SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 10:56 am by cyprussyd

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Tina anybody?
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:31 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 10
Today at 7:50 am by oldblackcat

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

» I am no scholar
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

cretanmakem, cyprussyd, Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Big mistake?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big mistake?

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-09-01, 9:06 am

Well we have three signings....none of them that are outstanding players,but they all have one thing in common...they have something to prove (which seems to be something that Grayson is keen on) which theoretically,should be good for the club as they will be giving 100%......one big mistake imo is that we needed a striker,same as we have the last couple of seasons...IF we had a transfer kitty that was reasonable in this league (as Grayson implied) surely we haven't spent it? The one thing that will make a difference of us giving us slight hope that we could at least challenge for the play-offs is a striker...why haven't we pushed the boat out and signed one? I know people will say we have Watmore to come back,but he's not a striker,he's not a goalscorer....Asoro at the minute looks like what he is...a promising player in a mans team,he needs game time on loan somewhere imo...Maja looked the real deal pre-season but injury has kept him out and he'll need time to get back up to speed,can we wait?still a gamble as we haven't seen him in a proper competitive game yet.The only thing that I can guess is that Grayson has faith in Vaughan and Grabban scoring goals and has signed Williams and Macmanaman (spelling?) in the hope they can create more chances for them to put away.I still think it's a big mistake not signing another striker,but what do you lot think?
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Re: Big mistake?

Post  The Yakker on 2017-09-01, 9:09 am

oldblackcat wrote:Well we have three signings....none of them that are outstanding players,but they all have one thing in common...they have something to prove (which seems to be something that Grayson is keen on) which theoretically,should be good for the club as they will be giving 100%......one big mistake imo is that we needed a striker,same as we have the last couple of seasons...IF we had a transfer kitty that was reasonable in this league (as Grayson implied) surely we haven't spent it? The one thing that will make a difference of us giving us slight hope that we could at least challenge for the play-offs is a striker...why haven't we pushed the boat out and signed one? I know people will say we have Watmore to come back,but he's not a striker,he's not a goalscorer....Asoro at the minute looks like what he is...a promising player in a mans team,he needs game time on loan somewhere imo...Maja looked the real deal pre-season but injury has kept him out and he'll need time to get back up to speed,can we wait?still a gamble as we haven't seen him in a proper competitive game yet.The only thing that I can guess is that Grayson has faith in Vaughan and Grabban scoring goals and has signed Williams and Macmanaman (spelling?) in the hope they can create more chances for them to put away.I still think it's a big mistake not signing another striker,but what do you lot think?
Striker was number one on  list for me 
As for the out's they (kazri,lens wibbly wobbly) went out on loan, i dont understand that why werent they sold ?

Last edited by The Yakker on 2017-09-01, 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed summit)
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-09-01, 9:38 am

I think we all would have liked to have seen a striker come in but hey ho that's the way it is and I'm sure Grayson will have his positive head on and get on with it. We've now got a lot more creativity in the team. More so than last year so things are looking up on that front. Last year we had a striker but no-one that could create chances for him. This year I reckon we'll see a few regular scorers with less reliance on one person.

We know what we've got now. Let's get behind them. With the right attitude and the right support this squad will perform.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum