SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 7:58 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
Today at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Today at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Today at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Today at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
Yesterday at 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
Yesterday at 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
Yesterday at 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 16
Yesterday at 1:34 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

catinexile, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland AFC v Derby County-Match Day Thread

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sunderland AFC v Derby County-Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 9:15 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well the game we have been looking forward to with excited dread is here, our season opener against the rams.

I'm looking forward to the game immensely, back on the bus with great people, meeting up again with great people like lesmack, Vince, Sunderpit(maybe) OBC if he is not at work and people who sit around me.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how the manager deals with the many problems and oh do we have problems. How the players respond to last Saturday, for me it's all part of the fabric that makes up Sunderland and my support.

My expectations are to see a team that gives their all and improves each week and I accept we are starting at a very low point so I don't expect perfection.

My expected team is...

STEELE
JONES  OSHEA  BROWNING  GALLOWAY
KHAZRI  NDONG  CATTERMOLE  MCGREADY
GRABBEN VAUGHAN
RUITER LOVE DJILOBOJI RODWELL ASORO HONEYMAN GOOCH

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-08-04, 10:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Sunderland AFC v Derby County-Match Day Thread

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-08-03, 9:50 am

Let's hope for a decent performance and a win to give us all a welcome boost..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-03, 10:01 am

If you are in your usual seat I could come along to day hello and we could growl at each other?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-03, 10:36 am

Syd, you choose exactly the right words as always; "excited dread" is precisely the feeling. I would go with your team as I have no views other than agreeing with you that I don't want Kone anywhere near it.

PS Welcome back you old bugger kiss
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 10:44 am

sunderpitt wrote:If you are in your usual seat I could come along to day hello and we could growl at each other?
Well I guess a day hello is a step up from your usual gay hello I get from you.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 10:49 am

Hieronymus wrote:Syd, you choose exactly the right words as always; "excited dread" is precisely the feeling. I would go with your team as I have no views other than agreeing with you that I don't want Kone anywhere near it.

TBH "H" I would have Ruiter in goal but it seems Grayson is sticking with Steele and thank you x

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-03, 10:58 am

cyprussyd wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:Syd, you choose exactly the right words as always; "excited dread" is precisely the feeling. I would go with your team as I have no views other than agreeing with you that I don't want Kone anywhere near it.

TBH "H" I would have Ruiter in goal but it seems Grayson is sticking with Steele and thank you x
Oh yes I too would have Ruiter in goal but guess as he only signed yesterday that is unlikely. Still the games come thick and fast in the Championship so he will get his chance I am sure.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 12:11 pm

Simon Grayson is delighted to have sealed a move for Robbin Ruiter after the Dutchman put pen to paper on a two-year deal at the Stadium of Light.
The 30-year-old goalkeeper is unlikely to feature in Friday’s game against Derby County, though, with the Sunderland boss also ruling Josh Maja out of the Sky Bet Championship opener.
As expected, Bryan Oviedo, Paddy McNair and Duncan Watmore will also miss the start of the campaign, but Jack Rodwell could be involved after returning to training on Monday.  
 “Everybody saw what he did in the two games he played,” said Grayson.
“He showed his quality and he didn’t have to come on trial as such, he came because he has a desire to play for the club and what he’ll do is add experience to the group because of the amount of games he’s played in different competitions."
He continued: “Friday’s game might be a bit of a rush for him given he probably hasn’t trained since Scunthorpe United, but we’ll see how he is on Thursday morning.
“Jack was back in training Monday and he’s been fine so we expect him to be in and around the squad, but he’s not one hundred percent fit because he’s been out since the St Johnstone game.
“Maja will probably miss it because of a knee injury he picked up at Bradford City, but he’s not too far away and Oviedo is running again.
“The other two lads, Duncan and Paddy, are making real good progress and it will be great to see them back, but that won’t be until after the international weekend.
“When you’re without the likes of Bryan, Duncan and Paddy you are without three first-team players, and that’s damaging because we need strength in depth over the course of the season.
“We want them back as quickly as we can but we won’t rush them.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-03, 12:28 pm

Off-field issues could 'sharpen' Sunderland, Derby County boss says

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gary Rowett says Sunderland's off-field issues could 'sharpen' their focus ahead of the Championship opener. Darron Gibson faced an internal disciplinary procedure this week after implying that some of his team-mates did not want to play for the club. Simon Grayson said on Wednesday that he would consider the Irish midfielder for selection despite his 'reputation being in tatters, to a certain extent'. The Sunderland boss added that the timing had been particularly disappointing, coming a week before the start of the season. Rowett, however, has urged his side not to be complacent. Rowett said: “It can go two ways. It could have a detrimental effect but equally it could really sharpen their focus and get some of these issues out of the way. “We are aware of it but I don’t take too much notice of it.” The Derby County boss also had praise for Black Cats boss Simon Grayson and says the new manager will have his side motivated for the season ahead.

“We have to expect them to be strong, because they have Premier League players and parachute payments to enable them to strengthen the team quickly," he said. 

“There is probably still a bit of change going on there but Simon has done a fantastic job wherever he has been and I expect Sunderland to be very strong and motivated. “We will have to be at our best to get a result.” Rowett also said that strikers Nick Blackman and Matej Vydra are still doubts for the game after pre-season injury issues.

Midfielder George Thorne, left-back Max Lowe, centre-back Jason Shackell and former Black Cats striker Darren Bent are all unavailable.

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 12:32 pm

Rowett also said that strikers Nick Blackman and Matej Vydra are still doubts for the game after pre-season injury issues.

Midfielder George Thorne, left-back Max Lowe, centre-back Jason Shackell and former Black Cats striker Darren Bent are all unavailable.

GOOD

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 3:23 pm

Sunderland AFC will pay tribute to Bradley Lowery ahead of the opening game of the season, when they welcome Derby County to the Stadium of Light.

Bradley shared a close bond with players and staff at Sunderland AFC and fans took the youngster to their hearts as he fought neuroblastoma with tenacity, courage and a smile that endeared him to the world. His passing has had a profound effect on everyone and the club is continuing to help and support the Lowery family through this unimaginably difficult time.
A minute’s applause will be held before kick-off on Friday evening, with players, club officials and supporters joining together to remember the very special young man, whose bravery has inspired so many.

Sunderland AFC’s chief executive, Martin Bain said: “Bradley had the most amazing impact on our club and the wider football community. It is fitting that we can come together at our first league game of the new season to pay tribute to this wonderful little boy, whose love for Sunderland was evident for all to see”.

Moving forward, to ensure that Bradley continues to make a difference to the lives of others, the Bradley Lowery Foundation is in the process of being confirmed as a registered charity, with the aim of offering help and support to youngsters and their families who are facing challenges, just as Bradley did. Sunderland AFC is working alongside the Lowery family to support the work of the Foundation.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-03, 5:13 pm

clapy clapy clapy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-08-03, 5:42 pm

Excited yes, dread no!

My expectations are not too high for the season and this could be our toughest home game. As others have said, if they show spirit, desire and give 100% effort I will be happy no matter what the result.

Have no doubt, it will get better as the season goes forward 

yipeee
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 7:37 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-03, 8:07 pm

Let's hope the team can do it for Bradley!  like

ten

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-04, 8:10 am

Media mash-up returns as James Hunter, Richard Mennear and Paul Fraser pen their pre-match musings ahead of Friday’s Sky Bet Championship opener against Derby County (KO 7.45pm).
The trio share their thoughts on the highly-anticipated clash, pinpoint the areas in which the game will be won and lost – and much more…

James Hunter ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) – The Chronicle
New manager, new season, new start. After years of fighting the drop before finally suffering relegation last term, Sunderland must rebuild their confidence in the Championship and reconnect with the fans. The only way to do that is to win games, and Sunderland will certainly find that much easier in the second tier than they have in recent times in the Premier League. That said, as Simon Grayson knows all too well, anyone who takes the Championship lightly is making a big mistake. Sunderland will have to adapt to different demands, a different way of playing, and different pressures in this league – they will be expected to be on the front foot and challenging in the top third of the table, rather than trying to eke out enough points to survive. Sunderland's squad is still evolving, with reinforcements certain to arrive this month, but tomorrow's season-opener against Derby will be a test of how prepared the Black Cats are for the challenges that lie ahead. The Rams have finished either in or around the play-off places in three of the last four seasons, and are one of the sides tipped to be there or thereabouts once again. But, with Sunderland at home and on TV for the first game of the season, it is imperative that Grayson and his team get off to a good start to give the fans some belief.

Richard Mennear ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) – Sunderland Echo
Where has the summer gone? It only seems like yesterday that Sunderland ended their 10-year stint in the Premier League with defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. Much has changed since that sunny afternoon in mid-May. A new manager, a new squad with a raft of outgoings and seven new faces on Wearside - with more transfers in and out to come before the window closes at the end of the month. It has been a busy summer at the Stadium of Light ahead of Friday night's opening Championship game against Gary Rowett's Derby County. Sunderland, boosted this week by the arrival of goalkeeper Robbin Ruiter, simply must get off to a good start following the shocking display against Celtic last weekend. That whole weekend is better best forgotten. And it will be provided the Black Cats get off to a solid start in front of their home support. Derby County - without Darren Bent, George Thorne, Max Lowe and Jason Shackell - will pose a difficult opening test but Sunderland have dangermen of their own in Aiden McGeady and Wahbi Khazri, two key attacking players as the season gets underway. Hopefully James Vaughan will break his duck too as Sunderland aim to get off to a winning start ahead of a gruelling 46-game campaign.

Paul Fraser ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) – The Northern Echo
Ever get the feeling a club needs the action to begin? That has certainly been the case on Wearside this week. Without dwelling too much on what has been going on off-the-field and behind-the-scenes, it would be nice for Simon Grayson to get his reign off to a positive start against Derby County. He needs it. The fans need it. And so does Sunderland Association Football Club as a whole. Grayson has done what he can so far in the transfer market and there is sure to be further movement - in and out - before the transfer window closes at the end of this month. When you consider and compare the money being spent elsewhere in the Championship, it is going to be hard for Grayson to drive the Black Cats to a top two place; even a play-off place could be difficult. But Grayson knows what he is doing in the Football League. His track record proves that. Wouldn't it be fantastic to see a manager from not too far away in North Yorkshire succeed where many have failed? Sunderland do have a chance to start again following relegation and fans shouldn't expect too much too soon after such a depressing few years in the Premier League. Change has been needed for a while and hopefully Grayson can be the man to deliver what is required on the field ... starting with the visit of another side hoping for a promotion push, Derby.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-08-04, 8:24 am

I see this as a new dawn and am exited to!! gunna see some rough times first i would imagine. No pain no gain. Just wish Short had gone for a proper new start.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-08-04, 8:33 am

I have woke up this morning feeling like a kid at Christmas.. All excited for the start of the new season with a heart full of hope..

Ha'way the lads..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-04, 9:22 am

barrowmackem wrote:I see this as a new dawn and am exited to!! gunna see some rough times first i would imagine. No pain no gain. Just wish Short had gone for a proper new start.
Spot on
MrRAWhite wrote:I have woke up this morning feeling like a kid at Christmas.. All excited for the start of the new season with a heart full of hope..

Ha'way the lads..
Same here

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-04, 9:54 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-08-04, 9:54 am

Well it has to be better than last season hasn't it ?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-04, 10:55 am

Cash turnstiles will be in operation for tonight's match against [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sunderland kick off their Sky Bet EFL Championship campaign tomorrow night (Friday), when Derby County are the visitors to the Stadium of Light.
SAFC.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-04, 11:27 am

Tonights game..

Championship, Sky Sports Football (19:00), Sky Sports Main Event (19:00)

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-08-04, 11:31 am

Best Wishes for tonight folks.

Derby have been crap since Franny Lee left them Very Happy
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-04, 11:45 am

8 HOURS TO KICK OFF

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: