SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Academy of Plight?
Today at 8:28 am by cyprussyd

» Is it time for Tom Beadling to be given his chance?
Today at 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 10
Yesterday at 8:53 pm by Mackemneil

» Results of week 8 and fixtures for week 9
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by Mackemneil

» Special day Tuesday!
Yesterday at 8:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Classic Clough
Yesterday at 6:21 pm by canary-dave

» Craig Shakespeare: Leicester City sack manager four months after appointment
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Is it payback time?
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 11:14 am by MrRAWhite

» Death of Working Men's Clubs
Yesterday at 9:07 am by Sid MCFC

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Barnsley v Sunderland==Matchday Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Barnsley v Sunderland==Matchday Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-22, 9:46 pm

Barnsley v Sunderland
Sat 26 Aug
KO 15.00
Oakwell

They are coming thick and fast

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-08-26, 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Barnsley v Sunderland==Matchday Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-23, 9:04 am

My guess is..

RUITER
JONES  KONE  BROWNING  OVIEDO
HONEYMAN  CATTERMOLE  NDONG  MCGEADY
GRABBAN VAUGHAN

That said I have a sneaky feeling Gooch could have earned a place in the starting 11 but who for?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-08-23, 11:18 am

normally take loads to Barnsley whats our allocation?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-24, 3:23 pm

barrowmackem wrote:normally take loads to Barnsley whats our allocation?
Not sure but our bus sold out very quickly

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-24, 3:36 pm

Well the clock is ticking down to this game and despite the gossip it seems no offers in for N'Dong or Kone and a veil of silence over Khazri.

At the same time we still await our next signing so the expected busy final few days is looking very likely.

Grayson has again, in his Barnsley press conference reiterated that any Sunderland player leaving will be on our terms, I am more than happy to believe that until we hear differently, if indeed we do.

I have now heard a few things about Khazri that would suggest he is indeed on his way and I'm not sure that would be to big a loss.

Assuming we still have all players with us come kick off I would think we can just about name the team with two intriguing exceptions. Ruiter and Gooch.

Both played well against Carlisle but of course it was Carlisle. Ruiter in particular could justifiably feel aggrieved not to start, IMO but of course it's Graysons opinion not mine that counts.

After 10 years of playing the Man United's and Cities of the footballing world it's easy to think Barnsley, well that will be a doddle but of course we have already learned that doddles don't exist in the championship.

That said I am very confident we wont lose and optimistic we will come away with all 3 points.

KTF & FTM
ack ack ack ack ack
PS, MrRaw could well be bringing back a match report

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-24, 7:48 pm

Just over 4000 officially.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-08-24, 9:43 pm

Got my ticket and cadged a lift off some great old mates from Ryhope.. Really looking forward to this one..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-25, 6:23 pm

CHATBOX

Join us on chatbox from just before kick until full time.

Share the joys of a winning team, hopefully. Good passionate fans, and sunderpit and fans from all over the world and Northumberland.

So

1. go to home page
  2. top of page is chatbox
  3. log on top right
  4. chat away

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-26, 11:16 am

Barnsley signing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will have to wait to make his debut as a hamstring strain keeps him out despite receiving international clearance.
Defender Zeki Fryers, also hamstring, and midfielder Lloyd Isgrove with a foot problem, miss out through injury.
Sunderland boss Simon Grayson has no new injury concerns, and Bryan Oviedo could again feature overcoming a calf niggle from Tuesday's win at Carlisle.
Midfielder Jack Rodwell remains absent despite returning to training.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-26, 4:38 pm

Still playing but a bad day for us, lots of possession first half but could not make the chances.

Apparently calls down there for Grayson out and Honeyman you are shit.

Some of our fans, IMO, make Newcastle fans look good.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-08-26, 4:52 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Still playing but a bad day for us, lots of possession first half but could not make the chances.

They pay their money and can air their views ,,,, we all ,,,, irrespective of what we are ,,, rosie or negative have an opinion,,, 3-0 with near 5000  away fans I reckon deserve better ,,, just my 3 penny worth from afar and unable to see to judge ,,, Grayson I doubt can be blamed ,,, but we are shit just get it into your heeeeeds WEARESHIT, reckon I better keep quiet on this forum from now on because I really do not agree with the majority of opinion .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-26, 5:00 pm

cretanmakem wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Still playing but a bad day for us, lots of possession first half but could not make the chances.

They pay their money and can air their views ,,,, we all ,,,, irrespective of what we are ,,, rosie or negative have an opinion,,, 3-0 with near 5000  away fans I reckon deserve better ,,, just my 3 penny worth from afar and unable to see to judge ,,, Grayson I doubt can be blamed ,,, but we are shit just get it into your heeeeeds WEARESHIT, reckon I better keep quiet on this forum from now on because I really do not agree with the majority of opinion .

That's the whole point of a forum, just disagree respectfully, just as you are allowed your opinion, they too are allowed their's

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-26, 5:07 pm

cretanmakem wrote:

Two wins against lower league teams in the cup has papered over the cracks sadly. We are 19th so the table does not lie and backs up your opinion, even if only after a handful of games.

And you are always welcome no matter what you think of the team, as long as you don't call US, who may, or may not disagree!! Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2017-08-26, 5:20 pm

cretanmakem wrote:

Yes Creatan we are all entitled to an opinion and I can understand the frustration when the team play as they did today especially after what the fans were dished up during last years  shambolic season. I too feel somewhat let down. You ask those of us who try to be positive in our support to "just get it into your heeeeeds WEARESHIT,".  

Can I ask you to try to understand other supporters attitudes and perhaps learn from them by being positive and encouraging  the players and manager rather than abusing them. How would you feel if you were screamed at "YOU ARE SHIT" every time you had a bad day.

Please keep posting to express your frustration and opinion, that's what the forum is all about but please try to modify the the manner in which you deliver your feelings.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-26, 5:20 pm

My view is simple, and BTW its neither rosie or negative, we are not great but when we came down how many thought we were.

We are where we are and the only way out of it is to support the manager not be calling for him to be sacked, we have tried that one.

My hope is that we spend the next few days, well the club do in getting out those we want out and getting in what we need.

IMO, to be shouting for Grayson out is an embarrassment, fans or not.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-26, 5:25 pm

Yes, very disappointing.

The ship hasn't sunk,  but it is has a bit of a lean on it  ....

The last week of the window is now VITAL, and we somehow need to plug that defence !

Perhaps SG could ring Big Sam for some centre half advice

Cool

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-26, 5:28 pm

If Grayson does not get financial support in the next five days (yes, just five days left of the window), fans will truly be hacked off....  understatement..

In Short we trust ????????????????????
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-26, 6:11 pm

Simon Grayson admits he's had words with Sunderland players. Individually & collectively "unacceptable" from 30 mins on. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-26, 6:52 pm

Certainly not time to be calling for Grayson "Out", embarrassing really.

As for the team.....unless you are of Syds' opinion and temperament the last two league  results are as expected. Defoe is missed his goals papered over the cracks
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-26, 7:16 pm

sunderpitt wrote:Certainly not time to be calling for Grayson "Out", embarrassing really.

As for the team.....unless you are of Syds' opinion and temperament the last two league  results are as expected. Defoe is missed his goals papered over the cracKS
Not quite sure I get that, temperament yes, rarely get angry these days, not worth it but opinion is simple, we are where we are. I have never said we will go up indeed quite the opposite and we need better quality but, and for me its an important but, we are in a rebuild stage with no money so I enjoy the wins and suffer the defeats.

I don't expect to win them all but when we win I don't talk of worldbeaters and when we lose I don't go all we are shit.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-26, 7:41 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:Certainly not time to be calling for Grayson "Out", embarrassing really.

As for the team.....unless you are of Syds' opinion and temperament the last two league  results are as expected. Defoe is missed his goals papered over the cracKS
Not quite sure I get that, temperament yes, rarely get angry these days, not worth it but opinion is simple, we are where we are. I have never said we will go up indeed quite the opposite and we need better quality but, and for me its an important but, we are in a rebuild stage with no money so I enjoy the wins and suffer the defeats.

I don't expect to win them all but when we win I don't talk of worldbeaters and when we lose I don't go all we are shit.

What has happened to my Syd....he has been replaced by a sensible realist 

I do agree however we need some quality players...whether they will be forthcoming in the next few days is doubtful.. ..but yes we can hope
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-08-26, 10:19 pm

I just don't get how blinkered short can be even he must see we need investment now
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-08-26, 10:35 pm

paddocklad wrote:I just don't get how blinkered short can be even he must see we need investment now
I would like to think so 
But the only money he will spend is that off sales 
I feel he's not bothered now
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-27, 11:18 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nice strip.   

No, it's not Citeh ...