SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 3:31 pm by Hieronymus

» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

Hieronymus, Mackemneil

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SUNDERLAND V Nottingham Forest--Match Day thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SUNDERLAND V Nottingham Forest--Match Day thread

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-12, 5:26 pm

I will open Chatbox later if anyone is interested? We can commiserate with each other at least! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-12, 6:53 pm

BBC's preview of tonights game

Sunderland boss Simon Grayson has injury concerns after Saturday's 2-1 defeat by Sheffield United, notably after defender Lamine Kone limped off.

Aiden McGeady, Lee Cattermole and Bryan Oviedo could return after missing the Blades game through injury.
Forest will be unable to call on former Black Cats midfielder David Vaughan who has a groin problem.
Goalkeeper Stephen Henderson could press Jordan Smith after his return from a long-term Achilles injury.

SAM's prediction
Home win 48%
Draw 27%
Away win 25%
SAM, the Sports Analytics Machine, is a super-computer built by @ProfIanMcHale of the University of Liverpool.

Match facts

• Sunderland have won their last four meetings against Forest in all competitions - though this is their first encounter since August 2008.
  • Forest have never won a league game at the Stadium of Light in three attempts (D1 L2) - their last away win at Sunderland came at Roker Park in November 1993, with a Stan Collymore brace helping them to a 3-2 win.
  • The Black Cats are winless in 13 league games at the Stadium of Light (D5 L8) - their second-longest winless home run in their league history (18 in 2005-06).
  • Nottingham Forest have lost eight of their last 10 away Championship matches on a Tuesday (D2) since a 1-0 win at Birmingham in September 2015.
  • No Championship player has had a hand in more goals than Barrie McKay this season (five; two goals, three assists).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-12, 7:04 pm

Team News. No Kone or Galloway and Rodwell and Vaughan only subs. Catts is back, as is Oviedo plus all three of our new signings Wilson, Williams and McManaman start

Sunderland

• 25 Ruiter
  • 21 Matthews
  • 18 Browning
  • 36 Wilson
  • 3   Oviedo
  • 6   Cattermole
  • 17 Ndong
  • 26 Honeyman
  • 7   Williams
  • 13 McManaman
  • 11 Grabban

Substitutes

• 1   Steele
  • 2   Jones
  • 8   Rodwell
  • 9   Vaughan
  • 22 Love
  • 24 Gibson
  • 27 Gooch

Nottm Forest

• 43 Smith
  • 27 Darikwa
  • 42 Worrall
  • 5   Mills
  • 6   Traore
  • 7   Bridcutt
  • 31 Bouchalakis
  • 17 Brereton
  • 20 Dowell
  • 11 Osborn
  • 9   Murphy

Substitutes

• 2   Lichaj
  • 10 McKay
  • 13 Fox
  • 16 Clough
  • 18 Carayol
  • 30 Henderson
  • 35 Cummings
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-12, 8:45 pm

Hieronymus wrote:BBC's preview of tonights game

Match facts

• Sunderland have won their last four meetings against Forest in all competitions - though this is their first encounter since August 2008.
  • Forest have never won a league game at the Stadium of Light in three attempts (D1 L2) - their last away win at Sunderland came at Roker Park in November 1993, with a Stan Collymore brace helping them to a 3-2 win.

• The Black Cats are winless in 13 league games at the Stadium of Light (D5 L8) - their second-longest winless home run in their league history (18 in 2005-06).

• Nottingham Forest have lost eight of their last 10 away Championship matches on a Tuesday (D2) since a 1-0 win at Birmingham in September 2015.
  • No Championship player has had a hand in more goals than Barrie McKay this season (five; two goals, three assists).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

we have 45 mins  to improve things...
Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-09-12, 9:27 pm

Oh dear......If the lucks not with you it's not with you.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-12, 9:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-12, 9:35 pm

I hope Syd kept dry at least....

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-12, 9:58 pm

silvers wrote:I hope Syd kept dry at least....

Very Happy
I doubt it. Nasty out there tonight according to Barnesy and Bennett (the weather not the performance!)

I am so disappointed because we played reasonably well. At least holding on for the draw would have been something. One mistake by Browning and Murphy scores with virtually their only attack. Sigh Mad
From listening to the radio commentary it sounded like Vaughan is not the answer to our lack of goals and if Grabban is injured we will miss him. We really really need a striker (Ricky Lambert is still available!). Wilson, Williams and McManaman were very lively and hard working and pushed on. So as their match fitness improves so will our performances and hopefully results.

So, Hull City here we come Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-09-12, 10:11 pm

It's just not funny anymore now, this was the must win game IMO so now Saturdays game is lose that and Short will no doubt be making ready and flicking off the safety. If we do lose then surely even Grayson must admit we are in crisis, absolutely sod all he can do about it until January if he is still here and Short backs him that is.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-12, 11:14 pm

Well back with the weather turning nasty but yes I was dry, my seat just avoids the rain.

A very disappointing end to the evening because there was so much to be pleased about with a much better performance.
Mathews and Oviedo had good games and so did Browning and  Wilson apart from the Browning mistake that cost us.

Midfield was fine but you could see the lack of confidence but that was improving with every passing minute. The problem we have is the problem we have had all season, we cant score.

In the end that fact and one mistake cost us but we are a team in transition and it was never going to be easy but still no panic button for me. Players improving, players coming back and that all important stroke of luck needed.

My final point is Murphy, a player many scorned about when we were said to be after him, that was his 4th goal of the season tonight.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-09-12, 11:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well back with the weather turning nasty but yes I was dry, my seat just avoids the rain.

A very disappointing end to the evening because there was so much to be pleased about with a much better performance.
Mathews and Oviedo had good games and so did Browning and  Wilson apart from the Browning mistake that cost us.

Midfield was fine but you could see the lack of confidence but that was improving with every passing minute. The problem we have is the problem we have had all season, we cant score.

In the end that fact and one mistake cost us but we are a team in transition and it was never going to be easy but still no panic button for me. Players improving, players coming back and that all important stroke of luck needed.

My final point is Murphy, a player many scorned about when we were said to be after him, that was his 4th goal of the season tonight.
Yes, that's what it sounded like to me. And I had the same thought as you regarding Murphy. Bennett and Barnes said that he was the difference in the end, taking one of the only two chances Forest had all evening. Murphy knew where the goal was, when his opportunity came, while our lads just don't have that natural finishing ability.

At least in this league matches come thick and fast so no time to dwell on the last result, just on to the next game.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-13, 7:55 am

Sunderland boss Simon Grayson:
"It's probably the most frustrating result we've had because we didn't deserve to lose that game, without a shadow of a doubt.
"I thought the players responded from Saturday and showed a lot of bravery with and without the ball, which we asked them to do.
"They responded in a confident manner from the weekend's result, and it's a big kick in the teeth when you lose a game like that because we didn't deserve that. It happened though.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-09-13, 8:35 am

.. simply because we aint got a finisher..

SG needs a magic wand...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-09-13, 9:45 am

silvers wrote:.. simply because we aint got a finisher..

SG needs a magic wand...
Yeh we need some one to score goals
Let's hope he's looking for some out of contract players
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-09-13, 10:25 am

the only natural finisher we have is only 18!!

When Maja is fit he will be a great impact player off the bench, but we must get a freebie in to take the pressure off the others. Dont care if he is old and relatively immobilw a long as he can convert!!!
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-09-13, 10:56 am

Well it was nice and sunny in Scarborough yesterday and fortunately as I suspected was going to be the case, I got back to late for the game.

Was I lucky or what!

I really do not know where we go from here. Every fear we had appears to be coming true.... i hate it:evil:

Even when Defoe was here we needed another striker now he is gone we need two. That was acknowledged by all and sundry at the club during the summer...but Short is playing the tight tawt.

Personally I would not blame Grayson if he walked....it must be very frustrating 

Short has touted the club around and nobody wants to know. The best he could do is just pay off all the debts and walk away... never going to happen though.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-09-13, 11:04 am

sunderpitt wrote:Well it was nice and sunny in Scarborough yesterday and fortunately as I suspected was going to be the case, I got back to late for the game.

Was I lucky or what! Unlucky IMO, good game with disappointing end

I really do not know where we go from here. Every fear we had appears to be coming true.... i hate it:evil:
We go to Hull, play the same, cut out the mistakes and who knows

Even when Defoe was here we needed another striker now he is gone we need two. That was acknowledged by all and sundry at the club during the summer...but Short is playing the tight tawt.
Short is a distraction we can do nothing about

Personally I would not blame Grayson if he walked....it must be very frustrating 
There will be no walking, why should he, he knew what he was coming to, doubled his pay packet and will get it right

Short has touted the club around and nobody wants to know. The best he could do is just pay off all the debts and walk away... never going to happen though.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: