SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 7:12 am by cretanmakem

» I had a dream
Today at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Déjà vu
Yesterday at 9:29 pm by Nostalgic

» Welcome to Norwich!
Yesterday at 8:06 pm by Silvers

» 4.50 Saturday and then
Yesterday at 5:11 pm by sunderpitt

» Grayson out
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Grayson says centre-backs and strikers a key priority.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Grayson says centre-backs and strikers a key priority.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-11, 6:29 pm

Sunderland boss admits outgoings crucial with deals set to be done late in window
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Grayson is relaxed despite Sunderland's business slowing down

PHIL SMITH

[email=philip.smith@jpress.co.uk][size=20]Email[/email]

Published: 17:28Friday 11 August 2017[/size]

Simon Grayson is relaxed about Sunderland's slow progress in the transfer market, and says he expects business to go right down to the wire.

The Black Cats boss wants to bring in number of players before the window shuts, with centre-backs and strikers a key priority.

He has also been linked with moves for central midfielders Grant Leadbitter and Yassine Ayoub, currently at FC Utrecht.

There have been so significant developments since the arrival of Robbin Ruiter, however, and that could remain the case for a while yet.

Grayson said: "At this stage of the season every manager at every club is looking to get their business done, but it is not simple.
"I think in this window, at our club and at a lot of clubs, a lot of deals will go right down to the last few days.
"We're all waiting for this knock-on effect from the Premier League.
"As I've said many times, there's plenty of work going on behind the scenes," he added.

"We've done a lot of our work early bringing in six or seven players, which is something that was required given the number of players who had left.
"We'd have liked to have brought in one or two more, but as that hasn't happened it has given opportunities to one or two of the younger lads to come into the team and you've seen them thrive.
"We're not going to bring players in just for the sake of it.
"We'll have two players back with us after the international weekend in Duncan and Paddy, which will be a massive boost for us."

While it is not quite one in, one out, Grayson admitted that outgoings will have a significant impact on what he can then bring into the club.
Sunderland have offloaded a number of players this summer but the likes of Lamine Kone continue to be linked with a move away.
Grayson said: "I've got a good relationship with Martin [Bain], and it's really a case of seeing what happens with getting players out.
"It's going to be a case of when a player leaves, we will replace them.
"There might still be scope to bring in players without that happening, too .But it's one of those situations where you are waiting for other clubs to do certain business and then, if it's the right deal for us and we're given the green light by the club we're talking to, then we can go ahead.

"If somebody goes out for a large amount of money, it might allow you to bring in two off the back of one going out. it's all relative to the wages, I've still got two loans, so there are plenty of options for us. We don't need to do it at this moment at time because of what we've got, it has got to be the right time for any player."

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Grayson says centre-backs and strikers a key priority.

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-11, 7:12 pm

Well he is saying what we all know i.e. one out - one or more in, CB and Striker needed. Just need some action I guess. But it sounds like things are going on behind scenes and that is probably all we can expect. I am certainly happy enough with Grayson and the attitude of the players so far.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-11, 7:16 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Well he is saying what we all know i.e. one out - one or more in, CB and Striker needed. Just need some action I guess. But it sounds like things are going on behind scenes and that is probably all we can expect. I am certainly happy enough with Grayson and the attitude of the players so far.
Looks like Khazri, Kone or both out will trigger players in

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-11, 8:03 pm

Danny Graham to return.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-11, 9:43 pm

gil t azell wrote:Danny Graham to return.

Tinker
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-11, 10:07 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Danny Graham to return.

Tinker
Simons wish list

Danny Graham
Jack Coleback
Grant Leadbitter
Stephen Fletcher
"JozyAltidore

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-12, 11:28 am

Grayson has done his CV no harm at all...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-08-12, 10:01 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Well he is saying what we all know i.e. one out - one or more in, CB and Striker needed. Just need some action I guess. But it sounds like things are going on behind scenes and that is probably all we can expect. I am certainly happy enough with Grayson and the attitude of the players so far.
I don't think they are necessarily the only ones, it's as much about wages as transfer fees. I would love to see Rodders and Djilibodji go before those two, both very poor in U23s yesterday
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 8:53 am

Mackemneil wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
I don't think they are necessarily the only ones, it's as much about wages as transfer fees. I would love to see Rodders and Djilibodji go before those two, both very poor in U23s yesterday
Stop getting everyone excited with your talk of Rodders and Dili, mind Dili makes Rodders look a terrific player.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum