SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» 4.50 Saturday and then
Today at 4:29 pm by cyprussyd

» The way forward
Today at 4:18 pm by Hieronymus

» Déjà vu
Today at 3:48 pm by cyprussyd

» I had a dream
Today at 3:12 pm by Hieronymus

» Grayson out
Today at 2:00 pm by cyprussyd

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:25 am by Silvers

» Mr H will be delighted
Today at 9:57 am by Hieronymus

» Some good news
Yesterday at 7:42 pm by cyprussyd

» Universal Credit
Yesterday at 7:30 pm by cyprussyd

» Sunderland v Bristol City/Bolton
Yesterday at 7:25 pm by sunderpitt

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Scunthorpe United v Sunderland Match Day Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Scunthorpe United v Sunderland Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-22, 4:51 pm

Scunthorpe United v Sunderland
Wed 26 Jul
KO 19.30
Glanford Park

Last game before we welcome Celtic to the SoL.
What will the team be?

Last edited by cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Scunthorpe United v Sunderland Match Day Thread

Post  vinkel on 2017-07-22, 7:52 pm

Seems Grayson is finding his preferred side.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-24, 8:21 am

RUITER
JONES  BROWNING  O'SHEA  GALLOWAY
LENS NDONG  CATTERMOLE KHAZRI
VAUGHAN MAJA
mika   asoro, gibson honeyman kone pappy, mccready

We may get a clue over the future of Lens, Khazri and Kone. Will Mccready start and either Lens or Khazri on the bench and will Kone start?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 8:45 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 11:42 am

Sunderland will face their penultimate pre-season test on Wednesday evening when they travel to Glanford Park to take on Scunthorpe United (7.45pm).
Simon Grayson’s side enter the match with momentum having picked up two wins on the bounce, and the Black Cats boss will be hoping to have further options available against the Iron...
PENULTIMATE TEST
The Sky Bet Championship season is just under a week away with Sunderland set to host Derby County in just nine days. A summer of change has seen a number of players depart with others coming through the door, as new manager Grayson shapes his side ahead of the upcoming campaign. James Vaughan is likely to lead the line once more and the striker will be hoping to open his account ahead of the new season, but it remains to be seen if Josh Maja features after limping off in Saturday’s 3-2 win over Bradford City. The youngster has found the net in each of his last two games, with a penalty at Victoria Park preceding his fourth strike of pre-season.
BEHIND ENEMY LINES
Scunthorpe manager Graham Alexander is likely to field his strongest starting XI on Wednesday, with the Scunthorpe manager expecting his players to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Luke Williams, Lewis Butroid and Sam Mantom will miss out, but new signing Funso Ojo is expected to feature after impressing during the Iron’s pre-season tour of Austria. Wednesday’s game will be Scunthorpe’s sixth outing so far and they’ve tasted defeat on just one occasion – a 4-0 loss at Grimsby Town – having beaten North Ferriby United, SK Strobl and SV Austria Salzburg, with the latter two ending in 6-0 victories.
MCGEADY DEBUT

Sunderland fans will be hoping to catch a glimpse of Aiden McGeady at Glanford Park, with the winger yet to make his debut in red and white. The 31-year-old signed on the dotted line just under two weeks ago, but after building his fitness on Wearside as his team-mates played north of the border, he suffered a slight injury and was ruled out of last week’s games against Hartlepool and Bradford. But speaking after that win at Valley Parade, Grayson revealed that he hopes to have McGeady available against the Iron. And it would appear likely after the Republic of Ireland international [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ahead of the game.
SOL RETURN ON THE HORIZON
Following this Wednesday’s game at Glanford Park, just 48 hours will stand between the Black Cats and a return to the Stadium of Light with Celtic preparing to travel to Wearside. The clash against Brendan Rodgers’ side will mark the final test before next week’s league opener against Derby County, with all eyes on Grayson’s men as they put the final touches to their pre-season preparations. And places are still up for grabs not only in the matchday squad against the Rams but perhaps the starting XI, so the next two games are likely to shape the manager’s plans for opening day.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 6:43 pm

Aiden McGeady will make his first start for Sunderland as the Lads face Scunthorpe United at Glanford Park tonight.
The former Celtic man starts alongside fellow new signings James Vaughan and Brendan Galloway.
Youngsters Joel Asoro and Eliot Embleton both make the starting XI tonight, with triallist stopper Robbin Ruiter making the line-up once again, following his display at Bradford City on Saturday.

Sunderland: Ruiter, Matthews, Galloway, Gibson, O’Shea (c), Kone, Asoro, Embleton, Vaughan, Honeyman, McGeady.
Subs: Khazri, Mika, Love, Cattermole, Jones, Ndong, E Robson, Beadling

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-26, 6:53 pm

It is off interest who scores the goals tonight and who will be staying once the window opens. 

The Boro have splashed the cash so who between us will be likely promotion candidates
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 6:55 pm

sunderpitt wrote:It is off interest who scores the goals tonight and who will be staying once the window opens. 

The Boro have splashed the cash so who between us will be likely promotion candidates
I don't think many Sunderland fans are even looking at promotion, steadying a sinking ship is this seasons ambition

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-26, 7:02 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:It is off interest who scores the goals tonight and who will be staying once the window opens. 

I don't think many Sunderland fans are even looking at promotion, steadying a sinking ship is this seasons ambition

Sadly Std I suspect you are prescient
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-07-26, 8:12 pm

I hope we score
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-26, 9:55 pm

Vincemac wrote:

I hope we score

It seems we did not score...does this indicate a mid-table spot never mind promotion unlikely? If we cannot score we cannot win and if we cannot win we will end up with few points
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-26, 9:57 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

I hope we score

It seems we did not score...does this indicate a mid-table spot never mind promotion unlikely? If we cannot score we cannot win and if we cannot win we will end up with few points
0h Sunders, you do depress me, you just right off the goals we have scored. Those goals won't make us champions and this draw won't make us fail.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-27, 7:46 am

i take in nothing from pre season friendlies. Lets start judging ten games in.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-27, 8:43 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

I hope we score

0h Sunders, you do depress me, you just right off the goals we have scored. Those goals won't make us champions and this draw won't make us fail.

When "in the managers own assessment of the game is that we were not very bright up front" albeit in a pre-season friendly, alarm bells start ringing for me...if you choose to ignore such indications, that is just "head in the sand" posture
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-27, 10:02 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

I hope we score

When "in the managers own assessment of the game is that we were not very bright up front" albeit in a pre-season friendly, alarm bells start ringing for me...if you choose to ignore such indications, that is just "head in the sand" posture
Or maybe its a more realistic it wasn't our first choice starting 11, my heads not in the sand I just don't jump on any negative I can find.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-07-27, 10:10 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

I hope we score

Or maybe its a more realistic it wasn't our first choice starting 11, my heads not in the sand I just don't jump on any negative I can find.
We have to find the right mix of strikers first.
Let's wate and see what happens first game next week
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-27, 10:25 am

Vincemac wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
Vincemac wrote:

I hope we score

We have to find the right mix of strikers first.
Let's wate and see what happens first game next week
me Vince, well i wont be jumping on anyone's back after the first game thats for sure. SG needs time.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum