SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Well done Martin Bain
Today at 11:26 am by cyprussyd

» Must watch TV, IMO
Today at 10:18 am by cyprussyd

» Our latest smilie
Today at 10:02 am by cyprussyd

» The short term challenge
Today at 10:01 am by cyprussyd

» Will he or won't he
Today at 9:53 am by vinkel

» Coleman latest
Today at 9:41 am by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 13
Today at 7:43 am by oldblackcat

» Tony Pulis: West Brom sack head coach after Chelsea defeat
Yesterday at 10:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:10 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» When will it end
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SUNDERLAND V LEEDS- Matchday Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SUNDERLAND V LEEDS- Matchday Thread

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-18, 5:31 pm

I will be there and looking forward to the thrashing we are going to give them.

I expect about 32,500 ish but hoping for more.

PS, slight concern is the standard of referreeing in this league.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-19, 12:06 am

Burnley are set to sign 25-year-old Leeds striker Chris Wood in a £15m deal after their first offer was rejected.

Could be great news for our game

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-19, 8:31 am

cyprussyd wrote:Burnley are set to sign 25-year-old Leeds striker Chris Wood in a £15m deal after their first offer was rejected.

Could be great news for our game
Must admit it would be a bonus if he didnt play as his mind was elsewhere shall we say. He's a good player.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-19, 10:34 am

The rain has stopped but could well return but all in all it's looking like a fine day for a game of football.

I received my text from our branch leader Jim to inform us that the branch watering hole, the club, is open from 12 for that nerve setting drink or two before we catch the bus to Sunderland. The majority will get off at the bus stop opposite the wheatsheaf where they will have a few extra drinks to fortify them before kick off. I have said many times that win lose or draw there is always a great atmosphere on the bus home, most will enjoy a half time pint or two, can you see why the result is secondary?

Jim himself along with Linda, Mrs Jim always take their 3 grandchildren away for a week during the school holidays, this year they have rented a house in Scotland for two weeks and that's where Jim is, no football you think, not so. Jim is travelling back, leaving his car at home and will be in the club for 12, he will be back in the club after the game before walking home, passing out then rejoining his clan tomorrow.

My day is far less exciting, Tesco this morning to stock up on a few things and buy a card for Mrs S, it's her birthday on Tuesday. Back home and prepare tonight's late dinner before shower then off to catch the bus, no club for me.

I have no doubt that my day's activities are boring the life out of you but it's all part of filling my morning before a game I am looking forward to immensely. 

Of course I am hoping for 3 points but I am also very aware that the championship is a very strange league that can throw up any result at any time. In our games against Derby, Norwich and Sheffield Wednesday we would not have been shocked with any result, it's that tight a league and again today it could go either way. That not only adds to the excitement but for me it's fascinating to watch how the players and especially Grayson handles any given situation.

Today he has a big call before a ball is kicked, stick with Galloway who is improving and indeed has been part of a team that has yet to lose or bring in Oviedo. My guess is an unchanged team but with a changed bench.

Enjoy your days.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-19, 12:27 pm

@FromTStands 
Burnley have signed Leeds United striker Chris Wood for £15mil plus add-ons with his
medical being tomorrow. [Mirror]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-19, 12:51 pm

Now confirmed that CHRIS WOODS will not be involved today, a massive boost for us IMO

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-19, 8:09 pm

I have been chastised for not being positive, plus my dear old Mum would tell me if you cannot say anything nice do not say anything 

So as regards todays game I shall remain silent
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-19, 8:13 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I have been chastised for not being positive, plus my dear old Mum would tell me if you cannot say anything nice do not say anything 

Your silence is deafening Sunders  Laughing

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-19, 8:24 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I have been chastised for not being positive, plus my dear old Mum would tell me if you cannot say anything nice do not say anything 

Disappointing... but a learning curve for the team..
The occasional clean sheet would be very acceptable.

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-19, 8:27 pm

A win at home in 2017 would be very acceptable. My memory isnt great. Have we?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-19, 8:34 pm

gil t azell wrote:A win at home in 2017 would be very acceptable. My memory isnt great. Have we?
Not according to Sky commentary today. They said we last won at home in December 2016 Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-19, 9:15 pm

When I chastise you you ignore me but Mr Galloway had the nightmare of nightmares today.

We all knew we would not win them all and we all know we are a work in progress, it's how we respond and it's also who comes in and leaves over the next week and a bit.

We move on.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-19, 9:17 pm

Yes very much work in progress..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-19, 9:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-08-19, 10:07 pm

Big problem today as with all our previous managers since Reid, no plan b. Sad lack of quality in the squad probably to blame for that. We move on try to re jig with what we have hopefully and, maybe get a win next game.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-08-19, 10:13 pm

As Grayson said, you can't fault the players for effort, but that little bit of quality is need to supplement the hard work and effort. There were times when we looked good, especially the first 20 mins, but for some reason when things didn't go for us, we sat back and let them play and show off their undoubted quality.

Certainly not disillusioned, it will get better and still see a top half finish. We have played four teams that finished in or just outside the play-offs last year and have 5 points. We could have easily finished them on 0, before Grayson arrived.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-19, 10:24 pm

cyprussyd wrote:

When I chastise you you ignore me but Mr Galloway had the nightmare of nightmares today.

We all knew we would not win them all and we all know we are a work in progress, it's how we respond and it's also who comes in and leaves over the next week and a bit.

We move on.

Syd  you are far too soft for anybody to take seriously any telling off you give. However that brute that lives in North Northhumberland...

At times today our LB was so out of position as to be in a different county from the rest of the team.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-08-19, 10:56 pm

Depressing performance although there was some quality. Kone made one mistake for the first goal but was otherwise  rock solid. Don't know why Leeds kept trying to run past him - no chance. NDong  and Cattermole were very good. Mcgeady is class. Clearly all that isn't enough.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2017-08-20, 12:30 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

We move on.

Syd  you are far too soft for anybody to take seriously any telling off you give. However that brute that lives in North Northhumberland...

At times today our LB was so out of position as to be in a different county from the rest of the team.
Sunders, or should I say Brian, the brute from North Northumberland here. I agree with all you say and clearly feel about Mr Galloway. A transfer to another galaxy would seem to be in order, what do you think.

I look forward to the next live head to head.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-20, 8:44 am

lesmac wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

We move on.

Sunders, or should I say Brian, the brute from North Northumberland here. I agree with all you say and clearly feel about Mr Galloway. A transfer to another galaxy would seem to be in order, what do you think.

I look forward to the next live head to head.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 8:47 am

Mackemneil wrote:As Grayson said, you can't fault the players for effort, but that little bit of quality is need to supplement the hard work and effort. There were times when we looked good, especially the first 20 mins, but for some reason when things didn't go for us, we sat back and let them play and show off their undoubted quality.

Certainly not disillusioned, it will get better and still see a top half finish. We have played four teams that finished in or just outside the play-offs last year and have 5 points. We could have easily finished them on 0, before Grayson arrived.
Spot an again Neil.

It reassures me to read SunderMad comments about the game, of course we are all disappointed but at least we are also realistic unlike some comments I have read on social media.

Are we shit, no but neither are we world beaters. We all say give us effort and we will be happy and yesterday the players gave us effort, now we certainly need that little extra to finish the job. We are relying on McGready and Honeyman to provide that quality but can they do it every game, probably not. 
As for Galloway I felt for him yesterday, he tried his best but it became very obvious very early that his best was way off yesterday and he became the rabbit in the headlights, he needs taking out for his sake and ours and Oviedo seems a certainty to be brought back, 90 minutes against Carlisle will be a good opener.

But most missed yesterday's real entertainment, Les and Sunders head to head, fantastic.  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-20, 8:51 am

The game plan yesterday as far as I could discern it was a back four, 3 of whom were excellent and a keeper who was steady. 

Catts and N'Dong in front of the having our and they had a decent game
 Then Honeyman and Mcgready to operate on the wings and create for the middle two frontmen....that did not work.

We needed plan "B" it was not obvious.....we looked tired dispite fresh legs coming on...did we have a shot in the 2nd half...

A left back?, a striker McCormack and creative midfielder Snodgrass will do

Over to you Mr Short
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-20, 9:06 am

sunderpitt wrote:The game plan yesterday as far as I could discern it was a back four, 3 of whom were excellent and a keeper who was steady. 

Then Honeyman and Mcgready to operate on the wings and create for the middle two frontmen....that did not work.

We needed plan "B" it was not obvious.....we looked tired dispite fresh legs coming on...did we have a shot in the 2nd half...

Over to you Mr Short
The problem was our plan B was Khazri, he is all we have.

Snodgrass, McCormack Oviedo, Watmore and Macnair would make a big difference.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-20, 9:10 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:The game plan yesterday as far as I could discern it was a back four, 3 of whom were excellent and a keeper who was steady. 

Over to you Mr Short
The problem was our plan B was Khazri, he is all we have.

Snodgrass, McCormack Oviedo, Watmore and Macnair would make a big difference.

Khazri was ok..ish when he came I thought ,a couple of decent balls, one cross right along the 6 yard box.

As for the rest. Good heavens we agree gulp
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-20, 10:14 am

We had company last night so could not watch the whole match live.

What I did see of it I was very impressed with NDong ....  

He's growing in stature with every game....
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum