SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 7:58 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 17
Today at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Today at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Today at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Today at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
Yesterday at 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
Yesterday at 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
Yesterday at 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
Yesterday at 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

» Results Week 16
Yesterday at 1:34 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 1 Bot

catinexile, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Lewis Grabban

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Lewis Grabban

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-26, 7:00 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland have completed the signing of Lewis Grabban on a season-long loan.
The striker arrives from AFC Bournemouth where he scored 36 goals during two spells at the Vitality Stadium.
Simon Grayson’s fifth summer signing has a wealth of Sky Bet Championship experience, while also representing the Cherries and Norwich City in the Premier League.
The 29-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Reading, scoring three goals in 15 appearances at the Madjeski Stadium.
And his performances helped the Royals reach the Sky Bet Championship play-off final – a match he started – as Jaap Stam’s side were beaten on penalties by Huddersfield Town.
Grabban started his career with his local side Crystal Palace, during which time he spent time on loan with Oldham Ahtletic and Motherwell.
Spells with Milwall, Brentford and Rotherham United followed before the striker moved to the Vitality Stadium and struck up a key partnership with Brett Pittman as the Cherries were promoted.
And he equally as important the following campaign, with 22 league goals helping Eddie Howe’s side to a top-half finish.
In June 2014 he signed for Norwich and immediately endeared himself to the Carrow Road faithful with the winner against bitter rivals Ipswich Town, as his goals once again contributed to promotion.
18 months ago the striker returned to Bournemouth before joining Reading on loan earlier this year.

As with most of the incomers, bang on average at best. I just hope that Grayson has a Merlin/L of the R magic wand he is going to need it
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-07-26, 7:10 pm

It's all about getting out of the league,just like the mags did you get in the type of players that are use to this league   and then move them on when It works.
Look at the mags they bought a lot of expensive shite which they thought would have made them great in the premiership and look what happened,once they went down they off loaded the prima donnas.
Short for me is not the main man responsible for our dilemma it has been the managers we have brought in they have brought along players that they have trusted but have been found out.
Remember Short is not a football man,he relied on the so called football men around him,and they failed him.
So why would you throw more and more money at something which has shit on him.
Most of the problem with our beloved club stems from the managers we have had and players that did not or do not have the passion and drive to fight for the club.
Onwards and upwards is what I say,can't wait for the new season and a new era.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 7:13 pm

Rovertsafc wrote:It's all about getting out of the league,just like the mags did you get in the type of players that are use to this league   and then move them on when It works.
Look at the mags they bought a lot of expensive shite which they thought would have made them great in the premiership and look what happened,once they went down they off loaded the prima donnas.
Short for me is not the main man responsible for our dilemma it has been the managers we have brought in they have brought along players that they have trusted but have been found out.
Remember Short is not a football man,he relied on the so called football men around him,and they failed him.
Most of the problem with our beloved club stems from the managers we have had and players that did not or do not have the passion and drive to fight for the club.
The only way to be Rover, sadly I can hear many getting ready for same old Sunderland and Grayson out.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-26, 8:17 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
Rovertsafc wrote:It's all about getting out of the league,just like the mags did you get in the type of players that are use to this league   and then move them on when It works.
The only way to be Rover, sadly I can hear many getting ready for same old Sunderland and Grayson out.

The season has not started yet so no way can  Grayson be blamed for anything.

I presume the Jock pulled out of being our manager cos he was told there were no funds.

Grayson has taken on the job knowing Short is going to be very tight and wants to sell  so I presume he reckons he has nothing to lose

If we get relegated it's not his fault as no money to spend. If we do okay then he gets all the credit
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-07-26, 8:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
You are probably right Syd,but for me I have seen some dross in my life played at the SOL and Roker,and I have heard plenty of managers stating this club has something wrong at the core.
Well Grayson for me has been brought in to do a job,and at the moment he is doing it well,he is slowly weeding out the things that are wrong and if it works it shows that you do not have to pay stupid money for players to make a decent team.
There are people already moaning who is this player who is that player,he can't be any good because we didn't pay millions of pounds for him.,remember Philips,Quinn,Rae,Shwartz,Summerbee,Johnson etc,we paid peanuts for them and what a team we had.
This has to be the way forward it's called value for money
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: