SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Academy of Plight?
Today at 8:28 am by cyprussyd

» Is it time for Tom Beadling to be given his chance?
Today at 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 10
Yesterday at 8:53 pm by Mackemneil

» Results of week 8 and fixtures for week 9
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by Mackemneil

» Special day Tuesday!
Yesterday at 8:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Classic Clough
Yesterday at 6:21 pm by canary-dave

» Craig Shakespeare: Leicester City sack manager four months after appointment
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Is it payback time?
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 11:14 am by MrRAWhite

» Death of Working Men's Clubs
Yesterday at 9:07 am by Sid MCFC

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

Vincemac, vinkel

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Grayson bemoans the competition of transfers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grayson bemoans the competition of transfers

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-21, 5:13 pm

Larry recons that sunderland will face tough competition from other championship club in pursuit of his top targets. Wonder what he's saying. He actually stated that Leeds were in the driving seat for one target as they have just recieved £15mill for woods.....what about the Pickford money....f*cking yankee bastard.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson bemoans the competition of transfers

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-21, 7:39 pm

Is he accepting that "thats your lot" and were not bringing anybody else in?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-21, 7:48 pm

gil t azell wrote:Is he accepting that "thats your lot" and were not bringing anybody else in?
That's probably what he's been told reading between the lines I think.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-21, 7:50 pm

He may simply be saying Sunderland will face competition.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-21, 7:51 pm

Roker roar wrote:Larry recons that sunderland will face tough competition from other championship club in pursuit of his top targets. Wonder what he's saying. He actually stated that Leeds were in the driving seat for one target as they have just recieved £15mill for woods.....what about the Pickford money....f*cking yankee bastard.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-21, 7:58 pm

cyprussyd wrote:He may simply be saying Sunderland will face competition.
Quite possibly.
Or on the other hand, he may be saying in a roundabout way that we are f*cked with Shorty at the helm.
The latter is the more likely scenario imo.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-21, 9:27 pm

Billy D wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:He may simply be saying Sunderland will face competition.
Quite possibly.
Or on the other hand, he may be saying in a roundabout way that we are f*cked with Shorty at the helm.
The latter is the more likely scenario imo.
That's the only scenario it won't be as we all already know that.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-21, 9:59 pm

Sounds straight forward to me.

Simon Grayson has admitted that he is shopping in a crowded transfer market. 

The Sunderland boss has targeted UK based players this summer, particularly those that he has worked with in the past. However, he faces stiff competition from teams right across the second tier as the window draws to a close. Sunderland have not made any additions since the arrival of Robbin Ruiter on a free transfer at the beginning of August but Grayson remains relaxed. He said: "We’ve still got ten days to go. Nothing has moved on either positively or negatively, negotiations go on on a daily basis. I’m not going to rush into a decision to bring in a player just for the sake of it, we’ll do it when it is the right player at the right time." Grayson also knows that the club's financial situation will make it difficult to compete with some of the other sides in the division. Leeds United, for example, will enter an already crowded market for strikers having just landed a club record fee for Chris Wood, believed to be in excess of £15 million. Thomas Christiansen's side have been linked with Sunderland targets Ross McCormack and Robert Snodgrass, though Elland Road sources have played down those rumours. The Black Cats boss will look to sell his vision for the club having already convinced the likes of Aiden McGeady to team up with him again. He said: "I think a lot of clubs in the Championship are still looking at the same players, whether it’s Leeds or whoever. I know we’ve been looking at players and been told that there are half a dozen to a dozen in the league looking at them as well. "That’s the market we’re in, you’re looking at good players which we want to do. We’ve got to sell the club to them, that they’re going to play a lot, or whatever it is. Whether we’re competing with other clubs or not for players we want to bring them in for the right reasons."

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-08-21, 10:37 pm

So here we go new excuses we should have gotten these new players in ages ago instead of pussy footing around.
We have been short of a full squad for a very long time,so for me no excuses this time around.
Graysons words we don't have the most amount to spend but we don't have the least in this league.
So we have only spent 1.5 million-2 million,what a joke.
I would like to see exactly what short has paid off the debt.
As you can read I am now getting very sick of the bullshit this club is spinning us
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-21, 10:52 pm

An important ten days ahead which may well define the season ahead.
We.. Joe Public .. are desperate for some acknowledgement / declaration of intent from the club to back up their PR spiel.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-08-21, 11:03 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:So here we go new excuses we should have gotten these new players in ages ago instead of pussy footing around.
We have been short of a full squad for a very long time,so for me no excuses this time around.
Graysons words we don't have the most amount to spend but we don't have the least in this league.
So we have only spent 1.5 million-2 million,what a joke.
I would like to see exactly what short has paid off the debt.
As you can read I am now getting very sick of the bullshit this club is spinning us
I think grayson is doing an amazing job with what he's got but don't get why he hasn't got a bit more. debt should be paid off by now with surplus. Bain's stated aim is to get us promoted - wierd way to go about it. What harm would 2 thirds of the Pickford money do for purchases when we got £100m for finishing bottom?
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-22, 7:39 am

Before Saturday life was sweet, we lose a game and suddenly the world has ended.

All this bullshit from the club, what bullshit, we have no dosh and they keep telling us that, better than the old style of saying nowt.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-08-22, 7:57 am

I think a lot of people would like to see what's paid of the debt which is to................oh a company that short is involved with at a higher rate of interest than the Bank of England.............a lot of the stuff about the debt is just smoke and mirrors by short and his associates

I think Grayson is doing a great job with what he has but the statement above is just a way of letting us know that's it folks store is closed
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-22, 8:10 am

Maybe I'm just to trusting and like to think the best of people, I still expect two/three in before the window closes.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-08-22, 8:18 am

cyprussyd wrote:Before Saturday life was sweet, we lose a game and suddenly the world has ended.

All this bullshit from the club, what bullshit, we have no dosh and they keep telling us that, better than the old style of saying nowt.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-08-22, 8:24 am

Must admit it sounds ominous from Grayson ,,,, but we all knew this anyway , McCormack and Snodgrass were and always will be very remote signings for us . Reality is if Grayson has a player in mind for 1-2 mil I would reckon he gets his man , but the likes of Snod is never happening due to fee/loan cost/wages . Nothing new apart from we have a manager just confirming our present woes under Short . Patience will run out if Khazri and Kone go for 20 mil and none of that is spent by Grayson . I actually doubt Short is that feckin stupid , but countdown to transfer close and we will be either totally pished off or just same old same old . 

Short OUT ,,,, ffs surely not one Sunderland supporter can justify this tossers current bored attitude to his 'old toy' .

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-22, 8:41 am

The problem is we can shout Short out all we like but he wont go until he is ready to go so for me getting angry, annoyed of whatever is wasted energy and affects Short not one jot so whats the point?

I prefer to use my energy on supporting the manager and players we have rather than bemoaning what we don't have.

I also think that the hatred of Short can easily affect our views on statements made and Grayson for me was simply saying its tough to get players in when you have no dosh but other clubs have, seems straightforward and true to me.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-08-22, 8:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:The problem is we can shout Short out all we like but he wont go until he is ready to go so for me getting angry, annoyed of whatever is wasted energy and affects Short not one jot so whats the point?

I prefer to use my energy on supporting the manager and players we have rather than bemoaning what we don't have.

I also think that the hatred of Short can easily affect our views on statements made and Grayson for me was simply saying its tough to get players in when you have no dosh but other clubs have, seems straightforward and true to me.
For a few years now i have been in the "Short out " camp. True up untill now he has backed his managers with transfers, but it has been done with inflated loans. To my mind an owner should be investing in his club not loaning. I would still prefer he goes, but without the money he gave to several managers (badly wasted) we would have gone down before now. 
Is it true the loans are to be repaid by 2019?

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-22, 10:49 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:The problem is we can shout Short out all we like but he wont go until he is ready to go so for me getting angry, annoyed of whatever is wasted energy and affects Short not one jot so whats the point?

For a few years now i have been in the "Short out " camp. True up untill now he has backed his managers with transfers, but it has been done with inflated loans. To my mind an owner should be investing in his club not loaning. I would still prefer he goes, but without the money he gave to several managers (badly wasted) we would have gone down before now. 
Is it true the loans are to be repaid by 2019?
Yes it is true, but they can always take out another loan to extend. But if we are still in the Championship by then the parachute money will be gone and any loans offered to us will be considered much more risky, so even higher interest!

So basically Short should be doing what we have all been saying, speculate to accumulate. Put more in and get the players to get promotion to the riches of the Premier League, where we will be a much more attractive proposition to buyers.Or at least be able to finance the loans.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-22, 3:21 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Before Saturday life was sweet, we lose a game and suddenly the world has ended.

Sorry Syd.

The world has not ended.

We are just acknowledging the reality of our situation.

We gripe because we care for our club and what it has become...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-22, 3:28 pm

silvers wrote:

Sorry Syd.

The world has not ended.

Absolutely fantastic response. It is what it is but does not mean we can bury our heads in the sand and be happy about it. If no one complained or drew to the fact they weren't happy with a certain situation there would be no such thing as change and nothing would ever be done. We need short out before we actually are playing Bedlington terriers for real.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-22, 3:33 pm

silvers wrote:

Sorry Syd.

The world has not ended.

I also face reality and accept what we have become and I doubt anyone cares about our club more than I do. My world has certainly not ended and tonight I will listen to radio Newcastle. 

Its just my support is to not take every opportunity to take a swipe at Short, gripe can and is good but sometimes your reality is to me unreal.
Far to quick to take the downside, find the negative. If we don't sign anyone else I will be disappointed but that for me is far better than to be pleased I am right in seeing the doom.

I heard all of last season and seasons before how we need a clear out, a fresh start, maybe even regelation, well get real, we have it and now its time to support. My reality is I would love a new owner but I can do nothing about that, I can however do my bit to support the manager and players we have and hope to get and that is exactly what I intend doing.

I accept that I am becoming more and more out of step to many Sundermadders but being out of step has never bothered me.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-22, 3:38 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
silvers wrote:

Sorry Syd.

The world has not ended.

I also face reality and accept what we have become and I doubt anyone cares about our club more than I do. My world has certainly not ended and tonight I will listen to radio Newcastle. 

Its just my support is to not take every opportunity to take a swipe at Short, gripe can and is good but sometimes your reality is to me unreal.
Far to quick to take the downside, find the negative. If we don't sign anyone else I will be disappointed but that for me is far better than to be pleased I am right in seeing the doom.

I heard all of last season and seasons before how we need a clear out, a fresh start, maybe even regelation, well get real, we have it and now its time to support. My reality is I would love a new owner but I can do nothing about that, I can however do my bit to support the manager and players we have and hope to get and that is exactly what I intend doing.

I accept that I am becoming more and more out of step to many Sundermadders but being out of step has never bothered me.
If you let him/them keep ripping the heart out of the club we won't have one. Anyone in any other job would been sacked years ago.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-22, 4:03 pm

Roker roar wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
silvers wrote:

Sorry Syd.

The world has not ended.

If you let him/them keep ripping the heart out of the club we won't have one. Anyone in any other job would been sacked years ago.
So how do I stop him?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-22, 4:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Roker roar wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
silvers wrote:

Sorry Syd.

The world has not ended.

So how do I stop him?
You don't Syd, it's done collectively.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top