SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 7:58 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
Today at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Today at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Today at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Today at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
Yesterday at 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
Yesterday at 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
Yesterday at 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 16
Yesterday at 1:34 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

catinexile, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Left Back

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Left Back

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-20, 4:27 pm

When was the last time we had a decent LB? Danny Rose, Marcos Alonso  (just scored for chavski)

It has seemed a problem position for us year after year why is that!
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6329
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Left Back

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 4:32 pm

sunderpitt wrote:When was the last time we had a decent LB? Danny Rose, Marcos Alonso  (just scored for chavski)

It has seemed a problem position for us year after year why is that!
Simple, because of the way we kick first half.

A number of England international left backs have agreed to join us but they then realise they would be on your side first half and cant take the abuse.
rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Left Back

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-20, 4:42 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:When was the last time we had a decent LB? Danny Rose, Marcos Alonso  (just scored for chavski)

It has seemed a problem position for us year after year why is that!
Simple, because of the way we kick first half.

A number of England international left backs have agreed to join us but they then realise they would be on your side first half and cant take the abuse.
rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof


Your side too, do not hide your light under a Bush


Not sure why we do not play 3 at the back and 2 wing backs 

We could have had Alonso for about £6m, but I heard the creator of Sundermad  vetoed it...as he was the only good looking bloke allowed in the ground..true
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6329
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Left Back

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 4:50 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:When was the last time we had a decent LB? Danny Rose, Marcos Alonso  (just scored for chavski)

It has seemed a problem position for us year after year why is that!
Simple, because of the way we kick first half.

A number of England international left backs have agreed to join us but they then realise they would be on your side first half and cant take the abuse.
rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof rof


Your side too, do not hide your light under a Bush


Not sure why we do not play 3 at the back and 2 wing backs 

We could have had Alonso for about £6m, but I heard the creator of Sundermad  vetoed it...as he was the only good looking bloke allowed in the ground..true
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 43238
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Left Back

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-20, 5:29 pm

There is a full team of players we have let slip through the net in recent years. Off the top of my head there was:

Goalkeepers: Shay Given (never forgave Bob Murray for not giving Reid the funds to buy him after promotion in 1996 Mad )

Fullbacks: Rose, Alonso, Manquillo, Yedlin

Centrebacks: Evans, Onuoha

Midfielders - Ki Sung Yeung, M'Vila

Forwards: Welbeck, Cisse

The ones in bold I am CERTAIN would have made a huge difference to our fortunes in the last 20 years.

I am sure some of you will think of others I have missed.
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8659
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Left Back

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum