SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 3:31 pm by Hieronymus

» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

Hieronymus, Mackemneil

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Could be an hectic few weeks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Could be an hectic few weeks

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-15, 8:17 am

SIMON GRAYSON admits Sunderland will be vulnerable to losing some of their biggest names right up to the final hours of the transfer window, but insists he has plans in place to enable him to replace any departing stars quickly.
The Black Cats have already seen more than a dozen senior players leave since the end of the season, but further departures are anticipated before the transfer window closes in a little over a fortnight’s time.

Lamine Kone and Wahbi Khazri are the most likely players to leave, with Sunderland having rejected an £18m offer for the former from Everton 12 months ago, but Didier Ndong and Lee Cattermole are also understood to be the subject of mounting interest.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Could be an hectic few weeks

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-15, 9:16 am

cyprussyd wrote:SIMON GRAYSON admits Sunderland will be vulnerable to losing some of their biggest names right up to the final hours of the transfer window, but insists he has plans in place to enable him to replace any departing stars quickly.
The Black Cats have already seen more than a dozen senior players leave since the end of the season, but further departures are anticipated before the transfer window closes in a little over a fortnight’s time.

Lamine Kone and Wahbi Khazri are the most likely players to leave, with Sunderland having rejected an £18m offer for the former from Everton 12 months ago, but Didier Ndong and Lee Cattermole are also understood to be the subject of mounting interest.
NOOOOO! Kone and Khazri fine, but not Catts and Ndong, not when we are just seeing the fruits of them working together so well Evil or Very Mad

In fact I hope they all stay and I would have confidence of a much better season than any of us expected just a few weeks ago. Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-15, 9:55 am

Yes Catts and NDong was not expected. Khazri I can understand because he is again down in the pecking order. Kone has been expected and him staying would be a bonus.

Sadly the names we all would like to see go are never mentioned.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-08-15, 10:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:Yes Catts and NDong was not expected. Khazri I can understand because he is again down in the pecking order. Kone has been expected and him staying would be a bonus.

Sadly the names we all would like to see go are never mentioned.

Do we know who's sniffing? Can't see either of them wanting to go to another Championship side and I can't see any Prem teams coming in for Catts. Even I hope Catts stays now as it seems to be working out. Looking forward to seeing both of them on Saturday. Don't worry though, I'll soon be on his back if he starts to fail! I'll be glad when the window shuts - it's ridiculous it being still open when the season has started, (but that's another point and one the Premier League is looking at).

With Kone, I just hope if a move fails to materialise that he'll lose interest again. Would be great if he stays and carries on with his current form though.
Still rate Khazri but we've got good players in so not a massive loss if he goes.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-15, 10:52 am

Surely we can afford to keep n'dong and cattermole? With the parachute payment and the money already generated from Pickford. Another case of the greed and proves he doesn't really care about returning to the premiership.  Just when for a long time there is a small chink of Light.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-08-15, 10:56 am

Roker roar wrote:Surely we can afford to keep n'dong and cattermole? With the parachute payment and the money already generated from Pickford. Another case of the greed and proves he doesn't really care about returning to the premiership.  Just when for a long time there is a small chink of Light.

I don't get the maths at all.
Debt = £110m
We got £100m for finishing last in the prem
We got £45m parachute payment.
= debt payed off with some to spare even without the sales.
Far too simplistic no doubt.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-15, 11:39 am

Kipper wrote:
Roker roar wrote:Surely we can afford to keep n'dong and cattermole? With the parachute payment and the money already generated from Pickford. Another case of the greed and proves he doesn't really care about returning to the premiership.  Just when for a long time there is a small chink of Light.

Debt = £110m
you are not alone

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-15, 12:20 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Debt = £110m
you are not alone
We won't get any parachute payment until end of this season i.e. May 2018. But we did indeed get £100m for finishing bottom of the PL.

I understand our wage bill last season was around £84m which was among the 10 highest in the premier league Shocked

Wages will be less this season due to relegation clauses that reduced by 40% the wages of existing players, but we know Rodwell on £60k a week, didn't have that clause in his contract, and I am sure Kone negotiated something better too since it took so long to get him to actually sign for us. Those are the players we need to sell to reduce our wage bill closer to sustainable Championship levels.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum