SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
2017-12-15, 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SAFSEE Commentary

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SAFSEE Commentary

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-13, 1:00 pm

Its now £45 a season to listen to commentary on SAFSEE or free if you can get Radio Newcastle. Hmmmm tricky one that Laughing

The website says "In order to comply with the EFL’s new digital rights agreement, which governs usage of video and audio on club websites, a new subscription package must be introduced to cover live audio commentary of all senior Sunderland AFC games during the 2017-18 Sky Bet Championship season."

Disgraceful really, just ripping off supporters in more ways every season.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: SAFSEE Commentary

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-13, 1:58 pm

Have just seen that.. What a Face
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 4:11 pm

Yep cant listen or see highlights without paying £45 PA

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-13, 9:22 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Its now £45 a season to listen to commentary on SAFSEE or free if you can get Radio Newcastle. Hmmmm tricky one that Laughing

The website says "In order to comply with the EFL’s new digital rights agreement, which governs usage of video and audio on club websites, a new subscription package must be introduced to cover live audio commentary of all senior Sunderland AFC games during the 2017-18 Sky Bet Championship season."

Yes, quite agree.
Just another rip off money making scam.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-14, 12:03 am

Hieronymus wrote:Its now £45 a season to listen to commentary on SAFSEE or free if you can get Radio Newcastle. Hmmmm tricky one that Laughing

Another master stroke from him that shouldn't be named. You think with the money he banked from safctv he would of been happy.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-08-14, 8:03 am

Roker Roar if by him who shouldn't be named you mean Short it isn't him who is making this charge it is the Football League. If SAFC didn't charge this £45 to subscribers they would not be allowed to broadcast the match or show video highlights after the game.
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-14, 8:11 am

RR I find it very sad that on a weekend when we win away you only comment is accusing Short of pocketing more money.

You need to stop letting your hatred of Short spoiling your love of your team, life will be a lot better if you do.

Just my opinion.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-14, 8:19 am

..and RR has his.
Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-14, 8:23 am

silvers wrote:..and RR has his.
Very Happy
Don't think anyone is saying he hasn't.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-08-14, 9:03 am

Lever Malone wrote:Roker Roar if by him who shouldn't be named you mean Short it isn't him who is making this charge it is the Football League. If SAFC didn't charge this £45 to subscribers they would not be allowed to broadcast the match or show video highlights after the game.

Further to that the 45 is the lowest they can legally charge under the EFL's rules.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2017-08-14, 9:49 am

silvers wrote:..and RR has his.
Very Happy
Of course RR is entitled to his opinion........but in this case unfortunately it is fiction.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-14, 10:21 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
Lever Malone wrote:Roker Roar if by him who shouldn't be named you mean Short it isn't him who is making this charge it is the Football League. If SAFC didn't charge this £45 to subscribers they would not be allowed to broadcast the match or show video highlights after the game.

Further to that the 45 is the lowest they can legally charge under the EFL's rules.
well that settles it

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-14, 11:51 am

The SAFC website says the following:

Why are you charging fans to access commentary? It was free last season!

As a Sky Bet Championship club, the club has had to sign the EFL’s new Digital Rights Agreement in order to gain the rights to broadcast commentary on our website. This mandates that a minimum fee of £45 per season (can be reduced pro-rata for part-season subscriptions) or £4.50 per month has to be charged for audio commentary. Otherwise, the club is not allowed to broadcast audio commentary at all.

Seems clear enough. "Not our fault! EFL rules say we have to do it this way."  But I am not sure that is the whole story.

Why did our club (one of only a few in the EFL) not agree to sign up to iFollow, so overseas supporters could get live streams of our matches for £110 a year  (a huge cost I know). Even so, this service would not be available to UK and Ireland subscribers, who instead could subscribe to audio commentary for £45 a season plus various highlights etc, same as we are being asked to pay for this SAFSEE PASS, provided by Stream AMG?

Did SAFC go for this option because STREAM AMG agreed to pay SAFC a higher percentage of the takings than iFollow were offering perhaps? Or is Stream AMG offering better add-ons?

I don't know, but I do think the EFL have got this wrong, and that SAFC have missed a trick by not making it possible to stream games to overseas supporters (some might pay it after all!) but it all stinks of squeezing more and more money out of fans, which I think is disgraceful Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-14, 12:23 pm

Well despite the posts I have just tried to watch the full 90 mins and it's SAFC Pass members only, £4.50 a month

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-14, 1:04 pm

Just use radio Newcastle - that's free.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-14, 1:16 pm

Billy D wrote:Just use radio Newcastle - that's free.
Only if you live in the area though, people like Mackemneil and barrow, and all the international guys cannot get it. So this new thing is just a way to try and get more money out of folks, whether it is the club or the EFL, it is not supporters that benefit Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-14, 1:24 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Only if you live in the area though, people like Mackemneil and barrow, and all the international guys cannot get it. So this new thing is just a way to try and get more money out of folks, whether it is the club or the EFL, it is not supporters that benefit Mad
Yes, quite.
I'd never thought of that. Talksport 2 had it on on Saturday.
Doubt there'll be many on stream either this season, they only interested in the PL.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-14, 1:29 pm

Billy D wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Yes, quite.
I'd never thought of that. Talksport 2 had it on on Saturday.
Doubt there'll be many on stream either this season, they only interested in the PL.
No streams to be found on Sunday.
Mind if I lived outside the area and especially if I did not get to games I would gladly pay £4.50 a month, cheaper than a season ticket or going to games.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum