SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread
Today at 10:41 pm by cyprussyd

» Mark Sampson sacked
Today at 10:10 pm by Nostalgic

» It seems its not always about money
Today at 7:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions week 9
Today at 6:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Today at 6:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 6:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 7
Today at 6:24 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Good read from Phil Smith
Today at 5:00 pm by Billy D

» Could this be the team
Today at 4:05 pm by cyprussyd

» The Martin Bain Interview
Today at 11:42 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

cyprussyd, Hieronymus, oxfordshire, silvers, talcnturnip

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Once again the English fans aren't considered

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Once again the English fans aren't considered

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-08-23, 10:16 am

This is a report in the Daily Star.

Carabao Cup third round draw: When is it?

The Premier League big boys enter and will be looking forward to finding out their opponents.
The draw takes place in Beijing, China on Thursday, August 24.
But it won't be fun for those in the UK as it all gets underway at 4.15am BST.
So you'll have to set a painfully early alarm if you want to find out who your side has drawn.

Carabao Cup third round draw: How can I watch?

Why would you want to get up that early and see the debacle that has been the draw of the previous two rounds?
And this time there won't be any issues that we hear of because it is NOT being televised.
The draw taking place is all part of trying to expand the competition in the Far East.
An EFL Cup spokesman explained: "We understand that not everyone will agree on the timing of this week’s round-three draw, but in staging in this way, it will give the competition both the maximum exposure in the UK, Chinese and Southeast Asian markets.
"This is not only an important factor for the EFL but also our new sponsors Carabao, who, like ourselves, plan to use the growing global appeal of the competition to reach new audiences."
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Once again the English fans aren't considered

Post  silvers on 2017-08-23, 10:18 am

Carabao Cup third round draw: Why is it in China?

The draw taking place is all part of trying to expand the competition in the Far East.
An EFL Cup spokesman explained: "We understand that not everyone will agree on the timing of this week’s round-three draw, but in staging in this way, it will give the competition both the maximum exposure in the UK, Chinese and Southeast Asian markets.
"This is not only an important factor for the EFL but also our new sponsors Carabao, who, like ourselves, plan to use the growing global appeal of the competition to reach new audiences."

Carabao Cup third round draw: When will matches be played?

Third round ties will all be played week commencing Monday, September 18th.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-23, 10:41 am

Fear not, our international news correspondent is on the case, come on Vinkle my son

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-23, 11:32 am

Not even good grammar given they say 'both' then list three markets they are aiming for: "the UK, Chinese and Southeast Asian markets"

Or maybe they did mean 'both' as if they had said they wanted "maximum exposure in all three" of these markets it would have been untrue, given they way they have done it gives LEAST exposure in UK!

Plus I cannot see much of that 'maximum exposure' materialsing in China and Southeast Asia if no one is televising it. Although I assume the Far East companies are, just not UK based media.

Anyway, now we know (if we did not before, and I am sure many of us did) that the game of football, or at least the authorities that run it, are merely craven servants of their sponsors. It is no longer the 'beautiful game' we all love but a commercial racket, that has finally descended into farce Mad

A bit early in the day for a rant but that made me feel better anyway Laughing

Last edited by Hieronymus on 2017-08-23, 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-23, 11:36 am

Hieronymus wrote:Not even good grammar given they say 'both' then list three markets they are aiming for: "the UK, Chinese and Southeast Asian markets"

Or maybe they did mean 'both' as if they had said they wanted "maximum exposure in all three" of these markets it would have been untrue, given they way they have done it gives LEAST exposure in UK!

Plus I cannot see much of that 'maximum exposure' materialsing in China and Southeast Asia if no one is televising it. Although I assume the Far East companies are, just not UK based media.

Anyway, now we know (if we did not before, and I am sure many of us did) that the game of football, or at least the authorities that run it, are merely craven servants of their sponsors. It is no longer the 'beautiful game' we all love but a commercial racket, that has finally descended into farce Mad

A good friend of mine who writes in the Metro (free paper, NOT the shopping centre) wonders who Salako will draw for Norwich in the next round and goes on to speculate "Vitesse Arnhem away maybe!"   Laughing

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-23, 11:40 am

canary-dave wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Not even good grammar given they say 'both' then list three markets they are aiming for: "the UK, Chinese and Southeast Asian markets"

A good friend of mine who writes in the Metro (free paper, NOT the shopping centre) wonders who Salako will draw for Norwich in the next round and goes on to speculate "Vitesse Arnhem away maybe!"   Laughing
This post is about English fans not inbreds from East Anglia.  rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-08-23, 2:24 pm

Being held at a ridiculous time of the morning and not having it televised takes some of the fun out of the draw. When the home team is being drawn we are all thinking 'Us, us' but if it is for the away team we all think 'Not us, not us'.

Mind you after the farce of the 2nd round draw maybe EFL has decided to hold the draw in the Far East so they won't be embarrassed again.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum