SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, Nostalgic, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Judge us by the bus

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Judge us by the bus

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:30 am

I wax lyrically about the Coxhoe branch bus, full of die hard supporters who have seen it all, been through it all and stay loyal.

So far this season we have not had a full bus and yesterday was the lowest turn out so far. When we stop to let people off the same question is asked,"See you on(Tuesday)". Yesterday I heard a few no you won't.

Just one small group of Sunderland fan's but I fear a group that represents the Sunderland fan base, no matter how loyal and committed everyone has their breaking point and more are reaching theirs.

Winning is a habit, yes that well used saying and it's true but sadly, so is losing, can our game on Tuesday, a game in early September really be a must win, it certainly feels so.

I don't think the players didn't try yesterday or even give up, they just seemed lost, some not up to the task but in the main totally devoid of ideas. Whatever the plan was it didn't work and Grayson needs to find a plan that does work and our players can understand and importantly carry out.

Grayson needs to face up to a few hard facts, Rodwell may have been a boy wonder that prompted Man City to pay big bucks for but whatever ability he had seems lost and for whatever reason its lost its unfair on us and him to keep setting him up to fail. Grayson has undoubted talent, he wouldn't be a Everton player without it but his loan to Sunderland is destroying him. I have no idea what it must feel like to be playing in front of a near 30,000 crowd knowing it just wont work. And even with injuries Grayson does have other options for both positions.

Tuesday is a massive night for Grayson, he simply must get team selection and tactics right or the goodwill he has with the fans will start to evaporate. I honestly don't believe any fan wants to boo, chant about how shit we are or leave early. I know we want to cheer, applaud and above all support but we really do need something to cheer and stay for, we need something to support.

For most of the team and Grayson they could be forgiven for thinking the fans are being harsh, it's early days, give us a chance.  But for the fans it's not early day's. it's simply the latest in a long line over many seasons of let downs. In the good old days we had beating Newcastle to cheer us up and camouflage the dross, we now have the Boro, not the same feel and certainly no confidence in achieving it.

I love my club its fans its none playing staff and its history but I'm falling out of love with it's footballing side and I don't think there is one person left with any feeling approaching love for it's owner.

Win lose or draw on Tuesday I can absolutely guarantee that some love will return if I see effort, balls, determination but should we go a goal down I can only see further frustration and players in the main giving up.

Today is a sad day to be a Sunderland fan.
KTF & WCATM
(the little that's left) & (who cares about the mags)

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Judge us by the bus

Post  Silvers on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:59 am

It takes time to gel of course.
Every year we have an influx of loan players.
Mostly srangers to each other in footballing terms.
This year we have signed our maximum allowed.. 5 loanees.
It doesnt help that the quality brought in is not of high quality.

So the usual IT WILL TAKE TIME gets trotted out every year.

In 12 months time these 5 loanees will have returned to their parent clubs.
 New loanees will be arriving.

The process will start again.
Little chance of rebuilding on a good foundation.

That's where we are.
We are here for quite some years I fear.

If the swan dive is not arrested SOON  the trapdoor will beckon.
I recall McMenemy saying that it was inconceivable for Sunderland to be relegated to division three. But it happened. So the club should not be complacent now.

So we have deja vue..
Where will the next goal come from never mind the next win.

We have not won at home for 9 months.

BBC stat. We have not won a game in September since 2012.

I support my club wholeheartedly but I dont have any faith in them !

Do we know why Catts did not play ??
Hopefully it was not a disciplinary matter ?
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:03 am

Grayson said a small niggle he did not want to risk

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:08 am

cyprussyd wrote:I wax lyrically about the Coxhoe branch bus, full of die hard supporters who have seen it all, been through it all and stay loyal.

So far this season we have not had a full bus and yesterday was the lowest turn out so far. When we stop to let people off the same question is asked,"See you on(Tuesday)". Yesterday I heard a few no you won't.

Just one small group of Sunderland fan's but I fear a group that represents the Sunderland fan base, no matter how loyal and committed everyone has their breaking point and more are reaching theirs.

Winning is a habit, yes that well used saying and it's true but sadly, so is losing, can our game on Tuesday, a game in early September really be a must win, it certainly feels so.

I don't think the players didn't try yesterday or even give up, they just seemed lost, some not up to the task but in the main totally devoid of ideas. Whatever the plan was it didn't work and Grayson needs to find a plan that does work and our players can understand and importantly carry out.

Grayson needs to face up to a few hard facts, Rodwell may have been a boy wonder that prompted Man City to pay big bucks for but whatever ability he had seems lost and for whatever reason its lost its unfair on us and him to keep setting him up to fail. Grayson has undoubted talent, he wouldn't be a Everton player without it but his loan to Sunderland is destroying him. I have no idea what it must feel like to be playing in front of a near 30,000 crowd knowing it just wont work. And even with injuries Grayson does have other options for both positions.

Tuesday is a massive night for Grayson, he simply must get team selection and tactics right or the goodwill he has with the fans will start to evaporate. I honestly don't believe any fan wants to boo, chant about how shit we are or leave early. I know we want to cheer, applaud and above all support but we really do need something to cheer and stay for, we need something to support.

For most of the team and Grayson they could be forgiven for thinking the fans are being harsh, it's early days, give us a chance.  But for the fans it's not early day's. it's simply the latest in a long line over many seasons of let downs. In the good old days we had beating Newcastle to cheer us up and camouflage the dross, we now have the Boro, not the same feel and certainly no confidence in achieving it.

I love my club its fans its none playing staff and its history but I'm falling out of love with it's footballing side and I don't think there is one person left with any feeling approaching love for it's owner.

Win lose or draw on Tuesday I can absolutely guarantee that some love will return if I see effort, balls, determination but should we go a goal down I can only see further frustration and players in the main giving up.

KTF & WCATM
See you Tuesday
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:33 am

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I wax lyrically about the Coxhoe branch bus, full of die hard supporters who have seen it all, been through it all and stay loyal.

KTF & WCATM
See you Tuesday

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 pm

As many long standing supporters testify, if it was success we were after then being a Sunderland fan is not for you. However there comes point for every person where the negatives outweigh the positives.

I love to go to football and watch my team, but for a while now it has been more pain than joy. Unless you are a masochist to keep turning up and leaving earlier and earlier is just silly
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  oxfordshire on Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:46 pm

Syd, you are obviously wavering.
I have other teams. Oxford united where I grew up. In the play off places currently in league one. Could they swap places with safc. Who knows. But they have positivity. A goal difference of +7. A few short years ago non league after a few years ago being in first division now premier. A bournemouth in their time. Small attendances (ground holds 12,000) and very low budget but great manager Pep Cloted and making money on transfers. BUT great owner who wants them to achieve great things. They have progressed up 2 leagues in 5 or 6 years and they have signed 10 new players who mostly have wanted to come to the club because they respect the msnager/coach. Relevance to safc? Oufc have ambition and little debt. A stadium a quarter of the size of stadium of light and attendances one quarter. But in a much better place?
So what you may say. RELEVANCE.? Safc has so much going for it but is doing it's utmost to commit suicide. Who is to blame? I have no idea. It is irrelevant. Look to the hierarchy who are responsible. SHORT is the boss and therefore the responsibility lies at his door l i have supported safc for over 60 years. Fix it or you will l will move on. I have had enough of your playing with OUR CLUB. Please sell and go away. You have no right to destroy our proud and cherished heritage and I am beginning to think you should take BAIN AND GRAYSON with you. BSA please save us!!!!
oxfordshire
Senior player
Senior player

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:26 pm

Meeting up with the cuddlies for a gargle and having some ace craic is the reason we go out. Out of loyalty we go to the SoL and will probably continue to do so but Sunday club when there are 3 matches on is becoming particularly tempting.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:20 am

KTF & WCATM
At least your guaranteed a seat   Laughing

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:19 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:

KTF & WCATM
At least your guaranteed a seat   Laughing
Always guaranteed, the seat behind the driver is mine next to Edith.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum