SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 14
Today at 12:28 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Cookie on Rodwell
Today at 12:05 am by Silvers

» Happy Birthday for Friday
Yesterday at 11:49 pm by Roker roar

» Well done Martin Bain
Yesterday at 10:44 pm by Billy D

» Robinho gets 9 years in prison
Yesterday at 5:52 pm by cyprussyd

» Should we keep him?
Yesterday at 5:33 pm by cyprussyd

» BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC
Yesterday at 12:32 am by cyprussyd

» Is it back?
2017-11-22, 7:39 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Managers PETER REID
2017-11-22, 5:24 pm by cyprussyd

» Watmore knacked
2017-11-22, 2:50 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

SAFA Mackem

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 9:58 am

Words I heard a lot yesterday aimed at Galloway and why I think they are wrong words to shout.

I think we all agree that Galloway had a nightmare yesterday and has been the week link all season, well all 4 games.

But Before shouting, "You are shit" we need to ask ourselves 2 questions,

1. Why is he playing?
  2. Is he doing his best?

Why he was playing was obvious to me, we have two recognised left backs, Galloway and Oviedo, one has been injured and did not make the bench yesterday so was obviously not quit ready.  Grayson had two choices, play Galloway or play a right back at left back, he opted for Galloway.

Did he do his best is a far different question to is his best good enough and again just opinion he started by giving his all.

My simple question is how to help and encourage him, we can say nothing or we can shout you are shit, I will leave you to decide the response that will encourage.

When I see a player doing his best but struggling my first thought is how that must feel, to be working in front of 30,000 plus people and doing badly, IMO it takes guts and must be hard. To then hear you are shit must be soul destroying.

It was said on another post that I am too soft and maybe I am but I will never join in with destroying a lad doing his best and before anyone mentions money that for me is a irrelevance when he crosses the line.

There you go, do your best to shoot me down.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: YOU ARE SHIT, GET OFF!!!!

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-20, 10:10 am

It has forever been so...

I recall the same taunts directed at the likes of Cec Irwin and Len Ashurst in their early days. ..   AND Charlie Hurley whose first two games were 0 - 7 and 0 - 6 !

As you say Syd, our young 'uns  are doing their best.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 10:13 am

silvers wrote:It has forever been so...

I recall the same taunts directed at the likes of Cec Irwin and Len Ashurst in their early days. ..   AND Charlie Hurley whose first two games were 0 - 7 and 0 - 6 !

As you say Syd, our young 'uns  are doing their best.
And thats what gets me, I hear it all the time, do your best and we will back you, then so many don't.

Last season Kone did not do his best and he deserved to be slaughtered for it and Galloway is not ready for to be in the team but, if he is picked and does his best we should help him all we can.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-08-20, 10:14 am

cyprussyd wrote:Words I heard a lot yesterday aimed at Galloway and why I think they are wrong words to shout.

I think we all agree that Galloway had a nightmare yesterday and has been the week link all season, well all 4 games.

But Before shouting, "You are shit" we need to ask ourselves 2 questions,

1. Why is he playing?
  2. Is he doing his best?

Why he was playing was obvious to me, we have two recognised left backs, Galloway and Oviedo, one has been injured and did not make the bench yesterday so was obviously not quit ready.  Grayson had two choices, play Galloway or play a right back at left back, he opted for Galloway.

Did he do his best is a far different question to is his best good enough and again just opinion he started by giving his all.

My simple question is how to help and encourage him, we can say nothing or we can shout you are shit, I will leave you to decide the response that will encourage.

When I see a player doing his best but struggling my first thought is how that must feel, to be working in front of 30,000 plus people and doing badly, IMO it takes guts and must be hard. To then hear you are shit must be soul destroying.

It was said on another post that I am too soft and maybe I am but I will never join in with destroying a lad doing his best and before anyone mentions money that for me is a irrelevance when he crosses the line.

There you go, do your best to shoot me down.
Syd you are probably right what you are saying however this is a culmination of the last five years of dross that has been served up-to us so what is happening now is if Short is not going to listen or help the only people we the supporters can turn on are the players,Galloway was have a big mare so Grayson should have changed it earlier.
I believe Grayson did not show any intent especially at home.
Long balls to Vaughan (predictable) going to the same side of the pitch,what happened to playing to feet when the weather dictated it so.
I am afraid unless we get more players in this is the only way it will be,and it looks at the moment down hill.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 10:28 am

When we beat Norwich away I was happy but did not for one moment think we would win the championship.
When we lost at home to Leeds I was unhappy but did not for one moment think we would be relegated.

We lost a game, it happens.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-08-20, 10:41 am

Wouldn't say he was shit syd, wouldn't say he was good either he did have a very poor game and, if we had options on the bench then Grayson should have changed it round. As the game dragged on ( it wasn't a pleasure to watch) we sat deeper and deeper which at home is a big no no and, harked back to the bad old days in the PL. A defeat was never far away so let's get it out of the way now and if we learn from that, great but, we must learn from that as effort and work rate only go so far in winning games.
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-08-20, 10:52 am

cyprussyd wrote:When we beat Norwich away I was happy but did not for one moment think we would win the championship.
When we lost at home to Leeds I was unhappy but did not for one moment think we would be relegated.

We are not alone there, take a look at the other 2 relegated sides. They both have lost 2 out of 4 opening games. We have not got acclimatised to the championship yet, let's wait a while before hurling abuse at the players. I wonder if Villa and Boro fans are slating their team.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 10:54 am

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:When we beat Norwich away I was happy but did not for one moment think we would win the championship.

We are not alone there, take a look at the other 2 relegated sides. They both have lost 2 out of 4 opening games. We have not got acclimatised to the championship yet, let's wait a while before hurling abuse at the players. I wonder if Villa and Boro fans are slating their team.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-20, 11:13 am

Derby scored against us down that wing and it honestly looked like Leeds had done their homework and had targeted him as the weak link. From what I have seen of him he simply isnt up to it....... at the mo. Hopefully with more coaching and help he will improve. 

Having said that I would leave him in against Carlisle.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-20, 11:43 am

Gareth Hall tried his best.
Didn't stop him being dog shit though.
I agree though, give the kid a chance.
Nee good berating the lad.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-20, 11:44 am

He was not alone of course.

Leeds second goal was a free header with marker Jones
no where near the Leeds player..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-20, 11:48 am

Only 10 days left in the window.
My worry is that we could see Short cash in on Kone and Khazri in the last few days with no time left for replacements apart from unattached players.
Good for the accountants .. not so good for Grayson.

An interesting ten days ahead.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-20, 12:03 pm

I would never hurl abuse at players (or anyone) and that attitude is one of the reasons I stopped enjoying going to the match. I understand there is a lot of pent up emotion given the last (too many) seasons and what we supporters have suffered. Some people say you are not a supporter if you can get to the game, but don't go. I say you are not a supporter if your vocal contribution while there amounts to shocking verbal abuse of a young player who is trying his best.

No way should Galloway, here on loan, still learning his trade in a very hard league, in his 5th match in 15 days, deserve to be crucified by anyone. It doesn't even work! How can it do anything but destroy any confidence he has left! Does it make it more likely he will play better, or the opposite? Does it even make the guy shouting the abuse feel any better? NO! So maybe some people need to calm down and look at the bigger picture. Thankfully on TV it wasn't that noticeable.

I know options are limited but Grayson should not have named the same side again for the 4th game in 9 days (which is ridiculous in itself) as Galloway was certainly not the only one who looked leggy; Catts was burned out after 60 mins and I also though Honeyman was poor. Even McGeady was not as dynamic as he has been and Vaughan was largely anonymous. Mind it would help if we actually got the ball to his feet occcasionally instead of lumping the ball in so their centre halves could pick it off every time. Sigh.

SG needs to spend this week getting a couple of new players in ( Snodgrass and McCormack would do me) and then we will have better options. I just hope young Galloway is not going to turn out to be the latest scapegoat that some SAFC 'supporters' just seem to need every season. Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-08-20, 4:03 pm

I believe I will be right in stating most /all of us have been in the crowd near someone who has done nothing but slag players off...
A couple of seasons ago I used to sit in the north stand and a big mouth supporter?? used to sit across from me a few rows back,from the kick off to the final whistle all he used to do was slag players off in an extremely loud voice...one game all he did was slag a couple of players off all game... both of these players were being substituted and he shouted about fcuking time...then when there replacements ran on to the field he shouted why the fcuk are you bringing them on the're shite....same person was going on about how he was travelling to Wembley to "support" the lads in the League cup final....I'm afraid Sunderland have their fair share of brain dead supporters as other clubs
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 4:21 pm

oldblackcat wrote:I believe I will be right in stating most /all of us have been in the crowd near someone who has done nothing but slag players off...
A couple of seasons ago I used to sit in the north stand and a big mouth supporter?? used to sit across from me a few rows back,from the kick off to the final whistle all he used to do was slag players off in an extremely loud voice...one game all he did was slag a couple of players off all game... both of these players were being substituted and he shouted about fcuking time...then when there replacements ran on to the field he shouted why the fcuk are you bringing them on the're shite....same person was going on about how he was travelling to Wembley to "support" the lads in the League cup final....I'm afraid Sunderland have their fair share of brain dead supporters as other clubs
You are assuming they have a brain to die in the first place

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-08-20, 6:54 pm

I think part of the problem was that he was deserted by mageady and was often left 2 against one
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-20, 8:05 pm

paddocklad wrote:I think part of the problem was that he was deserted by mageady and was often left 2 against one
Grayson switched McGeady and Honeyman after they scored, to counter that problem, but it didn't work sadly Crying or Very sad

To be fair to Leeds they had done their homework and knew Galloway might be a weak link, and they also worked hard to keep McGeady and Grabban quiet, so they were not as effective as they had been in previous games.

But if only that Grabban effort had gone in just before they went up and scored it might have been a different story.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-08-20, 11:37 pm

oldblackcat wrote:I believe I will be right in stating most /all of us have been in the crowd near someone who has done nothing but slag players off...
The idiots rile me like hell. There was one near me yesterday. swearing at any player who didn't win a ball no mater if they'd been playing well an  trying hard. Everybody else around  me just laughed  at him but I was tempted to tell him to shut it. I decided the consequences of that just weren't worth it though. He was strangely quiet in the 2nd half though. Maybe one of his mates had a word. Anyway, we all seem to agree on here that it doesn't achieve anyting. I remember a time when the whole stadium would groan when the ball went to Van Arnholt. I remembr  it being my unintentional natural reaction but it must have destroyed him.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-21, 8:24 am

For whatever reason the young man from the 'get go as my USA relatives might say was having 'a mare' an English ifopm which indicates he wanted to be anywhere else but on a football pitch running around and making a fool of himself

We had talked before the game how he was struggling in previous games.

What were Graysons alternative, well with hindsight he should not have played cos I imagine his confidence is shot now. The crowd did groan when he missed a tackle but to their credit gave him a big cheer when he did something right  (rarely)

Imho Grayson was wrong to pick him, then when it all went pear shaped he should have taken him off in the 1st half
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-21, 8:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:For whatever reason the young man from the 'get go as my USA relatives might say was having 'a mare' an English ifopm which indicates he wanted to be anywhere else but on a football pitch running around and making a fool of himself

We had talked before the game how he was struggling in previous games.

What were Graysons alternative, well with hindsight he should not have played cos I imagine his confidence is shot now. The crowd did groan when he missed a tackle but to their credit gave him a big cheer when he did something right  (rarely)

Imho Grayson was wrong to pick him, then when it all went pear shaped he should have taken him off in the 1st half
All good stuff Sunders but for me it highlights the problem.

Confidence shot, how does shouting you are shit help his confidence?
Grayson should not have played him, then why shout you are shit to player if its Graysons mistake?(not suggesting you did)

The point to me is if a player is picked and trying his best he should be encouraged not condemned.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-21, 10:29 am

To be fair to Galloway, people often only see what they want to see to confirm a negative (or positive) view. There were plenty of other below par performances on Saturday, but he is the scapegoat it seems Mad

On the plus side for example Galloway put in the cross for that chance Grabban had early on, when he slid in to the goal.

Catts and Kone both had chances to clear the ball before Leeds first goal.

Galloway wasn't even on and it was Matthews that was out of position (after making a forward run tryig to get us back in the game!) before the cross over to Dallas, who Billy Jones should have been aware of, for their second.

And I noticed the Kone does no 'captaining' of the defence. He plays his own game but does little of the pointing and shouting that JOS does for example. Thats what young defenders need, a bit of guidance and Kone is rubbish at that.

Anyway no more to add. Galloway did actually seem to hobble off when he was subbed (maybe had a calf or ankle injury all game?) so it may be a moot point about him playing next week anyway.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum