SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 7:12 am by cretanmakem

» I had a dream
Today at 6:46 am by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Yesterday at 10:14 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Nostalgic

» Quiz 69
Yesterday at 9:32 pm by Nostalgic

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Déjà vu
Yesterday at 9:29 pm by Nostalgic

» Welcome to Norwich!
Yesterday at 8:06 pm by Silvers

» 4.50 Saturday and then
Yesterday at 5:11 pm by sunderpitt

» Grayson out
Yesterday at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, paddocklad

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

I hope the guy got the job.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I hope the guy got the job.

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-08-07, 9:15 pm

Toronto police officer buys shoplifter suit he tried to steal

[size]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Image copyrightCP24Image captionThe officer's sergeant told the BBC that Niran Jeyanesan was a positive role model
A shoplifter in Toronto who was caught stealing an outfit for a job interview was given a second chance by the police officer who came to arrest him.
Constable Niran Jeyanesan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Walmart staff apprehended an 18-year-old for attempting to steal a dress shirt, tie and socks.
He said when he arrived at the scene he realised the offender had been stealing the items for a job interview.
He then decided to release him and purchase the items for him.
"This young person has been facing his own difficulties in life and he was looking to straighten out all that by providing for his family and trying to get a job," Mr Jeyanesan said.
"This individual didn't have any resources.
"He wanted to go get that job. That was in his mind. I think he truly made a mistake."
Speaking to the BBC, his staff sergeant Paul Bois praised Mr Jeyanesan's actions.
"Arresting him wouldn't have been in the best interests of anyone," he said.
"I reacted very positively to the news; all issues were resolved by the action the officer took.
"It reiterates our goal of being positive role models in the community."[/size]

Says a lot for the people of Canada.  US police could learn from this.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: I hope the guy got the job.

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-07, 9:18 pm

Yes indeed.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-07, 9:19 pm

Nostalgic wrote:Toronto police officer buys shoplifter suit he tried to steal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Image copyrightCP24Image captionThe officer's sergeant told the BBC that Niran Jeyanesan was a positive role model
A shoplifter in Toronto who was caught stealing an outfit for a job interview was given a second chance by the police officer who came to arrest him.
Constable Niran Jeyanesan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Walmart staff apprehended an 18-year-old for attempting to steal a dress shirt, tie and socks.
He said when he arrived at the scene he realised the offender had been stealing the items for a job interview.
He then decided to release him and purchase the items for him.
"This young person has been facing his own difficulties in life and he was looking to straighten out all that by providing for his family and trying to get a job," Mr Jeyanesan said.
"He wanted to go get that job. That was in his mind. I think he truly made a mistake."
Speaking to the BBC, his staff sergeant Paul Bois praised Mr Jeyanesan's actions.
"Arresting him wouldn't have been in the best interests of anyone," he said.
"I reacted very positively to the news; all issues were resolved by the action the officer took.
"It reiterates our goal of being positive role models in the community."

Says a lot for the people of Canada.  US police could learn from this.
BRITISH police (and politicians!) could learn a lot from this Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-12, 11:28 pm

A good news story. It seems he did indeed get the job! Very Happy 

Toronto shoplifter gets job after policeman bought him interview shirt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Image copyright TORONTO POLICE SERVICE  Image caption  Toronto police Constable Niran Jeyanesan says the teenager called him to say the outfit had worked

Last Monday, a shoplifter in Toronto was caught stealing an outfit for a job interview. But when Constable Niran Jeyanesan arrived to arrest him, he was moved by the 18-year-old's story and decided to buy him the clothes instead.
Now the officer has revealed that the young man got the job, and will begin work next week.
"He is starting Monday," Mr Jeyanesan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
"He told me he actually wore the shirt and the tie - I'm just so happy!"
Speaking last week, the officer said Walmart staff had [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
The teenager had told the officer that his father was sick, and that the family had suffered difficult times as a result.
Constable Jeyanesan said that thanks to "some friends who were willing to help out", the elder man is now employed as well.
Speaking to the BBC on 7 August, Mr Jeyanesan's staff sergeant Paul Bois praised his actions.
"Arresting him [the 18-year-old] wouldn't have been in the best interests of anyone," he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-13, 4:29 am

Hieronymus wrote:A good news story. It seems he did indeed get the job! Very Happy 

Toronto shoplifter gets job after policeman bought him interview shirt

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Image copyright TORONTO POLICE SERVICE  Image caption  Toronto police Constable Niran Jeyanesan says the teenager called him to say the outfit had worked

Last Monday, a shoplifter in Toronto was caught stealing an outfit for a job interview. But when Constable Niran Jeyanesan arrived to arrest him, he was moved by the 18-year-old's story and decided to buy him the clothes instead.
Now the officer has revealed that the young man got the job, and will begin work next week.
"He is starting Monday," Mr Jeyanesan [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
"He told me he actually wore the shirt and the tie - I'm just so happy!"
Speaking last week, the officer said Walmart staff had [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
The teenager had told the officer that his father was sick, and that the family had suffered difficult times as a result.
Constable Jeyanesan said that thanks to "some friends who were willing to help out", the elder man is now employed as well.
Speaking to the BBC on 7 August, Mr Jeyanesan's staff sergeant Paul Bois praised his actions.
"Arresting him [the 18-year-old] wouldn't have been in the best interests of anyone," he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Lovely story, thanks H, it's a real "feel-good" story!   like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: