SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 11:54 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

New goalkeeper

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New goalkeeper

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-07-26, 7:21 pm

Steele signs four year deal
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Jason Steele

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 7:21 pm

Goalkeeper Jason Steele has put pen to paper on a four-year deal to become Sunderland's sixth summer signing.

The 26-year-old joins from Blackburn Rovers after making over 100 appearances at Ewood Park during a three-year spell.

Speaking about his new club, Jason said: “I’m absolutely over the moon. It’s a dream come true to sign for such a massive club. My family are pretty much split between the three north east clubs, so I spent my childhood watching them all and I remember coming to the Stadium of Light with my uncle and cousin.
"I’ve got a lot of experience and played a lot of games – most of which are in the same league – and that’s probably one of the reasons why the gaffer has signed me. Hopefully I can help the team and I’m sure we’ll have a good season. I want just want to work hard, try my best and help the team push on.”
The stopper started his career in the north east with Middlesbrough, progressing through the youth ranks before making his first-team debut in a 2-1 League Cup win over Chesterfield. At the age of just 20 he became Boro’s number one and in 2013 he was named the North East Sports Writers’ Young Player of the Year.

His performances yielded further individual honours during his time at the Riverside, as he was named as the club’s Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year for the 2012-13 campaign.

Steele has also featured on the international stage, turning out for England at under-16, 17, 19 and 21 level, while also representing Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New goalkeeper

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-26, 8:26 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Goalkeeper Jason Steele has put pen to paper on a four-year deal to become Sunderland's sixth summer signing.

The 26-year-old joins from Blackburn Rovers after making over 100 appearances at Ewood Park during a three-year spell.

Speaking about his new club, Jason said: “I’m absolutely over the moon. It’s a dream come true to sign for such a massive club. My family are pretty much split between the three north east clubs, so I spent my childhood watching them all and I remember coming to the Stadium of Light with my uncle and cousin.
"I’ve got a lot of experience and played a lot of games – most of which are in the same league – and that’s probably one of the reasons why the gaffer has signed me. Hopefully I can help the team and I’m sure we’ll have a good season. I want just want to work hard, try my best and help the team push on.”
The stopper started his career in the north east with Middlesbrough, progressing through the youth ranks before making his first-team debut in a 2-1 League Cup win over Chesterfield. At the age of just 20 he became Boro’s number one and in 2013 he was named the North East Sports Writers’ Young Player of the Year.

His performances yielded further individual honours during his time at the Riverside, as he was named as the club’s Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year for the 2012-13 campaign.

Steele has also featured on the international stage, turning out for England at under-16, 17, 19 and 21 level, while also representing Great Britain at the 2012 Olympics.
Wonder if he is related to Eric Steele? He was from the North East and was a goalie back in the day. I think he is a coach now.

I am happy with this signing anyway and hope he goes on to great things with us Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Robbin Ruiter

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-27, 8:22 am

Simon Grayson hoping to sign Robbin Ruiter and wants competition for number one spot
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Robbin Ruiter last night.

PHIL SMITH

Published: 07:00Thursday 27 July 2017

Simon Grayson says Jason Steele will have to fight it out with Robbin Ruiter for the number one jersey, if the Dutchman joins on a permanent deal.

Ruiter was excellent again at Glanford Park in last night’s friendly, just hours after Steele signed a four-year deal.

Grayson confirmed he will sit down with Ruiter’s representatives to see if a deal can be struck.

He said: “He [Robbin] has impressed, he’s been very composed and done everything required.

“He’s made big saves when he’s had to, he’s been very good. We’ll analyse the situation, talk to his representatives and see if there’s a deal to be done.
“I think we were always looking to bring two in, with Jordan and Vito going out.
“You need to carry good goalkeepers. If we get another in, with Robbin, that might allow Max (Stryjek) to go out on loan.
“Robbin has come in and done very well so we’ll see if there’s a deal to be done.”

Steele joined Sunderland in a deal thought to be worth around £500,000 but Grayson said that is no guarantee that he will be first-choice for the upcoming season.
He said: “Neither. That’s how it always has to be, even last year at Preston I started with Anders Lindegaard from Manchester United and after seven games brought in a free transfer from Fleetwood [Chris Maxwell] who was one of the best players we had.
“Competition for places, whether goalkeepers or whatever, that’s what it is all about.
“It’s no secret we’ve needed a goalkeeper, Jason knows the Championship and what it is like, he’s a local lad who needs no introduction to the area and he’s a good acquisition for us.”

Grayson also said Lewis Grabban would bring much-needed versatility and experience up front.
The 29-year-old joins on a season-long loan.
Grayson said: “With Lewis Grabban you’re getting an experienced Championship striker who knows the division.
“He could quite easily have stayed with Bournemouth but swapped one end of the country for the other.
“That shows a good attitude and willingness to get back playing and his experience will be vital as we’re a young team at the top end of the pitch.

“He’s versatile, can play out wide or as a straight number nine, and he’s got goals in him, that’s the main reason we brought him.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 2:03 pm

@SportsPeteO 
Burnley rival Sunderland for goalkeeper Robbin Ruiter. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

HITC Sport understands Burnley could hijack Sunderland move for keeper.
HITC.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum