SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 10:56 am by cyprussyd

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Tina anybody?
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:31 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 10
Today at 7:50 am by oldblackcat

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

» I am no scholar
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Reasons to be cheerful..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reasons to be cheerful..

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-05, 10:24 pm

Well round one of our life in the championship is over and in my opinion we have reason to be cheerful. The result is not that important, a 3-0 win would not have made me dream of finishing in the top 2 and a 3-0 defeat would not have had me panicking.

For me performance + recent past = optimism or pessimism.

Our recent past saw a team and club in turmoil with an owner wanting out, debts that could have been fatal, a team that in the main had all but given up.

Summer saw us without a manager and our only real assets either sold, Pickering and Defoe or wanting out, Kone, Lens and Khazri.
Enter a new manager. a name I would guess did not make most fans lists let alone top it and he was second choice, number one target said no.
We then see the new man given next to no money so he scours the loan market and brings in what he can then just to cement the misery a week before kick off we are beaten 5-0 by a team from Scotland.

Hardly a picture that would lead us into yesterdays game full of confidence and today Cattermole confirmed that lack of confidence.

But a crowd of under 30,000 gave support that was missing in the premiership and the players responded.
This rag tag and bobtail team rolled their sleeves up and gave us a fighting performance to be proud of.

More training sessions, more players coming back from injury, more new players and a more confident set of players backed by a noisy positive crowd and for me the future looks very bright.

I'm not talking promotion but who knows, I am talking week on week improvement and wins.

Cant wait for my next visit to the stadium of light.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Reasons to be cheerful..

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-05, 10:35 pm

Agree with that 100%.

Came away on Friday night thinking yup looking forward to getting back to the next game as opposed to dreading going over like last season.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  lesmac on 2017-08-05, 11:10 pm

I too agree 100%. 

As a result of the shambles we were last season I had decided not to renew my season ticket but my wife Marjorie insisted that I renew, which I did........ reluctantly. After Friday evenings performance I'm pleased Marjorie pushed me into renewing my ticket and I actually enjoyed the 150 mile round trip to Sunderland unlike last season when it became increasingly miserable as the season dragged on.
lesmac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://lesmcleanphotography.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-06, 8:40 am

gil t azell wrote:Agree with that 100%.

Came away on Friday night thinking yup looking forward to getting back to the next game as opposed to dreading going over like last season.
And it's Leeds just to add that extra bite
lesmac wrote:I too agree 100%. 

As a result of the shambles we were last season I had decided not to renew my season ticket but my wife Marjorie insisted that I renew, which I did........ reluctantly. After Friday evenings performance I'm pleased Marjorie pushed me into renewing my ticket and I actually enjoyed the 150 mile round trip to Sunderland unlike last season when it became increasingly miserable as the season dragged on.
Les my friend, having met you and Marjorie I can confirm that in your case the wife always knows best, just listen and do in future.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-08-06, 9:34 am

cyprussyd wrote:
gil t azell wrote:Agree with that 100%.

And it's Leeds just to add that extra bite
lesmac wrote:I too agree 100%. 

Les my friend, having met you and Marjorie I can confirm that in your case the wife always knows best, just listen and do in future.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum