SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» Bradley Lowery to be honoured at SPOTY
Today at 5:16 am by canary-dave

» MAJA GOAL
Today at 4:08 am by canary-dave

» Newcastle in, Sunderland and West Ham OUT
Today at 2:38 am by oxfordshire

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 9:46 pm by sunderpitt

» SUNDERLAND V BIRMINGHAM.
Yesterday at 9:43 pm by sunderpitt

» 80 is special
Yesterday at 8:59 pm by Nostalgic

» Keith Chegwin dies
Yesterday at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» Predictions Week 17
2017-12-15, 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
2017-12-15, 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

Nostalgic, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Negativity of fans and club

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Negativity of fans and club

Post  Steveo143 on 2017-08-02, 10:05 pm

Ok I know I'll get some abuse  Rolling Eyes 
But here it goes I know the club from top to bottom but do you not think in some way it stems down to the support the negativity is unreal it feels like 70% of our fans want managers / players to fail so they can have something to moan about. From fans leaving early even when winning. Surely from an outside view no decent player would want to come to Sunderland what happened to this upbeat club last seen under Keane where fans would all sing together not winge about people standing. Come on safc let's start afresh get behind the lads and show the world what a massive club we are with most passionate fans around if we keep telling these players they are s**t then it's not long b4 they start believing it 
Roll on a win against derby come on let's get behind them 

Sorry about rant  Twisted Evil
Steveo143

Back to top Go down

Re: Negativity of fans and club

Post  Silvers on 2017-08-02, 10:29 pm

The negativity is because the fans are awaiting evidence on the field that the slide has been arrested.

There are no signs of that yet.
Perhaps Friday will be the watershed..

Fans moan because they care.
If they didnt care they would have been long gone.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-08-02, 10:35 pm

I couldn't agree more.. The negativity and lack of vocal support has been a massive issue for years now.. We are certainly part of the mess the club is in..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steveo143 on 2017-08-02, 10:40 pm

I think atmosphere has died since away fans got moved up into gods think it was bruceys idea Rolling Eyes doesn't help that they give all these free tickets away now no 1 wants to pay anymore apart from the loyals
Steveo143

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-02, 11:32 pm

Steveo143 this forum rarely deals in abuse. All views are welcomed as long as other posters, who may disagree, are treated with respect.

I understand your rallying cry, but I strongly disagree that the fans are to blame for the negativity that abounds. Yes they may be a contributing factor, but is it too much to ask for a team and performances that are worthy of the 40,000 that turn up at the SOL, and the thousands that travel away, despite the dross that has been served up season after season?

Due to a combination of disgust at Ellis Short's tenure, distance and time to travel to SOL as well as cost, but largely my increasing lack of enjoyment of the whole match day experience, I no longer attend games. I am quite happy sitting at home, with my TV or radio on, watching or listening to the match and chatting on Chatbox to local and 'ex-pat' posters like barrow, mackemneil, kiwi or nostalgic, amongst others.

Believe me I still care very much, and have given Mr H a heart attack more than once by jumping up and screaming when we score! And I will be the first to cheer to the heavens if we start winning games and do well this season. But for me the atmosphere will only improve when club and players show they deserve our support, not the other way round.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Steveo143 on 2017-08-02, 11:43 pm

I'm not given abuse to anyone just my opinion ur welcome to sit at home and contribute to the atmosphere from behind your tv and give criticism to players yes some deserve it but without our fans support this club would be nothing
Steveo143

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-03, 12:06 am

Steveo143 wrote:I'm not given abuse to anyone just my opinion ur welcome to sit at home and contribute to the atmosphere from behind your tv and give criticism to players yes some deserve it but without our fans support this club would be nothing
I know you are not abusing anyone. I was just respondng to your expectation of receiving abuse for your viewpoint Very Happy

I agree we have great fans and the club has done little recently to deserve the support it gets.

To be honest, after 35 years of supporting SAFC, most of it with a season ticket (even when I lived and worked in the Midlands and South East, and had a very young family) I feel no guilt in supporting the club from afar now I am retired and live an hour and 40 minutes drive away from Sunderland!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-03, 8:52 am

Well I agree with you all, we need the fans to give positive support and help the team but we also need the team to give 100% to help the fans, the vicious circle or despair.

For me it comes down to one word right now, effort.

We are in a mess and have been for many years so exciting winning football could take some time. Many people are to blame for the mess starting with Short's mismanagement but some people are exempt from blame right now, the ,manager and many of the players. I will be there on Friday supporting most of them.

Grayson because e is trying hard to rescue a sinking club and he is doing it with next to no cash, he deserves 100% support.
Most of the players especially the new ones. Some may not be the best of quality but they are here and trying hard so deserve our support.

The one player I can no longer support is Kone, a fantastic footballer who does have the quality but is not using it. Thats a choice he has made but he still picks up his high wages and I suspect is top of the list Gibson was being critical of.

I truly hope his name is NOT on Grayson's team on Friday.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum