SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 11:54 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Billy D

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland: Cup progress pleases Simon Grayson who says he's not spoken to Boro about 'Sunderland boy' Grant Leadbitter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland: Cup progress pleases Simon Grayson who says he's not spoken to Boro about 'Sunderland boy' Grant Leadbitter

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-11, 11:51 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SIMON GRAYSON watched Sunderland progress in the Carabao Cup last night before insisting he has not spoken to Middlesbrough about taking former Sunderland midfielder Grant Leadbitter back to the Stadium of Light.
But the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] boss, whose side will face Carlisle United in the second round after beating Bury 1-0, did not rule out a move for Leadbitter.
The 31-year-old only has one year remaining on his contract at the Riverside, where Middlesbrough are keen to keep hold of him because of his Championship experience and quality.
But Grayson is weighing up ways to bolster his own squad and Leadbitter, a graduate of the Sunderland academy system who was part of the promotion party ten years ago, is known to be on his list of potential targets.
The Sunderland manager is also known to be keen on Aston Villa striker Ross McCormack, Preston’s Jordan Hugill and he is keeping an eye on defensive options too.
Asked about transfers at Gigg Lane, Grayson said: “No updates. There’s a lot going on behind the scenes. I am trying to focus on the games. Nothing new to report other than players wanting to come and us trying to sign them.”
Asked about Leadbitter, he added: “He (Grant) is part of a group of players being linked with us all the time. At this time I have not spoken to Garry (Monk). He is a Sunderland boy who has been at the club before but he is just one of a number of names we are being linked with all of the time.”
Grayson was a satisfied figure as he chatted on the touchline at Gigg Lane, where George Honeyman’s first senior goal in the 69th minute separated the two teams.
That has set up a trip to Carlisle United in the second round. He said: “Carlisle away, not far away. It’s probably classed as a local derby, not a bad draw for both teams and should be a good game.”
Sunderland controlled last night’s game at Bury without scoring until Honeyman’s intervention. Darron Gibson impressed in the centre of midfield and it was his first appearance since his argument with fans at Ramside Hall ten days ago.
Grayson said: “I was pleased with Darron in the midfield area, Didier Ndong too. He answered a few questions as well, maybe a few will have wondered why he was in the team and I thought he put on a performance.”
He added: “We knew it was going to be a tough place to come, We need to get that winning mentality going and we showed a real good attitude to this game. We defended well when we needed to defend.
“George scored a good goal, it started outside the dug-out, followed his pass, good play to spot him from Didier and then he applied a great finish. Delighted for him to see it hit the net.
“It is important we get back to back wins as soon as we can. We could have done with leaving a couple more out, we left a couple at home. But supporters go home happy and they have seen a good performance and they will now get prepared for three more games in seven days.”
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland: Cup progress pleases Simon Grayson who says he's not spoken to Boro about 'Sunderland boy' Grant Leadbitter

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-11, 11:58 am

A win is a win is a win.

Now on to Norwich and don't lose and the confidence and battling mentality will grow.

On the face of it we have fallen a long way but maybe the climb back has started and watching battling sides going for a win is a pleasant change.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland: Cup progress pleases Simon Grayson who says he's not spoken to Boro about 'Sunderland boy' Grant Leadbitter

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-08-11, 12:17 pm

Honeyman took his goal very well.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-11, 12:24 pm

barrowmackem wrote:Honeyman took his goal very well.
like like like like like like like like like like

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Riddle on 2017-08-11, 12:38 pm

cyprussyd wrote:A win is a win is a win.

Now on to Norwich and don't lose and the confidence and battling mentality will grow.

On the face of it we have fallen a long way but maybe the climb back has started and watching battling sides going for a win is a pleasant change.
Agreed.  I was there and saw a spirit in the side thats been missing for some time. Gibson made my piss boil with his earlier comments but I'm going to give him a chance after his performance.  I was sort of proud to be Sunderland supporter again and as long as they keep putting a shift in I'll be happy.  This is my first post on the Board lads so I hope I haven't cocked it up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Riddle on 2017-08-11, 12:39 pm

Agreed.  I was there and saw a spirit in the side thats been missing for some time. Gibson made my piss boil with his earlier comments but I'm going to give him a chance after his performance.  I was sort of proud to be Sunderland supporter again and as long as they keep putting a shift in I'll be happy.  This is my first post on the Board lads so I hope I haven't cocked it up.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-11, 1:08 pm

Jimmy Riddle wrote:

Welcome to SunderMad, small quiet but we like it and hope you do

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Riddle on 2017-08-11, 1:35 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:

Welcome to SunderMad, small quiet but we like it and hope you do
Thank you.
Jimmy Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-08-11, 2:12 pm

welcome Jimmy hope you like the forum.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Riddle on 2017-08-11, 2:18 pm

barrowmackem wrote:welcome Jimmy hope you like the forum.
Thank you.
Jimmy Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-11, 6:06 pm

Jimmy Riddle wrote:

Welcome Jimmy Riddle. Always great to see new posters joining in with our nice friendly little forum.

And yes I agree last night there was a decent spirit and maybe the whole Gibson thing got some stuff out in the open that needed to be said. Sometimes that works really well and so far so good.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Riddle on 2017-08-11, 6:16 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:

Welcome Jimmy Riddle. Always great to see new posters joining in with our nice friendly little forum.

And yes I agree last night there was a decent spirit and maybe the whole Gibson thing got some stuff out in the open that needed to be said. Sometimes that works really well and so far so good.

Thank you.
Jimmy Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum