away; Quinny leaving, all the great escapes, multiple managers, poor club leadership, the inevitable relegation, together with our financial woes, means many supporters have lost patience with, and faith in, SAFC. They know they are powerless to make the changes that are needed, so venting their spleen at players and the manager is all they have left to feel they have any control over 'their' club at all.

I do accept supporters pay their hard earned money, but feel that does not give them the right to scream at players after every mistake and, in my experience, often when they have 'seen' something no one else saw! I agree with Syd, and many other posters on this forum, that booing is pointless and never works, in fact is counterproductive. Creating a home atmosphere so terrifying only makes players retreat into safe sideways passing, being afraid to tackle, beng petrified to take a man on, or do anything that can lead to them being picked out as the latest scapegoat. And it makes the opposition more confident, as they use this toxic atmosphere as a weapon against us!

Verbal attacks on players do not help the individuals concerned, do not help the team, do not help the manager and it makes the experience of going to the match awful for those who just want to support. It is one reason (among others) that I stopped going to the SOL. It was just so unpleasant to listen to young lads be destroyed game after game. Going to the SOL, but hating the match experience (apart from my 5 minute chat with the wonderful Syd, Les, Sunders etc, of course  Very Happy ) made it all seem a waste of time, effort and money. Now I listen on radio, and watch on TV and follow the lads online, but don't miss attending one bit.

Last edited by Hieronymus on 2017-09-16, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-16, 12:06 pm

Any 'loss' or even perceived loss, whether that be a bereavement, job loss, loss of lifestyle, loss of status etc  may and usually does produce a bi -product..
 - ANGER!

If you can understand that principle, you can understand why people get angry about all sorts of things...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-09-16, 12:23 pm

silvers wrote:Any 'loss' or even perceived loss, whether that be a bereavement, job loss, loss of lifestyle, loss of status etc  may and usually does produce a bi -product..
 - ANGER!

If you can understand that principle, you can understand why people get angry about all sorts of things...

I think most folks understand that 'loss' can produce anger but the problem is that the boo boys appear to focus their anger towards the players only because they feel unable to target the owner who doesn't show his face at matches.

Such 2nd choice action is so counter-productive, surely it would be more appropriate to demonstrate against the owner rather than the team?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-16, 1:13 pm

Argus wrote:
silvers wrote:Any 'loss' or even perceived loss, whether that be a bereavement, job loss, loss of lifestyle, loss of status etc  may and usually does produce a bi -product..
 - ANGER!

I think most folks understand that 'loss' can produce anger but the problem is that the boo boys appear to focus their anger towards the players only because they feel unable to target the owner who doesn't show his face at matches.

Such 2nd choice action is so counter-productive, surely it would be more appropriate to demonstrate against the owner rather than the team?
Yes I think most if not all understand anger and disappointment and certainly frustration.
And I would guess that each and everyone of us feel it at and after every game, let's face it being a Sunderland fan is a great education on anger and frustration.
But I'm afraid for may none of those things excuse the reaction of some and let me add a controversial bit, some of our fans don't go to games to support, they go eager to boo, shout you are shit and the rest at the very first opportunity.

The ten pound games bring them out in droves, I hear them at the first bad pass,"This is why I stopped coming, shit like this".

I wish they would just stay away, ten pound ticket or not. "H" has said she does not miss games and that's fine, don't enjoy don't attend, I get that. What I don't get is don't enjoy but I will still go to boo.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum