SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Academy of Plight?
Today at 8:28 am by cyprussyd

» Is it time for Tom Beadling to be given his chance?
Today at 8:22 am by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 10
Yesterday at 8:53 pm by Mackemneil

» Results of week 8 and fixtures for week 9
Yesterday at 8:51 pm by Mackemneil

» Special day Tuesday!
Yesterday at 8:43 pm by Mackemneil

» Classic Clough
Yesterday at 6:21 pm by canary-dave

» Craig Shakespeare: Leicester City sack manager four months after appointment
Yesterday at 4:54 pm by cyprussyd

» Is it payback time?
Yesterday at 2:43 pm by sunderpitt

» Quiz 68
Yesterday at 11:14 am by MrRAWhite

» Death of Working Men's Clubs
Yesterday at 9:07 am by Sid MCFC

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

Vincemac

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

6 in, what are your thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

6 in, what are your thoughts?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 11:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 in, what are your thoughts?

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 11:02 pm

Mine are well done Simon, we wanted a fresh start and clear out and what we have with next to no outlay is fantastic.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-07-26, 11:39 pm

Happy with all of them, but would still like a few more!

Keeper, would be happy with Ruiter

Centre back Elphick

Another forward please

And that assumes, Kone, Lens and Khazri stay, if any of them go we will need to replace them

Djilobodji and Rodwell can go for me
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-27, 12:02 am

The clear out - well, there's  a couple I would have liked to have stayed and a couple I would like to have gone. I hope the ones I would have liked gone  don't drag the new ones down. Comfortable with us buying cheap and most seem to have a point to prove (so did Rodwell mind). I actually think the goalie situation looks ok now despite not doing the obvious - spend just a third of the Pickford money and we'd get the  best goalie in the Championship. Actually, no - spend a  lot less, I can't think of a decent one. We should be ok there. Defenders coming in should be ok - anybody who keeps bodge job out of  the side  gets my vote. If the wingers and forwards gel we could turn out to have a decent side. If only we could keep Lens and he  plays as well as he has pre-season. Unlikely. Same goes for Khazri and fingers crossed no one comes  in for Ndong. A couple more in would be good but to be honest I'll be  glad when the window shuts. All in all I'm looking forward to the new season but hope we set the right tone  in the  first 4 or 5 games. If we have  our usual poor start then i'm not sure either i, nor the players will cope with what's to come. Admire grayson so far, let's hope it works out.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-07-27, 12:54 am

A mixed team of reasonably experienced or promising Premier players beefed up by Championship players signed up by a manager who has achieved promotions with previous clubs proving he is a builder of teams will do me for now.  

Everybody needs time to weld together so my expectations for this season are that I am willing to be pleasantly surprised if we have some sort of achievement.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-27, 10:08 am

Had low expectations which have largely been met! I am hopeful of a solid season and Grayson continues to impress me. But it is still pre-seasonand I will reassess as the league games start and we see how this squad develops into a team. But so far quietly confident of a good season, and maybe the play offs. Smile
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-07-27, 10:15 am

I'm ok
Rome wasn't built in a day
We new there would be big changes roll on Friday
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-27, 10:22 am

were skint its what i expected. Spending big does not always work, ask Villa. It is what it is at least the club is getting the books in order and we wont do a Portsmouth. We will be back but it may take some time. If any set of fans are used to this its us right?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-27, 10:29 am

Agreed, bid spending can't work for everyone,
If every team in the Fizzy pop each spent £60m, then three teams would still be relegated despite a combined outlay of £180m !

But the other side of the coin is that zero or minuscule investment also comes at a price...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-07-27, 9:40 pm

Tomas Kalas: Fulham sign Chelsea defender on loan

• 8 hours ago

• [size=13]From the section[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/size]

[size=16][size=16]Sharethis page
[/size][/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[size=11]Tomas Kalas featured in 36 league games for Fulham last season to help them reach the play-offs

Chelsea defender Tomas Kalas has signed a new four-year deal with the Premier League club and rejoined Championship side Fulham on a season-long loan deal.
Kalas made 40 appearances on loan at Craven Cottage last season.
The 24-year-old, capped seven times by the Czech Republic, has featured only four times for Chelsea since signing from Sigma Olomouc in July 2010.
"We appreciate Tomas so much after the way that he battled for us last season," [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Maybe this gives an indication of what we are up against in the transfer market. A player in his prime that Chelsea do not particularly need looking at his appearance record but he is available to recall in emergency.  No incentive for an international to leave a super-club wage packet partly paid by us lesser lights. He is among thirty or so Chelsea players out on loan at the moment.
I can only see it getting worse as finances change.[/size]

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-07-27, 9:47 pm

All very mediocre signings that will have us mid table at best. When khazri, Kone and Lens leave thete will be no quality left at the club.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-27, 10:07 pm

One of them has a very bad beard, that deserves lots of mocking
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-27, 10:48 pm

Roker roar wrote:All very mediocre signings that will have us mid table at best. When khazri, Kone and Lens leave thete will be no quality left at the club.

sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-27, 11:32 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Roker roar wrote:All very mediocre signings that will have us mid table at best. When khazri, Kone and Lens leave thete will be no quality left at the club.

lets wait and see how  it plays out. I don't like to be too early to judge but I guess that's what the OP asked for
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  black fox on 2017-07-28, 2:16 am

larry seems like a proper manager ,getting on with the job not like that moaning miserable sod moyes,god he was so depressing no wonder they didn't want to play for him, back to the incoming players they seem very down to earth and realistic chaps but I don't think we will be able to keep lens and kone I'm not sure I want them to either but I would love khasri to hang around also we need a very good centre half and then we will be alright until January.

Executive(VIP)
Executive(VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-07-28, 6:40 am

Kipper wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

lets wait and see how  it plays out. I don't like to be too early to judge but I guess that's what the OP asked for
Yes, that's what he asked for. The club’s no where near finished falling yet in my opinion. Something has to be done to force yankee doodle dandy out to stop that.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 7:59 am

Roker roar wrote:
Kipper wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

Yes, that's what he asked for. The club’s no where near finished falling yet in my opinion. Something has to be done to force yankee doodle dandy out to stop that.
I would prefer,indeed I am supporting the new manager and new start and I do it with my usual positive head. RR you have said a few times I am deluded but one fan staying away from the SoL and thinking it will affect Short is true delusion.

You say something has to be done to shift Short, go on please tell me what?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-28, 8:32 am

Manager has done welĺ to persuade the new arrivals to come north.

Hard work will not be enough.

My hope is for the swan dive to be halted.
If we are comfortable by Christmas perhaps purse strings may be loosened a bit to bring in some proven fizzy pop quality.

Who knows, Santa may even bring us a new owner by then.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum