SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
Latest topics
» SCMP
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Vincemac

» Love departs
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 1:11 pm by fitz

» Time flies
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 12:07 pm by cretanmakem

» New Fantasy Season
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty2019-07-19, 9:15 pm by Hieronymus

» Season cards
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty2019-07-19, 5:22 pm by cretanmakem

» Sunderland vs Benfica B - Thursday 18th July
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty2019-07-19, 2:42 pm by Mackemneil

» Got my pass, have you got yours?
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty2019-07-19, 9:29 am by Kipper

» Good Luck
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty2019-07-17, 8:53 pm by Lever Malone

» Portugal
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty2019-07-17, 4:23 pm by cyprussyd

» The Rt Hon David Bowen Esquire
Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty2019-07-15, 11:17 pm by Hieronymus


Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-06, 3:19 pm

I looked into this as was curious and found a field on the admin panel (Modules/Points and Reputation) that turns this feature on.

So I thought how do you add points to posters and found, on the right of every post, there is a little + above a line and then a - below the line. I had never noticed these before!

Anyway if you click the plus you basically upvote that post, or click the minus to downvote it, both by one point. Some Topics (Sunderland AFC Other Football and Sports, General Chat and Getting Started) have the 'negative' vote set to 0 and  the positive is set to +3.

Posters also get a point for every post and 3 points for every thread/topic they start. The system adds the votes up and calculates the Points total, or rep score for that poster. Each poster is only allowed 10 'votes' for other posters per day. I doubt you can vote on your own posts!

There is also supposed to be a 'thanks' button that adds 3 to a posters score but I cannot find that anywhere.

Getting points for threads and posts is fine I guess but personally, I don't like the plus and minus thing and would be happy for that feature to be switched off.  Or the whole thing atogether,

Anyone got any thoughts?
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10023
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-06, 3:32 pm

Hieronymus wrote:I looked into this as was curious and found a field on the admin panel (Modules/Points and Reputation) that turns this feature on.

So I thought how do you add points to posters and found, on the right of every post, there is a little + above a line and then a - below the line. I had never noticed these before!

Anyway if you click the plus you basically upvote that post, or click the minus to downvote it, both by one point. Some Topics (Sunderland AFC Other Football and Sports, General Chat and Getting Started) have the 'negative' vote set to 0 and  the positive is set to +3.

Posters also get a point for every post and 3 points for every thread/topic they start. The system adds the votes up and calculates the Points total, or rep score for that poster. Each poster is only allowed 10 'votes' for other posters per day. I doubt you can vote on your own posts!

There is also supposed to be a 'thanks' button that adds 3 to a posters score but I cannot find that anywhere.

Getting points for threads and posts is fine I guess but personally, I don't like the plus and minus thing and would be happy for that feature to be switched off.  Or the whole thing atogether,

Anyone got any thoughts?

I'm in agreement with you H, it's something I never paid any attention to until Billy decided to be offended by it! Turn it off!  like

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14655
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-06, 4:03 pm

Well if you want honestly I knew all that, didn't until this thread started but looked it up like "H".
So why did I not turn it off, because it was a feature that no one had noticed until this thread that I personally find unnecessary and un SunderMad, childish maybe but some days I read this drivel and think,"sod it" why.

That said keep it or pull it, that's what mods do.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49239
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-06, 4:14 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well if you want honestly I knew all that, didn't until this thread started but looked it up like "H".
So why did I not turn it off, because it was a feature that no one had noticed until this thread that I personally find unnecessary and un SunderMad, childish maybe but some days I read this drivel and think,"sod it" why.

That said keep it or pull it, that's what mods do.

You're only stalling because you're on 103!

tounge tounge tounge

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14655
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Argus on 2017-08-06, 4:23 pm

I've read the various responses yet I'm still baffled how it works.

Nevertheless, my joy at jumping from 0 to 6 in a matter of hours (and thinking I had overtaken Billy and Cretan in the process) was short lived when I realised that only Barrow is between me and the naughty step AGAIN.

Obviously must try harder..... now where have I heard that before ??

________________________________________________________
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you on experience.
Argus
Argus
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 418
Join date : 2012-08-06
Age : 75
Location : Morpeth

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Guest on 2017-08-06, 4:59 pm

Thanks for clearing that up H.
I've plussed you all even Waldorf & Statler.  like
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-08-06, 5:27 pm

Billy D wrote:Thanks for clearing that up H.
I've plussed you all even Waldorf & Statler.  like
Oh now thats you have actually tried it out I can see it turns the plus into a green column! I assume if you get lots of minuses it will turn it red Very Happy

Now we all know how it works (except Argus - a minus for him immediately!) I am happy to leave it as it is. Most of us will forget about it anyway tongue

If it becomes a problem it can easily be turned off at a later date.
Hieronymus
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 10023
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 63

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Vincemac on 2017-08-06, 6:19 pm

Whoooo now we know how to work those reps
We are all flying high
Vincemac
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 7651
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 67

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-08-06, 7:06 pm


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can you do the 1,000 Rep Challenge?
The aim of this workout is to perform 1000 repetitions of the exercises below as quickly as possible. Perform the exercises 20 repetitions at a time and perform them in the order they are laid out below.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 49239
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 70
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  canary-dave on 2017-08-06, 7:15 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can you do the 1,000 Rep Challenge?
The aim of this workout is to perform 1000 repetitions of the exercises below as quickly as possible. Perform the exercises 20 repetitions at a time and perform them in the order they are laid out below.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM


I'd rather attempt something difficult!   Laughing

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
canary-dave
canary-dave
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 14655
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 71
Location : Weston-super-Mare

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Guest on 2017-08-06, 10:50 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Well if you want honestly I knew all that, didn't until this thread started but looked it up like "H".
So why did I not turn it off, because it was a feature that no one had noticed until this thread that I personally find unnecessary and un SunderMad, childish maybe but some days I read this drivel and think,"sod it" why.

That said keep it or pull it, that's what mods do.
like like like like
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Guest on 2017-08-06, 11:17 pm

lesmac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Well if you want honestly I knew all that, didn't until this thread started but looked it up like "H".
So why did I not turn it off, because it was a feature that no one had noticed until this thread that I personally find unnecessary and un SunderMad, childish maybe but some days I read this drivel and think,"sod it" why.

That said keep it or pull it, that's what mods do.
like like like like
like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like
Gizza job, I can do that.
It's like Last of the Summer Wine.
Compo, Clegg & Foggy.
avatar
Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-08-11, 2:25 pm

Im bad really bad  Twisted Evil finger to red up yours

________________________________________________________
Sunderland AFC fans, (The Special Ones)
barrowmackem
barrowmackem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2738
Join date : 2014-09-29
Location : Barrow-in-Furness

Back to top Go down

Oh lord have f*cking mercy. - Page 2 Empty Re: Oh lord have f*cking mercy.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum