SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» 4.50 Saturday and then
Today at 4:29 pm by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Today at 4:18 pm by Hieronymus

» Déjà vu
Today at 3:48 pm by cyprussyd

» I had a dream
Today at 3:12 pm by Hieronymus

» Grayson out
Today at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:25 am by Silvers

» Mr H will be delighted
Today at 9:57 am by Hieronymus

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

The reason we are fecked

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The reason we are fecked

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-09, 12:23 pm

Just look at the profits made, not many

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The reason we are fecked

Post  Argus on 2017-08-09, 2:38 pm

Apart from the horrendous losses on players, just think of the wages we have also been paying for often mediocre players,  some of whom have long left the club!!

No wonder the kitty is empty.

Given the facts and our awful track record, is it any wonder that Short is hesitant about lavishing more on players?

If it was my money I would probably keep most of it in my pocket until I find a manager who shares my values.

Perhaps Grayson is that man?

He certainly gives me the impression that he doesn't see the cheque book approach as the only way to succeed.

I hope I'm right.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-09, 3:18 pm

I have no doubt that Short has and is a disaster for the club but how much is him being tight and how much is him being incompetent at running a football club is open for debate.

It's a debate I have little time for because like it or not he is the clubs owner and again like it or not anything we do will make little or no difference.

For a few seasons I have read in the press and on forums and social media how we need to eject the dead wood and cort the finances out and start again and that's exactly what Grayson is doing.

Sunders and others call for investment in quality players if we are to have a successful season, well what is success?

Big money buys WILL NOT happen, we have no cash but we do have a very big debt. A big chunk of that debt is to Short, will he help us by writing it off, no.

Success for me this season will be night's like Friday, an enjoyable game and  all out commitment ending with a top half finish.

Promotion with our finances and owner would, IMO lead us to more disappointment.

So we are where we are and I will go to games or watch away games, support the best I can and enjoy more Friday nights, I hope.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-08-09, 3:43 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I have no doubt that Short has and is a disaster for the club but how much is him being tight and how much is him being incompetent at running a football club is open for debate.

It's a debate I have little time for because like it or not he is the clubs owner and again like it or not anything we do will make little or no difference.

For a few seasons I have read in the press and on forums and social media how we need to eject the dead wood and cort the finances out and start again and that's exactly what Grayson is doing.

Sunders and others call for investment in quality players if we are to have a successful season, well what is success?

Big money buys WILL NOT happen, we have no cash but we do have a very big debt. A big chunk of that debt is to Short, will he help us by writing it off, no.

Success for me this season will be night's like Friday, an enjoyable game and  all out commitment ending with a top half finish.

Promotion with our finances and owner would, IMO lead us to more disappointment.

So we are where we are and I will go to games or watch away games, support the best I can and enjoy more Friday nights, I hope.
Promotion for me is the main aim,however I do not want promotion with huge debts,and the same cycle of events happening over and over again.
So until we are on a stronger financial footing and more youth coming through,I am happy consolidating in the championship until we are once happy on and off the terraces
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-08-09, 6:25 pm

Don't understand how we lost money on 

Assamoh Ghan
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-09, 6:36 pm

They say you have to speculate to accumulate, that in my humble opinion means having a team capable of scoring  and stopping goals. 

Short has a large personal loan outstanding with the club on which he is earning a handsome rate of interest. We have another loan with the bank.

If Short has the club's best interest at heart he should use any cash from sales or parachute payments to pay off the bank loan. Then as he is a very rich man he could also write off his personal loan. 

We will then be able to spend a little say on 2 or 3 quality  players which should guarantee at least mid table and at best a shot at promotion.

If Short wants to move on this is his best chance of selling the club for a good price
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-09, 7:01 pm

sunderpitt wrote:They say you have to speculate to accumulate, that in my humble opinion means having a team capable of scoring  and stopping goals. 

Short has a large personal loan outstanding with the club on which he is earning a handsome rate of interest. We have another loan with the bank.

If Short has the club's best interest at heart he should use any cash from sales or parachute payments to pay off the bank loan. Then as he is a very rich man he could also write off his personal loan. 

We will then be able to spend a little say on 2 or 3 quality  players which should guarantee at least mid table and at best a shot at promotion.

If Short wants to move on this is his best chance of selling the club for a good price
I agree with you. Short is worth billions so £130m debt or whatever it is is peanuts to him. Such a loss in his personal accounts would be used to offset tax owed anyway - hah if he pays any! Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum