SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» 4.50 Saturday and then
Today at 4:29 pm by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Today at 4:18 pm by Hieronymus

» Déjà vu
Today at 3:48 pm by cyprussyd

» I had a dream
Today at 3:12 pm by Hieronymus

» Grayson out
Today at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:25 am by Silvers

» Mr H will be delighted
Today at 9:57 am by Hieronymus

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Players In

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Players In

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-08-02, 12:33 pm

So what has happened to player recruitment.
We saw on Saturday that we need players in ASAP,and yet nothing two days before kick off and nothing.
When will this club learn.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Players In

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-02, 1:18 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:So what has happened to player recruitment.
We saw on Saturday that we need players in ASAP,and yet nothing two days before kick off and nothing.
There's nee dosh man.
We're skint as f*ck.
The Pickford fee will go towards the debt imo but you'll have to ask Ellis for confirmation.
I wouldn't be expecting any realistic investment soon fella.

We've just been ripped a new arsehole off Celtic reserves.
That's what you've got to look forward to this season.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-02, 2:25 pm

Billy D wrote:
There's nee dosh man.
We're skint as f*ck.
The Pickford fee will go towards the debt imo but you'll have to ask Ellis for confirmation.

Dont tell the truth.....the natives don't like it. You have to say things like..."dare to dream" and "the squad has been strengthen well" in reality we all know it's a nightmare and no it hasn't. The squad is thin and really poor and f*cking God couldn't do nothing with that lot. What next?
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-08-02, 3:25 pm

Roker roar wrote:
Billy D wrote:
There's nee dosh man.
We're skint as f*ck.

Dont tell the truth.....the natives don't like it. You have to say things like..."dare to dream" and "the squad has been strengthen well" in reality we all know it's a nightmare and no it hasn't. The squad is thin and really poor and f*cking God couldn't do nothing with that lot. What next?
Do you really think the 'natives' don't understand the predicament we are in?
Most of us have supported this club for a long time and we have been here before, we remember the dark days when Mick Macarthy struggled with no budget in the Premiership and we sank without a trace. We remember the even darker days of playing in what is now League 1.
We are there again, we have another new manager, who acknowledges the mis-management of the past and with a small budget has the job of trying to restore some pride in this club, bringing players in who want to play, ridding us of those who don't. It will take time and we have a choice:-

Continue to support our club and accept where we are, or
Whinge ...... A lot, and be forever negative.

I prefer the former ......... And you? 

Go on, be positive, you have the chair now, you can tell us, using your people and financial skills and your knowledge of football how you would turn this club round. We will be generous and give you a £10m budget, but all sales will help to pay off the debt. Your chance to show your positivity for a change
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-02, 3:37 pm

What the f*ck is there to be positive about....The club s agenda has and always will be second rate especially since the 50's. We have an owner who cannot lead and his only agenda is to make as much money as he can a team that will in my opinion be close to relegation.  Happy days eh. What do you think we have to be happy about?
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-02, 3:59 pm

crawl
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-08-02, 4:02 pm

Roker roar wrote:crawl
like  That's better  Very Happy yipeee
Mackemneil

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-02, 4:07 pm

I do try.  Laughing
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-02, 4:21 pm

I suppose I see it as a dichotomy if that is the word.

I definitely see the team is as weak as it has been in the past 10 years and without s big influx of playing quality  that means a very poor season. So no way can I be optimistic.

Also, and I may not be alone on this, I have a lot of emotional investment in Sunderland and when we are playing crap and losing badly it really hurts. So I become more reluctant to use my season ticket.

On the other hand....there is always hope and that is what will get me to the game in Friday....but if we get stuffed...i fear it may be a while before I turn out again 

So there it is realism v hope (for a miracle)

Last edited by sunderpitt on 2017-08-02, 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-02, 4:44 pm

Roker roar wrote:
Billy D wrote:
There's nee dosh man.
We're skint as f*ck.

I feel your pain Roker roar but fear you are shooting at the wrong targets on here. No one is blind to the 'truth', as you put it. Some of us just know that life is far too short and precious to waste it being angry all the time. And it is quite liberating to 'dare to dream' sometimes! 

Personally I agree with you about Short and how he has ripped us off, and I too have no intention of returning to the SOL until Short is gone, but that doesn't mean I will stop supporting my team even if it is full of kids, no hopers, has beens and some that never were in the first place. I couldn't stop caring even if I tried. So, yes, I will watch on TV, or listen on radio, and I will moan and groan with the rest of us as we lose games, and will be happy when we win.

It is nothing to do with logic, or evidence, or money or anything other than sheer emotional connection to a club that has hurt more than elated, but is as much a part of me as my right hand. It makes no sense but then isn't that what beng a football supporter is all about? Heart over head every time Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-02, 4:46 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I suppose I see it as a dichotomy if that is the word.

I definitely see the team is as weak as it has been in the past 10 years and without s big influx of playing quality  that means though season. So no way can I be optimistic.

Also, and I may not be alone on this, I have a lot of emotional investment in Sunderland and when we are playing crap and losing badly it really hurts. So I become more reluctant to use my season ticket.

On the other hand....there is always hope and that is what will get me to the game in Friday....but if we get stuffed...i gear it may be a while before I turn out again 

So there it is realism v hope (for a miracle)
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-02, 4:46 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
Roker roar wrote:
Billy D wrote:
There's nee dosh man.
We're skint as f*ck.

I feel your pain Roker roar but fear you are shooting at the wrong targets on here. No one is blind to the 'truth', as you put it. Some of us just know that life is far too short and precious to waste it being angry all the time. And it is quite liberating to 'dare to dream' sometimes! 

Personally I agree with you about Short and how he has ripped us off, and I too have no intention of returning to the SOL until Short is gone, but that doesn't mean I will stop supporting my team even if it is full of kids, no hopers, has beens and some that never were in the first place. I couldn't stop caring even if I tried. So, yes, I will watch on TV, or listen on radio, and I will moan and groan with the rest of us as we lose games, and will be happy when we win.

It is nothing to do with logic, or evidence, or money or anything other than sheer emotional connection to a club that has hurt more than elated, but is as much a part of me as my right hand. It makes no sense but then isn't that what beng a football supporter is all about? Heart over head every time Very Happy
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-08-02, 5:41 pm

Roker roar wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:
Roker roar wrote:
Billy D wrote:
There's nee dosh man.
We're skint as f*ck.

like like
Mackemneil

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-08-02, 9:22 pm

McCormack next
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-02, 9:29 pm

As for players in, it seems a Brazilian is leaving Barcelona, is it possible he is heading to Sol.. .I am sure Short can manage any fee required
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-08-02, 10:55 pm

I think we are more desperate for a centre half and we seem to be missing that
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-02, 11:43 pm

sunderpitt wrote:As for players in, it seems a Brazilian is leaving Barcelona, is it possible he is heading to Sol.. .I am sure Short can manage any fee required
£450m including wages and bonuses  Shocked Shocked Shocked 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

And Qatar is giving him £200m to be their ambassador for the World Cup, which is how PSG (owned by Qatari Sport Investment company) are getting round FFP.  Apart from UEFA being toothless of course.

The whole thing stinks! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-08-03, 12:36 am

Hieronymus wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:As for players in, it seems a Brazilian is leaving Barcelona, is it possible he is heading to Sol.. .I am sure Short can manage any fee required
£450m including wages and bonuses  Shocked Shocked Shocked 

And Qatar is giving him £200m to be their ambassador for the World Cup, which is how PSG (owned by Qatari Sport Investment company) are getting round FFP.  Apart from UEFA being toothless of course.

The whole thing stinks! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

H - It happens everyday elsewhere but with just lessor sums. 
How many 12yo do you know earning €60k, free board & education for the entire family on the assumption they work for someone when they turn 16  silent

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-08-03, 10:10 pm

Lets look at the situation realistically.
Think of it as your household. I run mine pretty much as a business.
I have no debt, well in credit with rent, council tax, gas, electricity, phone, garage.
I have no credit or debit card only one that allows you to withdraw cash.
That's all I deal in - notes, whether buying or selling.

Anyhow, I'm digressing but lets say, hypothetically that your household income is £500 per week.
You can't go on spending £700 a week for ever can you?
That's what's happened to our club.
That's why we're in the shit we're in.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-08-03, 10:22 pm

Billy D wrote:Lets look at the situation realistically.
I have no debt, well in credit with rent, council tax, gas, electricity, phone, garage.

Anyhow, I'm digressing but lets say, hypothetically that your household income is £500 per week.
You been at the common sense tablets again Bill.

Our finances were so unbalanced that it just could not go on as it was for much longer. For all relegation was a huge disappointment we were haemoragging money just to survive and would have carried on doing so as that is how football has become.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-08-03, 11:07 pm

Nostalgic wrote:

Our finances were so unbalanced that it just could not go on as it was for much longer. For all relegation was a huge disappointment we were haemoragging money just to survive and would have carried on doing so as that is how football has become.

A fair point is being made..

However there is also the argument that very few Premier league clubs make a profit. The vast majority of them are just expensive toys for very wealthy boys (as with large yachts).

As for Short he may well have been sold a pup in that the around £20m he lost owning Sunderland is about par for the course and he should just write it off. Trying to reduce his loses is going to just drive the club lower and lower
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-08-03, 11:44 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:

However there is also the argument that very few Premier league clubs make a profit. The vast majority of them are just expensive toys for very wealthy boys (as with large yachts).

As for Short he may well have been sold a pup in that the around £20m he lost owning Sunderland is about par for the course and he should just write it off. Trying to reduce his loses is going to just drive the club lower and lower
Short is doing very nicely thank you very much with his SAFC investment & will continue to own it untill such time as his ROI dips below requirement.

Ps. Billy, we need to find you a CFO position  Laughing

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-08-04, 12:08 am

What is Sunderland football club to me? It is family, it is like a marriage.. For better and for worse and for richer and for poorer.. Of course I get angry and fall out and at times I have felt like saying is it worth the bother.. However, just like family, I have never and never will give up on them, no matter how much shit they throw my way, which makes the precious good times and moments all the more precious..

Ha'way me bonny lads..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-08-04, 6:50 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Nostalgic wrote:

Short is doing very nicely thank you very much with his SAFC investment & will continue to own it untill such time as his ROI dips below requirement.

Ps. Billy, we need to find you a CFO position  Laughing
Wow.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: