SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Keith Chegwin dies
Today at 1:08 pm by Billy D

» SUNDERLAND V FULHAM--The Match Day Thread
Today at 11:54 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 17
Yesterday at 7:19 pm by oldblackcat

» In plain English please
Yesterday at 6:15 pm by cyprussyd

» Club sale close
Yesterday at 1:18 pm by sunderpitt

» Hi-ho
Yesterday at 9:14 am by Billy D

» Results of week 17 and fixtures for week 18
2017-12-14, 8:05 pm by Mackemneil

» Jerry will be happy
2017-12-14, 7:37 pm by Hieronymus

» BRING A TIN
2017-12-14, 9:24 am by Billy D

» League Table Week 16
2017-12-14, 1:37 am by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Lewis Grabban

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lewis Grabban

Post  vinkel on 2017-07-25, 1:54 pm

Looks like he is the next 1 in, quite honestly i have not heard of him. But then again i haven't heard of most players from less famous teams.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Lewis Grabban

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-25, 2:19 pm

[size=59]Report: Sunderland agree to sign Bournemouth's Lewis Grabban, will travel to Wearside on Wednesday[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

(ON LOAN)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Sunderland have agreed a deal with Bournemouth for the signature of striker Lewis Grabban, with the player expected on Wearside on Wednesday.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] have already tied up deals for four new signings under [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] this summer, with Tyias Browning, Brendan Galloway, Aiden McGeady and James Vaughan all arriving.
Despite landing Vaughan and seeing promise from Joel Asoro and Josh Maja in pre-season, Sunderland are still in the market for another striker having lost Jermain Defoe, Victor Anichebe and Fabio Borini this summer – and another attacker appears to be on the way.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to sign Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban on loan for the season, after he was told he could leave the South Coast by Cherries boss Eddie Howe.
Grabban, 29, enjoyed a superb stint with Bournemouth following a 2012 move from Rotherham United, scoring 35 goals in 86 league games to earn a 2014 move to Norwich, where he found the net 13 times in 44 games.
Bournemouth swooped to re-sign Grabban in January 2016, but he has scored just once in 22 games since that move, and spent the second half of last season on loan at Reading, where he bagged three goals in 16 appearances.
Now surplus to requirements following the arrival of Defoe at Bournemouth, Grabban can move on, and it's claimed that Sunderland have won the race for his signature.
Grabban will now head to Wearside for talks and a medical on Wednesday, in the hope of confirming the deal by the end of the week as Sunderland's recruitment ramps up again.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-25, 2:26 pm

Good and ignore the he is rubbish talk. Trust Grayson.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-07-25, 4:58 pm

How many loan players are we going to sign, everyone linked seems to be on loan.

You can only field 5 loan players in any game, though you can have as many as you want in a squad.

Browning, Galloway plus ??? McCormack?, Grabban?, Greidal?, Wilson?,........
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-25, 5:37 pm

Another body in cheaply...we need bodies...his stats indicate he is bang on average and what we can afford I.e. nowt.

I weep for my club and wish Grayson well...mid table at best
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-07-25, 7:04 pm

Big fat no from me a striker who doesn't score that many is not that great a signing, not even a mediocre signing.
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-25, 7:19 pm

A reality check unfortunately..

I doubt we'll have any significant investment until new owners are sourced ..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-07-25, 7:23 pm

Firmly stuck in reality Silvers and realize that this sort of signing is the best we can do with the lack of funds available however, surely Short must realize that buying decent players and shelling out that little bit extra will make the club a more viable purchase option for any interested parties? Mind you going on the last few seasons maybe not.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-07-25, 7:38 pm

Read with interest that the likes of Vaughan and Grabban are cheap and cheerful acquisitions and Short should get his hand in his pocket ......... again!

Who are the players we should be investing in?, and what levels of expenditure are people thinking is acceptable and sound investment?

We have bitten before with investment in Fletcher, Graham, Rodwell and the like, are these the sort of players we are thinking about. They totalled around £30m!!! This is why Short has become cautious!

Who have other championship sides bought? Boro have bought Assambolonga for £12m compared with Vaughan at 750k. Is he really 16 X better??

I think the players Grayson is looking at, bought or loaned, are the sought of player that might just get us into the play-offs without the risk of high outlay and ridiculous wages.
Mackemneil

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-25, 8:12 pm

If that proves true I will be well pleased.

We will soon know where the squad will be in the league table.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-07-26, 12:33 am

Mackemneil wrote:Read with interest that the likes of Vaughan and Grabban are cheap and cheerful acquisitions and Short should get his hand in his pocket ......... again!

Who are the players we should be investing in?, and what levels of expenditure are people thinking is acceptable and sound investment?

We have bitten before with investment in Fletcher, Graham, Rodwell and the like, are these the sort of players we are thinking about. They totalled around £30m!!! This is why Short has become cautious!

Who have other championship sides bought? Boro have bought Assambolonga for £12m compared with Vaughan at 750k. Is he really 16 X better??

I think the players Grayson is looking at, bought or loaned, are the sought of player that might just get us into the play-offs without the risk of high outlay and ridiculous wages.
Absolute rubbish.....how many players have not been signed for lack of ambition or lack of knowledge?.... Mendy at man city for one. Short is an absolute typical foreign investor in it for one thing.....he's made it now wants out......Surely he could of bit the bullet and at least of spent the money raised from Pickford..... Go back on my post's about a year ago.....I won't say I told you all, but I told you. American tw*t.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-07-26, 12:34 am

League one player......fits doesn't it.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-07-26, 2:57 am

From the outset of the Peter Reid era he signed some no-names that he welded into a handy team so who's to say Grayson cannot do the same.  We have been doing pressure signings for years to maintain our Premier status and ended up failing. What we know for certain then is that pricey players didn't do it in the past and financially we are goosed because of it.

Not looking for replication of Reid years just a TEAM that will do it for one another and that achievement comes from spirit and belief in them all.

All to play for.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-07-26, 5:51 am

Was thinking similar RR, gearing up just in case this season doesn't pan out. How the hell have we got into this state?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-26, 8:14 am

Whilst Grabben doesn't inspire me, I'd rather we went this route than waste it like we have done previously on the likes of Rodwell etc. That way we'll never get out of debt. Maybe Grayson will get a little more once he shows he can be trusted in the transfer market.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 8:23 am

Last season and indeed for a few seasons I have read endless how we must get rid of the dross and start again and that's exactly what's happening.

We are in the claggy stuff not because Short would not spend but because he gave the cash and the people entrusted to spending it spent it badly. Many throw the name Rodwell out but I didn't hear many complain when he was bought.

I'm looking forward to the coming season, looking forward to Saturday and don't have the anger of others, for that this deluded fool is very thankful.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 8:56 am

SUNDERLAND are close to finalising a season-long loan for Lewis Grabban, but have been forced to admit defeat in their pursuit of the Bournemouth striker’s team-mate, Max Gradel.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SUNDERLAND are close to finalising a season-long loan for Lewis Grabban, but have been forced to admit defeat in their pursuit of the Bournemouth…
THENORTHERNECHO.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-07-26, 9:54 am

talcnturnip wrote:Was thinking similar RR, gearing up just in case this season doesn't pan out. How the hell have we got into this state?
Two words......Ellis short.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-07-26, 10:07 am

Roker roar wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:Was thinking similar RR, gearing up just in case this season doesn't pan out. How the hell have we got into this state?
Two words......Ellis short.
Went for gradel got grabban
Seen that happen a few times to us in the past
Went for McCormack will get elphik
Maybe I'm just been a bit synikal
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-26, 10:39 am

cyprussyd wrote:Last season and indeed for a few seasons I have read endless how we must get rid of the dross and start again and that's exactly what's happening.

We are in the claggy stuff not because Short would not spend but because he gave the cash and the people entrusted to spending it spent it badly. Many throw the name Rodwell out but I didn't hear many complain when he was bought.

I'm looking forward to the coming season, looking forward to Saturday and don't have the anger of others, for that this deluded fool is very thankful.
His name is thrown out because it's an example of where we've wasted money. No one at the time knew whether it would work out or not - the manager took a view. The new manager's taking a view on whether his signings will be a positive for Sunderland and until we see what they do for us, we've got to trust him and give them a chance. At least we're not in danger of chucking big money away.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Mackemneil on 2017-07-26, 2:41 pm

Roker roar wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:Read with interest that the likes of Vaughan and Grabban are cheap and cheerful acquisitions and Short should get his hand in his pocket ......... again!

Absolute rubbish.....how many players have not been signed for lack of ambition or lack of knowledge?.... Mendy at man city for one. Short is an absolute typical foreign investor in it for one thing.....he's made it now wants out......Surely he could of bit the bullet and at least of spent the money raised from Pickford..... Go back on my post's about a year ago.....I won't say I told you all, but I told you. American tw*t.
RR, we are all entitled to our opinions and I would not rubbish yours, though I may not agree with you!!!

I am not a great fan of Short, but could you explain for the benefit of the rest of us what this 'thing' is that Short is in it for? If you think its profit, you are miles away from the truth, he may like to make money but he certainly hasn't made any out of SAFC. He has lost money through his own inept man management of managers and board, that's true, and his investments have been poor ............ acting on the advise of so called professional managers, executives and agents!!

Get real RR, we are where we are, the pot is empty, he wants out and he is trying to recover some of his losses. We may not like it, but that is where we are!! the Mendy's Alonso's etc are irrelevant now.
Mackemneil

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-26, 3:33 pm

I am sure that whilst we were in the premier league Short's holding company will have been well imbursed.

However relegation means that honey pot has gone the journey.
Hence it makes financial sense for him to move on.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-07-26, 4:26 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
Roker roar wrote:

RR, we are all entitled to our opinions and I would not rubbish yours, though I may not agree with you!!!

I am not a great fan of Short, but could you explain for the benefit of the rest of us what this 'thing' is that Short is in it for? If you think its profit, you are miles away from the truth, he may like to make money but he certainly hasn't made any out of SAFC. He has lost money through his own inept man management of managers and board, that's true, and his investments have been poor ............ acting on the advise of so called professional managers, executives and agents!!

Get real RR, we are where we are, the pot is empty, he wants out and he is trying to recover some of his losses. We may not like it, but that is where we are!! the Mendy's Alonso's etc are irrelevant now.
200 million in 10 year....shocking and that's why were not in the best league anymore. How much have we made in tv money, advertising,concerts....where's all that gone? Certainly hasn't been used on players. Henderson money, gyan's money, bents money, Pickford money all constitutes of more than we have spent just about since f*ck face took over.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-26, 4:44 pm

Mackemneil wrote:
Roker roar wrote:

I kind of agree Short has spent a lot of money badly, mind many other clubs have done the same. Short's problem  is perhaps he did not expect to lose money. In the English Premier League "losing" £20m a year is probably considered par for the course
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 6:34 pm

Sunderland have completed the signing of Lewis Grabban on a season-long loan.
The striker arrives from AFC Bournemouth where he scored 36 goals during two spells at the Vitality Stadium.
Simon Grayson’s fifth summer signing has a wealth of Sky Bet Championship experience, while also representing the Cherries and Norwich City in the Premier League.
The 29-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Reading, scoring three goals in 15 appearances at the Madjeski Stadium.
And his performances helped the Royals reach the Sky Bet Championship play-off final – a match he started – as Jaap Stam’s side were beaten on penalties by Huddersfield Town.
Grabban started his career with his local side Crystal Palace, during which time he spent time on loan with Oldham Ahtletic and Motherwell.
Spells with Milwall, Brentford and Rotherham United followed before the striker moved to the Vitality Stadium and struck up a key partnership with Brett Pittman as the Cherries were promoted.
And he equally as important the following campaign, with 22 league goals helping Eddie Howe’s side to a top-half finish.
In June 2014 he signed for Norwich and immediately endeared himself to the Carrow Road faithful with the winner against bitter rivals Ipswich Town, as his goals once again contributed to promotion.
18 months ago the striker returned to Bournemouth before joining Reading on loan earlier this year.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: