SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 11:54 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Are we being unfair on Short?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Are we being unfair on Short?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-09, 6:57 pm

I can feel the keyboards being hit, and that's just for asking the question, but are we being unfair.

We complain about his lack of investment and mismanagement. We ask why does he not dip into his undoubted wealth?

But we ask these questions because we are fans and talk about our club from our hearts.

Short is an American businessman and despite him saying he cares he will always look at our club with a cool business head, should that surprise us?

He loaned us a fortune and he get's a very good return, surely that's what good businessmen do.

Unquestionably he has mismanaged the club and admits to making mistakes but I doubt if his bank balance will be affected and, if you worked for or were a senior manager or director of his business and he said," I am loaning Sunderland 68 mil but I am not charging interest", how pleased would you be.

I'm right, you know I am so go on just write spot on, off you go.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Are we being unfair on Short?

Post  vinkel on 2017-08-09, 7:57 pm

No,no,no,no. Short owns the club. You dont loan money to your own club you invest in it. The sooner he goes the better.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-09, 8:40 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wot he sys.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-09, 8:52 pm

gil t azell wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ wot he sys.
Ditto.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-08-09, 8:58 pm

Not a black and white situation. For me he has been looking for success from the outset and has financially  backed managers over time without any return. The biggest drain on our finances are players wages and contracts, especially letting them have to go at a loss at the twelve month point or giving them a better contract or a free.  Defoe apart,all of us would be pushed to name another player from whom we got value,  

The backroom situations that have occurred over that time are not down to him either. I got the feeling years ago that he would be the fall guy for any failure and people are jumping on a band wagon as being Chairman he is ultimately responsible for the who lot. Ashley sorted NUFC finances and is in the same boat.

I sit in the camp of Short supporters as I feel that he is just like us who must have sat and looked at the games thinking why on earth did we pay that much for him.  The man gave others his money and they spent it.

It is the way football has become.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-09, 9:06 pm

vinkel wrote:No,no,no,no. Short owns the club. You dont loan money to your own club you invest in it. The sooner he goes the better.
This..... The end.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-09, 9:38 pm

Toon and Mike Ashley ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The club still owe their owner £129m “in the form of interest-free loans[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and companies under his control”, to use Newcastle’s wording.
Unquote

INTEREST - FREE are the magic words...

Cool
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-08-10, 1:05 am

Good grief, some on here are to long retired........If you wanted to borrow money & the bank would lend it to you, why would you borrow it from a private equity company at a higher rate  scratch

Ps. The best news for businesses in the UK this year was the announcement of a  delay to the publishing of draft legislation on the reform of the Corporation Tax loss relief rules.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-10, 8:19 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Good grief, some on here are to long retired........If you wanted to borrow money & the bank would lend it to you, why would you borrow it from a private equity company at a higher rate  scratch

Ps. The best news for businesses in the UK this year was the announcement of a  delay to the publishing of draft legislation on the reform of the Corporation Tax loss relief rules.
Or maybe some on here are trying hard to stimulate debate to keep the forum going, it's what some on here do.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-08-10, 8:52 am

It makes you wonder if you own that private equity firm and then charge a higher rate of interest the said individuals who own that company make more money, I wonder who that is
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-08-10, 9:11 am

he undoubtedly dipped into his pockets over the years the problem is the mismanagement and this has killed our club.
Having wads of money without the structure in place to spend it wisely is a recipe for disaster. He needs to go and until he does i dont expect our fortunes to improve massively.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-08-10, 8:39 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Good grief, some on here are to long retired........If you wanted to borrow money & the bank would lend it to you, why would you borrow it from a private equity company at a higher rate  scratch

Or maybe some on here are trying hard to stimulate debate to keep the forum going, it's what some on here do.
All cool Syd.

Just as you've been a victim of fraud so have others hence my disdain when people know it happens but don't speak out.
Slightly OT but Corporations are the worst, even if it allows them to offer employment to everyday folk.
Lets hope there are some honest journalists left whom can take the time to research & publish their finds.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-08-11, 5:58 am

Don't think we are to be honest, I see the ubiquitous financial sheet has appeared during the week as we on here and others on other forums once again question Shorts investment, someone at SAFC obviously reads these.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum