SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 1:11 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Today at 1:02 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Tina anybody?
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:31 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 10
Today at 7:50 am by oldblackcat

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd, gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

So sad, RIP Dagmara Przybysz

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So sad, RIP Dagmara Przybysz

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-22, 11:06 am

“Not the best day at school, people saying things about me because I am from Poland. I don’t even know their names.”
Dagmara Przybysz, a 16-year-old Polish-born pupil in Cornwall and a talented photographer, was found hanging in the toilets of her school last May.
An inquest carried out this week found that the teenager had been on the receiving end of racist bullying in the lead up to her tragic and untimely death. Details of her being called a “stupid Pole” and being told to “go back to her own country” by fellow pupils at Pool Academy emerged.
At the age of 16 she was looking forward to her year 11 prom, shopping for a dress with her mum for the occasion and getting on the career ladder. But she had also told her parents and boyfriend that she was having issues with some of her classmates and had overheard racist comments.
Dagmara’s mother, Ewelina, read out a statement about her daughter at the inquest in which she described her as a “very beautiful lady”. She went on to say that she got on better with boys than girls, most of her friends attended a different school and that she was aware of problems with one particular girl who would “call her names”.
“I don’t know exactly what was said,” she says. “This incident occurred only a few days before Dagmara passed away … I don’t know whether these incidents were racist in nature; however, I can say that on several occasions she overheard comments such as ‘stupid Pole’.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Lewis Simpson, Dagmara’s boyfriend at the time of her death, explained that they met at primary school and had dated on and off since. He spoke of racist comments made towards her, such as “go back to your own country”. He said: “I think it got to her a little bit.”
One message that Lewis received from his girlfriend read: “Not the best day at school, people saying things about me because I am from Poland. I don’t even know their names.”
The inquest, which took place at Cornwall Coroner’s Court, heard that Dagmara was taken to hospital by her uncle, Tomasz Dobek, the day before she died. She had injured herself by punching a wall during a PE lesson after some girls were laughing at her.
Mr Dobek said that during the drive to the hospital they saw the girls in question and Dagmara asked: “Can you run them over?” But he did not think the comment was a serious one. Dagmara called him the next morning at around 6:00 while he was at work. She was crying and saying she had taken some tablets.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Dagmara’s father, Jedrzej, said: “She said she had problems at school which I would not understand.” He added that it did not look like she had taken tablets, so they sent her to school.
“My wife and I kept wondering whether we should have kept Dagmara home that day, but there was no physical sign that she had taken any tablets, otherwise we would have taken her to hospital.”
The coroner recorded an open verdict on the death. When asked if bullying or racism played a part in the incident, he said: “I am unable to say.” But, regardless of whether this was the case, the heartbreaking story of Dagmara serves as a reminder of the devastating impact that hate crime can have on a victim’s everyday life.
[size=19]Have you been affected by any of the issues raised in this article? If so, call Samaritans on their free 24-hour hotline on 116 123.
[/size]

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: So sad, RIP Dagmara Przybysz

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-22, 11:15 am

A bit of fun, a laugh to some is unhappy abuse to others

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-07-22, 11:24 am

That's shocking and tragic!  Sad Sad

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-22, 12:24 pm

I have a lot of time for the Poles.

After all the free Poles assisted us in the Battle of Britain..

Alas, locally I have a lot of anti polish rhetoric ..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-22, 12:29 pm

I can understand concern over immigration numbers, don't agree but do understand but picking on one nationality I find strange.

I think many know that Annette has just spent time in hospital, people should go there and see just what these nasty immigrants are doing for our sick.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-23, 12:37 pm

some people do not understand a so called harmless comment to them can have a major effect on the receiver.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-07-23, 1:37 pm

Read about this earlier this week....beautiful girl seemingly being bullied for being an immigrant....tragic loss
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-24, 10:24 am

I have a little Polish story 

Back at the dawn of time (70s actually) I lived in West London where the Polish War memorial stood recognising the contribution the Poles made in the fight against the Germans. I used to play a 20 20 over cricket game mid week and came home one time and found a very drunk elderly gentleman collapsed at my front gate. I lived in a long road called Adelaide road which ran parallel to Sydney road. I checked his address from his wallet and found he lived at 67 Sydney I lived 67 Adelaide.  I managed to put him in the back of my Nissan Sunny estate and popped him round to his house
 The from door was open (his daughter was put looking for him) i fireman lifted onto the sofa in his front room. The next day the gentleman and his daughter came round with a very nice bottle of vodka, to say thanks. He said he had been to his former squadrons reunion and got very drunk and confused. His daughter said he kept saying he was rescued by an angel... I explained I was wearing cricket whites and we all had a good laugh

The trolls picking on that young woman need to jailed
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-24, 10:32 am

sunderpitt wrote:I have a little Polish story 

Back at the dawn of time (70s actually) I lived in West London where the Polish War memorial stood recognising the contribution the Poles made in the fight against the Germans. I used to play a 20 20 over cricket game mid week and came home one time and found a very drunk elderly gentleman collapsed at my front gate. I lived in a long road called Adelaide road which ran parallel to Sydney road. I checked his address from his wallet and found he lived at 67 Sydney I lived 67 Adelaide.  I managed to put him in the back of my Nissan Sunny estate and popped him round to his house
 The from door was open (his daughter was put looking for him) i fireman lifted onto the sofa in his front room. The next day the gentleman and his daughter came round with a very nice bottle of vodka, to say thanks. He said he had been to his former squadrons reunion and got very drunk and confused. His daughter said he kept saying he was rescued by an angel... I explained I was wearing cricket whites and we all had a good laugh

APPL APPL APPL APPL

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-24, 5:32 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I have a little Polish story 

Love your stories sunders! Very Happy

In those days we thought nothing of helping another human being.  In fact any of us would go quite far out of our way, like you did, to help. Wonder how the same events would pan out today? The tragic events of the OP suggest a quite different outcome Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  scarf67 on 2017-07-27, 11:02 pm

thats terrible, best wishes to her family and friends
scarf67

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 12:30 pm

scarf67 wrote:thats terrible, best wishes to her family and friends
Sadly some kids think it's a laugh

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum