SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
NEXT GAME
FcTables.com
LAST GAME
FcTables.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» Pompey game
Today at 11:02 am by cyprussyd

» Sunderland AFC v Wycombe Wanderers
Today at 10:45 am by cyprussyd

» Get your vote in
Today at 9:29 am by Gordon Armstrong

» Predictions Week 15
Today at 5:46 am by oldblackcat

» Craig Samson
Yesterday at 5:53 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 117
Yesterday at 4:46 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Checkatrade next round
Yesterday at 2:38 pm by vinkel

» BREXIT the solution
Yesterday at 1:37 pm by canary-dave

» Emmerdale and Corrie.
Yesterday at 1:31 pm by Vincemac

» 40K target
Yesterday at 9:57 am by Sid MCFC

Sky Bet League 1
FcTables.com

Fao H

Go down

Fao H

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-10, 6:19 pm

I was in wetherspoons last night and i browsed through their autumn mag. They had an article debating leaving the eu. I think it may be of interest to you. You dont need go in their pubs to read it just download the wetherspoon app. If you do let us know your thoughts.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Fao H

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-10, 8:47 pm

Thanks vinkel. Will have a look. I'm away this weekend but back tomorrow night. Will let you know what I think  Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-09-10, 9:30 pm

The founder of Wetherspoon's was interviewed on CNN International News Business last week as a top UK business man.  Can't remember what he said or what stance he took but he was pretty committed.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-10, 10:05 pm

Nostalgic wrote:The founder of Wetherspoon's was interviewed on CNN International News Business last week as a top UK business man.  Can't remember what he said or what stance he took but he was pretty committed.
he is very much a brexit man

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-09-10, 10:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:The founder of Wetherspoon's was interviewed on CNN International News Business last week as a top UK business man.  Can't remember what he said or what stance he took but he was pretty committed.
he is very much a brexit man
It was just a bit puzzling that he was described as a top business creator, but then it was American TV. British  beer only in his pubs once we are out.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-11, 5:35 pm

After my long 6 hour drive home from Cheltenham I have relaxed with a cup of tea and read all that and my first thoughts are ... SO MANY WORDS!!! And some of these people maybe protest too much. And both 'sides' are just getting more entrenched.

The authors all provide some'evidence' to support their arguments, but no one on the Brexit side convinced me that Brexit will be a good thing, especially with our current bunch of morons (otherwise known as the Prime Minister and her cabinet) running the show. Yet I winced at some of the statements from the Remainers. Like Vince Cable trying to show how we 'oldies' have shafted the young, when in fact there is strong support, from many post-war baby boomers, for a fairer society and better opportunities for young people in respect of education, jobs, training and housing. I go to many Labour Party meetings and there are hardly any young people (who largely do their policticking online these days), instead, our meetings and activities are full of people my age and older!

One thing I did pick up on in Tim Collins article was his views on how the world of work is changing, especially in respect of automation, and that he felt Labour had not grasped this yet. I agree with this, and will be taking that forward as a project within my activities in the Party in the next few months and years.

Anyway, back to the OP. The articles I identified with the most (even if I did not agree with everything that was said) were the ones by Matthew Parris and Philip Collins, who I felt both used words of emotion, rather than trying to appeal to the rational side of the reader. But that's how we got here in the first place isn't it  Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-11, 9:02 pm

Hieronymus wrote:After my long 6 hour drive home from Cheltenham I have relaxed with a cup of tea and read all that and my first thoughts are ... SO MANY WORDS!!! And some of these people maybe protest too much. And both 'sides' are just getting more entrenched.

The authors all provide some'evidence' to support their arguments, but no one on the Brexit side convinced me that Brexit will be a good thing, especially with our current bunch of morons (otherwise known as the Prime Minister and her cabinet) running the show. Yet I winced at some of the statements from the Remainers. Like Vince Cable trying to show how we 'oldies' have shafted the young, when in fact there is strong support, from many post-war baby boomers, for a fairer society and better opportunities for young people in respect of education, jobs, training and housing. I go to many Labour Party meetings and there are hardly any young people (who largely do their policticking online these days), instead, our meetings and activities are full of people my age and older!

One thing I did pick up on in Tim Collins article was his views on how the world of work is changing, especially in respect of automation, and that he felt Labour had not grasped this yet. I agree with this, and will be taking that forward as a project within my activities in the Party in the next few months and years.

Anyway, back to the OP. The articles I identified with the most (even if I did not agree with everything that was said) were the ones by Matthew Parris and Philip Collins, who I felt both used words of emotion, rather than trying to appeal to the rational side of the reader. But that's how we got here in the first place isn't it  Mad

By the time I finished it had all rolled into one, and I was more confused than when I started

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-11, 9:08 pm

vinkel wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:After my long 6 hour drive home from Cheltenham I have relaxed with a cup of tea and read all that and my first thoughts are ... SO MANY WORDS!!! And some of these people maybe protest too much. And both 'sides' are just getting more entrenched.

By the time I finished it had all rolled into one, and I was more confused than when I started
Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum