SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

Nostalgic, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Norwich v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Norwich v Sunderland--Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 12:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 12:55 pm

join us on chatbox, top of homepage
just click on login and chat away

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 3:25 pm

Well done, good play and a 3-1 win.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-13, 3:29 pm

Even Gary Bennett is happy and feeling positive.

Well done lads, cannot ask for more Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Lever Malone on 2017-08-13, 3:32 pm

Gary Bennett says we have to keep a clean sheet and immediately Norwich get a goal. Keep your mouth shut Gary!!!
Lever Malone
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-13, 3:37 pm

A win....brilliant
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-13, 3:38 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Even Gary Bennett is happy and feeling positive.

Well done lads, cannot ask for more Very Happy

Eggs Act Lee

Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 6:42 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-13, 6:57 pm

Match report and interviews from BBC Sport.

That picture sums up the lads for me. Pure joy and delight and a sense of team spirit on all their faces. Today will do a lot to give them (and us!) confidence for the long season ahead. Very happy tonight Very Happy

SUN, 13 Aug 2017  Championship
Norwich 1 - 3 Sunderland

Lewis Grabban (centre) spent 18 months as a Norwich player before leaving for Bournemouth in January 2016

Lewis Grabban scored twice for Sunderland and also netted an own goal as the Black Cats beat Norwich for their first league win of the season. Grabban, a former Norwich striker, latched on to James Vaughan's flick-on to open the scoring before half-time.
Aiden McGeady added a superb second from 20 yards and crossed for Grabban to nod in his second at the far post.
Grabban poked into his own net after Sunderland failed to clear a set-piece, while Norwich also hit a post late on.
Captain Russell Martin struck the woodwork as Norwich sought a second goal that would have set up a dramatic finish, but the Canaries fell to their first defeat under new boss Daniel Farke.
Simon Grayson's Sunderland, meanwhile, have taken four points from their two league games since being relegated from the Premier League last season.
Summer signing Grabban, on a season's loan from Bournemouth, scored on his Sunderland debut as they drew their opening Championship match 1-1 at home to Derby, and was on form at Carrow Road.
Norwich dominated possession for much of the contest but Sunderland's clinical finishing proved the difference between the sides.

Norwich boss Daniel Farke: "I thought it was a really good performance - we had 75% of possession in the first half, just over 70% in the second, it was 13-1 in corners and we had a lot more chances than them.
"But in this game it doesn't matter about your philosophy or your performance, it is about the results and it is down to the small things that we lost this game.
"It is very frustrating but the fact that we dominated a game against a side who have only just come down from the Premier League is a good sign."

Sunderland manager Simon Grayson: "This is a tough place to come to and we knew they would be putting us under pressure in their first home game of the season, but I thought the lads stuck to the game plan really well.
"It's a great win and it has been a strongish start for us - but that's all it is, a good start, and no-one is getting carried away.
"What has happened here is in the past - it's all about what happens in the future now and what I will say is that I have got a good, hard-working group here - it's a working class city and that's what the people demand."

Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 6:58 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 7:01 pm

Hieronymus wrote:Match report and interviews from BBC Sport.

That picture sums up the lads for me. Pure joy and delight and a sense of team spirit on all their faces. Today will do a lot to give them (and us!) confidence for the long season ahead. Very happy tonight Very Happy

SUN, 13 Aug 2017  Championship
Norwich 1 - 3 Sunderland

Lewis Grabban (centre) spent 18 months as a Norwich player before leaving for Bournemouth in January 2016

Lewis Grabban scored twice for Sunderland and also netted an own goal as the Black Cats beat Norwich for their first league win of the season. Grabban, a former Norwich striker, latched on to James Vaughan's flick-on to open the scoring before half-time.
Aiden McGeady added a superb second from 20 yards and crossed for Grabban to nod in his second at the far post.
Grabban poked into his own net after Sunderland failed to clear a set-piece, while Norwich also hit a post late on.
Captain Russell Martin struck the woodwork as Norwich sought a second goal that would have set up a dramatic finish, but the Canaries fell to their first defeat under new boss Daniel Farke.
Simon Grayson's Sunderland, meanwhile, have taken four points from their two league games since being relegated from the Premier League last season.
Summer signing Grabban, on a season's loan from Bournemouth, scored on his Sunderland debut as they drew their opening Championship match 1-1 at home to Derby, and was on form at Carrow Road.
Norwich dominated possession for much of the contest but Sunderland's clinical finishing proved the difference between the sides.

Norwich boss Daniel Farke: "I thought it was a really good performance - we had 75% of possession in the first half, just over 70% in the second, it was 13-1 in corners and we had a lot more chances than them.
"But in this game it doesn't matter about your philosophy or your performance, it is about the results and it is down to the small things that we lost this game.
"It is very frustrating but the fact that we dominated a game against a side who have only just come down from the Premier League is a good sign."

Sunderland manager Simon Grayson: "This is a tough place to come to and we knew they would be putting us under pressure in their first home game of the season, but I thought the lads stuck to the game plan really well.
"It's a great win and it has been a strongish start for us - but that's all it is, a good start, and no-one is getting carried away.
"What has happened here is in the past - it's all about what happens in the future now and what I will say is that I have got a good, hard-working group here - it's a working class city and that's what the people demand."

he understands

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-08-13, 8:46 pm

That was a great result..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-13, 9:55 pm

Simon Grayson hailed the attitude and understanding displayed by his players following Sunderland's 3-1 win over Norwich City.
The Black Cats executed their game plan to perfection, absorbing the early pressure mounted by the Canaries before exploding into action on the counter attack to provide a knockout blow.
Lewis Grabban struck first as James Vaughan' s towering flick on sent the strike through in goal, and what followed was a moment of pure class as Aiden Mcgeady slammed the ball home to make it 2-0.
Grabban added a third with a thumping header soon after as Mcgeady registered an assist, with a late Norwich goal too little too late for the hosts.
"We always knew it was going to be a tough game because they have some very good players, so you have to give credit to our players for carrying out the instructions we've laid out in the last 48 hours.
"We knew they would have possession due to playing three at the back but we were happy for them to have it in certain areas, and ultimately we knew we would get opportunities on the counter attack."
He continued: "To go 3-0 up was a good situation and despite the goal it was a very pleasing afternoon for everyone.
"Vaughany does [deserve immense credit] because he puts in an incredible shift.
"They [Vaughan and Grabban] also get back and help the team with the work ethic they've both got.
"We've always said that we have players who can hurt the opposition and you've seen that today with two great goals.
"Overall it was a pleasing afternoon."

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-13, 10:17 pm

Yes it seems 'journeymen' players with a decent work ethic is the way forward.

Certainly Grayson seems to understand what the fans want to see - hard work, team spirit and pride in wearing the Sunderland shirt.

So far he seems to be getting that from the players and it all bodes well for a good season ahead Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Riddle on 2017-08-14, 9:01 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:Me and my lad (I say "lad", the buggers 46 yrs old Laughing ) will be going tomorrow.  Not too far for us from Nottingham.  Looking forward to it.
I feel a match report coming on

Got back home about 7PM yesterday with a big smile on my face which I didn't have for the first half an hour of the match.  Norwich had us all over the place and to be fair they dominated the game for a canny bit of the 90 Mins.

The fact hat we worked our socks off won us the game and our away supporters really appreciated it.  Had to laugh when our supporters started singing "How shit you must be, we're winning away".  Funny as f*ck!

We've got some real grafters in the team.  Grabban took his goals well and was unlucky with the OG.  McGeady is a steal at the reported £250K price and his goal was a screamer!  Too early to start predicting anything yet but I am prouder today than I ever was last season.

yipeee
Jimmy Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2017-08-14, 9:57 am

Jimmy Riddle wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:Me and my lad (I say "lad", the buggers 46 yrs old Laughing ) will be going tomorrow.  Not too far for us from Nottingham.  Looking forward to it.

Got back home about 7PM yesterday with a big smile on my face which I didn't have for the first half an hour of the match.  Norwich had us all over the place and to be fair they dominated the game for a canny bit of the 90 Mins.

The fact hat we worked our socks off won us the game and our away supporters really appreciated it.  Had to laugh when our supporters started singing "How shit you must be, we're winning away".  Funny as f*ck!

We've got some real grafters in the team.  Grabban took his goals well and was unlucky with the OG.  McGeady is a steal at the reported £250K price and his goal was a screamer!  Too early to start predicting anything yet but I am prouder today than I ever was last season.

yipeee
Thanks for the report Jimmy and welcome to SunderMad.  It was great to read that we have a TEAM that are prepared to work their socks off for 90 minutes and get a result, unlike the overpaid majority of last season's team.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-14, 10:20 am

lesmac wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

yipeee
Thanks for the report Jimmy and welcome to SunderMad.  It was great to read that we have a TEAM that are prepared to work their socks off for 90 minutes and get a result, unlike the overpaid majority of last season's team.
I dont want this getting out but I agree with both of you

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jimmy Riddle on 2017-08-14, 11:38 am

lesmac wrote:
Jimmy Riddle wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:

yipeee
Thanks for the welcome Lesmac.  Can't wait for the "Lads" to play Forest down here.  Mind, there are a canny few Sunderland supporters down here (Cotgrave area - ex pitmen) so we can do a decent job of keeping them quiet.
Jimmy Riddle

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-14, 11:55 am

Great match report and it was brilliant hearing the Sundrland fans singing their hearts out in the background to the radio commentary. Long may this feeling of wellbeing continue! Very Happy

My brother in law is a Forest fan so we are looking froward to those games very much! tongue
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum