SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 17
Today at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 6:15 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» In plain English please
Today at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Today at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Today at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
Yesterday at 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
Yesterday at 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
Yesterday at 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 16
Yesterday at 1:34 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

catinexile, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Early day's but!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Early day's but!!!

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 am

Football can be a very cruel game for the long suffering fans of teams like Sunderland, in fact for the fans of any team.

The thing that makes football so cruel is expectation, when you expect to win the league you are in but finish second it's a killer likewise when you have just been relegated, sit without a manager for weeks then are rejected by the manager you wanted it hardly sets the pulse racing.

You then get a little excited, takeover talks are at an advanced stage, you know nothing about the potential new German owners but get excited because you do know they are not Short, then collapse.

In a panic you appoint the only manager who seems to want to come but give him a massive £1 mil transfer budget, I assume from the Pickford sale keeping the other £29 mil.

Your main assets in Pickford and Defoe are sold on and a group of loan players and cheap imports arrive.

Still we are Sunderland so we turn up excited to see our new boy's in action against a team from Scotland who we know wont take the game to seriously, they have bigger fish to fry, we lose 5-0.

I sat in my seat before the Derby game, enjoyed my chat with Lesmac, met Vince and hoped for some sign of a season without heartache and was pleasantly surprised. Three things stood out that were foreign to Sunderland fans, effort, hard work and enjoyment. Yes we only managed a draw but behind that draw was hope. 

The hope was tinged slightly at Bury where we seemed to make hard work of dispatching them still a win is a win we all said.

Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday followed and now I along with I suspect many others look forward to our next game, at home to Leeds.

Meanwhile I read that Steve Bruce has 3 games to save his job, a Villa side with a very experienced manager who has been given backing and who has spent big, I guess the Villa fans expectation was a lot higher than ours.

Yes it's early days and without doubt we will have our hard times before season end but after season after season of hoping and expecting another great escape I and I suspect you are just enjoying the good, positive feeling of hope and encouragement we are getting.

Often in life and in football fate intervenes and brings you agony and upset but occasionally fate brings you happiness and ecstasy.

Our unfancied manager and his rag tag and bobtail set of players have simply gelled and are working their socks off for each other. Maybe Larsson was a problem, O'Shea taking a back seat is a help, who knows.

What I do know is I will enjoy the good days we are having and not allow any future bad days to tarnish the good ones.

Right now I am enjoying the football and looking forward to the next game, been a while since we could say that.

KTF & FTM
ack ack ack ack ack
wank wank wank wank wank wank wank

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Early day's but!!!

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:47 am

Very small steps & a long long way to go BUT as you say "Right now I am enjoying the football and looking forward to the next game, been a while since we could say that."

Certainly the extra time on the ball has allowed our lot more time to locate a team mate to pass too & with that comes confidence going forward. Potentially exciting times ahead should the new grafters be allowed to do so.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:50 am

Rah, Tag and Bobtail. Watch with Mother Patrcia Driscoll?

Andy Pandy, The Wooden Tops and of course Obalob little weed.

Is this a suggestion that our illustrious football is akin to 50s children's TV
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 am

sunderpitt wrote:Rah, Tag and Bobtail. Watch with Mother Patrcia Driscoll?

Andy Pandy, The Wooden Tops and of course Obalob little weed.

Is this a suggestion that our illustrious football is akin to 50s children's TV
I did not mention Roddwell

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum