SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 17
Today at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 6:15 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» In plain English please
Today at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Today at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Today at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
Yesterday at 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
Yesterday at 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
Yesterday at 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 16
Yesterday at 1:34 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, catinexile

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has slammed Sunderland owner Ellis Short

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has slammed Sunderland owner Ellis Short

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-03, 12:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has slammed Sunderland owner Ellis Short by claiming that he needs to be more committed to the club following the recent controversial statements made by Darron Gibson.

Following the Black Cats humiliating 5-0 pre-season defeat against Celtic, Gibson was caught on camera controversially attacking his club and team-mates for a lack of commitment.
Many have criticized Short in the past for not providing sufficient capital to managers of the club to bolster his team 
and many predict that the Black Cats may have difficulty avoiding relegation from the Championship next season.
Now even Jordan has gone on to slam Short [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], “The big tragedy for Sunderland, and you look at them in the January transfer window, they are selling players to Crystal Palace who were in the same position as Sunderland, and you wonder why that was.
“I wouldn’t be Ellis Short because I’d be more committed to my football club than he is. But I’d be saying to my manager you’ve got to manage the situation, you’ve got to deal with this properly and I expect you to come out on Friday evening and give Derby a proper game.”
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Re: Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has slammed Sunderland owner Ellis Short

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-03, 7:17 pm

He's not trying to buy us is he?
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Former Crystal Palace owner Simon Jordan has slammed Sunderland owner Ellis Short

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-03, 7:27 pm

gil t azell wrote:He's not trying to buy us is he?
Anyone will do for me. Cannot be as bad as yankee doodle dandy, "that's for sure" as Bruce would say..
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-08-03, 9:16 pm

Roker roar wrote:
Anyone will do for me. Cannot be as bad as yankee doodle dandy, "that's for sure" as Bruce would say..
Totally agree
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-03, 9:49 pm

gil t azell wrote:
Roker roar wrote:
Totally agree
Simon Jordan made millions, but nowhere near the billions Short has, by selling cheap mobile phones back in the 90's. Remember the Pocket Phone Company? That was him. He bought Crystal Palace, his boyhood team in 2000 and appointed himself chairman. He went through managers like there was no tomorrow. Is this sounding familiar? He walked away in 2010 when the club got into financial difficulty and wasn't able to pay players. Palace went into administration in 2010, with Jordan having lost at least £30m. I would not touch him with a bargepole Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-08-03, 10:15 pm

Jordan failed to point out that we got a handsome fee for an ordinary full back who we replaced with another full back of similar ability for a fraction of the price.  Palace got lucky when Sam came back onto the scene unexpectedly.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum