SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Academy of Plight?
Today at 8:28 am by cyprussyd

» Is it time for Tom Beadling to be given his chance?
Today at 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 10
Yesterday at 8:53 pm by Mackemneil

» Results of week 8 and fixtures for week 9
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by Mackemneil

» Special day Tuesday!
Yesterday at 8:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Classic Clough
Yesterday at 6:21 pm by canary-dave

» Craig Shakespeare: Leicester City sack manager four months after appointment
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Is it payback time?
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 11:14 am by MrRAWhite

» Death of Working Men's Clubs
Yesterday at 9:07 am by Sid MCFC

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

What we need is a leader on the pitch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What we need is a leader on the pitch

Post  vinkel on 2017-09-10, 6:07 pm

Maybe Catts isn't the best of players but he has a presence, he goes around geeing them up. We need that right now, someone to lift heads when things go wrong. It needs be someone with a bit of passion and someone who plays regularly. Out of the present bunch i dont know who but to me it should be a priority. Ideas?

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: What we need is a leader on the pitch

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-10, 6:10 pm

Playing regularly rules Catts out then mate

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-10, 6:16 pm

Well we know Kone is not the man, for me it's Catts

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-09-10, 6:55 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well we know Kone is not the man, for me it's Catts

The one person I wouldn't want our team to face is Catts for the very reason that he not only gives 110% himself, but also has a huge influence on the rest of the team.

He is without doubt your main man and I think Larry knows that and so wasn't willing to risk him yesterday! like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-10, 8:06 pm

I think we all know that until Shorts sells and leaves and hopefully the new owner is willing in invest in at least 6 quality players we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle 

Arranging  deckchairs on the Titantic is all Grayson  can do atm

We are currently out-gunned and out-fought by most championship sides
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-10, 8:12 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I think we all know that until Shorts sells and leaves and hopefully the new owner is willing in invest in at least 6 quality players we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle 

Guess what, I never give up that easy, the day I do is the day I stop going, watching or supporting. I know its an attitude that gets on many people's tits but do I care, not a jot.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-10, 8:53 pm

Syd, it's not about giving up. It's about stating an opinion believed to be true.

We all have hope that things will turn around but at the moment there is little or no evidence of being average never mind good !
Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-10, 9:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I think we all know that until Shorts sells and leaves and hopefully the new owner is willing in invest in at least 6 quality players we are up the proverbial creek without a paddle 

Guess what, I never give up that easy, the day I do is the day I stop going, watching or supporting. I know its an attitude that gets on many people's tits but do I care, not a jot.

Dear dear Syd i applaud your attitude and will never allow or sign the statement that allow the men in white coats to take you away
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-09-10, 9:21 pm

O'Shay gets my vote.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-09-10, 9:53 pm

Yes Catts from those that we know, but as Grayson and many managers have said, they need captains all over the pitch.

We have a lot of new players, most of which we know little about, who may have the qualities of a skipper. Even after one game I like the energy and enthusiasm of young Williams , a future captain maybe ......... If we keep him!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-10, 9:54 pm

silvers wrote:Syd, it's not about giving up. It's about stating an opinion believed to be true.

We all have hope that things will turn around but at the moment there is little or no evidence of being average never mind good !
Very Happy
like I said I know my attitude can annoy

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-10, 9:55 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

Dear dear Syd i applaud your attitude and will never allow or sign the statement that allow the men in white coats to take you away
You know me well

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-11, 1:13 am

This will not go down well with the natives.... The blinded one's. I however have said for at least two year (check posts) we are in free fall, the worrying thing is where is the bottom? This could end up anywhere, except up. 2 million total outlay is going to get you in trouble and it's looking more ominous day by day.. This once proud club is in a canny pickle at the moment....we need to sell Pickford they said, we need to go down and regroup they said. Trust in us they said, trust in Bain's "plan" they said. No, Ellis "yankee tw*t" short (spit) has single handedly destroyed this club and not only has he took our eyes out he's waiting in the wings for the sockets.   Bless him....aaaagggghhhhh
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-09-11, 2:19 am

cyprussyd wrote:

I just want them to start by individually giving their all so that then a team performance will occur and the coach can stop having to defending there slack arse performances!

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-11, 8:16 am

I smile when I respond with a positive slant on our problems, all the usual stuff is trotted out and the latest is the blind one.
I like all fans are very aware of the problems we have and the danger we are in it's how I react that seems to differ.

The problems are very clear, its what we do about them and indeed what we can do about them. Short has been a disaster for us, the reason why is in the main an irrelevance the only real relevant point for me is he has. So what do we do about it, well in my blind world the answer is very simple, nothing, there is absolutely nothing we can do and not going to games in protest may make the absentee feel good but what has it achieved?

I am also very aware that our manager and team me be below what we wanted or need but are they to blame, not in my eyes, our situation and financial position are to blame so I for one wont be booing or deserting them for being short on quality, they are what they are.

So that leaves effort and many may disagree, indeed many do but its not lack of effort to blame its lack of confidence, fear and maybe even knowing that when they go a goal down they have no belief they can pull that goal back.

All that said we have a long season ahead and all I can do in playing my part is turn up and do my best to support and encourage and yes me may well all have hope but I try and back that hope with positive action.

So no RR I'm not blind os sunders mad, in my world I just refuse to put the boot in.

Now that will annoy the natives.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-09-11, 9:47 am

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well we know Kone is not the man, for me it's Catts

The one person I wouldn't want our team to face is Catts for the very reason that he not only gives 110% himself, but also has a huge influence on the rest of the team.

He is without doubt your main man and I think Larry knows that and so wasn't willing to risk him yesterday! like
Catts is not the answer to our problems. Don't get me wrong, I wanted him in the side on Saturday and he puts the effort in, but he doesn't magically turn the side into a team of tryers who win matches. This is Sunderland we are talking about, we don't do winning with or without him.

But hey - a major positive to come out of Saturday - Crystal Palace are trying their best to beat our record for dismal starts - not for 93 years has a top flight team not scored a goal in the first four games.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-11, 1:59 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I smile when I respond with a positive slant on our problems, all the usual stuff is trotted out and the latest is the blind one.
I like all fans are very aware of the problems we have and the danger we are in it's how I react that seems to differ.

The problems are very clear, its what we do about them and indeed what we can do about them. Short has been a disaster for us, the reason why is in the main an irrelevance the only real relevant point for me is he has. So what do we do about it, well in my blind world the answer is very simple, nothing, there is absolutely nothing we can do and not going to games in protest may make the absentee feel good but what has it achieved?

I am also very aware that our manager and team me be below what we wanted or need but are they to blame, not in my eyes, our situation and financial position are to blame so I for one wont be booing or deserting them for being short on quality, they are what they are.

So that leaves effort and many may disagree, indeed many do but its not lack of effort to blame its lack of confidence, fear and maybe even knowing that when they go a goal down they have no belief they can pull that goal back.

All that said we have a long season ahead and all I can do in playing my part is turn up and do my best to support and encourage and yes me may well all have hope but I try and back that hope with positive action.

So no RR I'm not blind os sunders mad, in my world I just refuse to put the boot in.

Syd, telling it the way it is, is not putting the boot in !
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-11, 3:18 pm

silvers wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I smile when I respond with a positive slant on our problems, all the usual stuff is trotted out and the latest is the blind one.

Syd, telling it the way it is, is not putting the boot in !
Matter of opinion and I see many people who can't wait to tell it how it is, look for all the bad bits and give an opinion, put the boot in.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-11, 4:35 pm

it's a forum..... LOL...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-11, 4:41 pm

silvers wrote:it's a forum..... LOL...
I know

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum