SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 1:11 pm by cyprussyd

» Big pants
Today at 1:02 pm by gil t azell

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Tina anybody?
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:31 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 10
Today at 7:50 am by oldblackcat

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 2 Bots

canary-dave, cyprussyd, gil t azell

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Assisted dying

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Assisted dying

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-17, 6:45 pm

For people with terminal disease, Yes or No

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Assisted dying

Post  canary-dave on 2017-07-17, 7:28 pm

If they know and it's what they want, then yes. But if they are not in a position to communicate their wishes, then no!

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-17, 8:08 pm

Yes, if they have the capacity to make their own decision, or if they made a living will when they were compos mentis or physically still able to do so, confirming this is their wish.

Everyone has the riight to choose when they die, at a time that suits them, monitored by medical staff and in a kind and gentle way that makes it easier for them and their families.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-07-17, 8:09 pm

Yes

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-17, 8:40 pm

Yes
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-07-17, 8:56 pm

Yes under certain circumstances.
If you kept a terminally ill dog alive you'd be arrested.
Yet it's the other way around for a person.
Their suffering has to be prolonged because the wanker MP's who know everything say so.
Tossers.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-17, 9:23 pm

cyprussyd wrote:For people with terminal disease, Yes or No

I may have dropped hints that I have had in the past had serious health issues. My personal view as a result of this is to needlessly suffer is not on....medics by and large just increase morphine dose to aid exit...that is the right idea
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-17, 9:46 pm

cyprussyd wrote:For people with terminal disease, Yes or No

I may have dropped hints that I have had in the past had serious health issues. My personal view as a result of this is to needlessly suffer is not on....medics by and large just increase morphine dose to aid exit...that is the right idea
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-07-18, 7:37 am

The ex-husband of a rellie in Oregon chose to take this route just a couple of weeks ago in their Death with Dignity system.  He had suffered Cancer for about fifteen years and the day before it was done he had his four sons with him and he made his peace with the world at his own pace and time. All round it was as tasteful as death can be which is no bad thing.

It is a route I would take given the option.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cretanmakem on 2017-07-18, 8:34 am

100% YES

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-18, 8:59 am

I find it a question that can be easy to answer quickly but then you think about it. Like many life's experience can sway your vote, I think of my mam who since I was a child would say,"Please never put me in a home". Sadly dementia visited and in a home she ended. Most visits she thought I was my dad and lost reality but when I took my grandson in she knew him immediately, not sure what that tells us. But yes in her last year if I could I would. But then I remember my dad and his last year, stricken with cancer, all food liquidised, quality of life zero but, he was with his family. His last days saw him in hospital surrounded by his family and he seemed to die at peace so for him no. And therein is my problem.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-07-18, 10:13 am

Going on from my initial YES, i would go as far as to say this should be available to everyone whatever the circumstance? It is your life and you should have the choice of when you go.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-18, 10:47 am

vinkel wrote:Going on from my initial YES, i would go as far as to say this should be available to everyone whatever the circumstance? It is your life and you should have the choice of when you go.
I agree. Even if you are not terminally ill if you live with chronic pain, or know you will have the horrifying death that motor neurone dsease and its ilk bring, then it should be your choice.

Personally I think the will to live is very strong in most people and few people would take the option too soon, and as long as you are mentally competent then it should always be your decision.

In fact if the law was changed so you knew you COULD die with dignity towards the end of your life, in your way, with your loved ones around you, perhaps that would stop some early deaths, because the worry of dying in agony, in a medicalised environment would be removed.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-18, 10:53 am

Nostalgic wrote:The ex-husband of a rellie in Oregon chose to take this route just a couple of weeks ago in their Death with Dignity system.  He had suffered Cancer for about fifteen years and the day before it was done he had his four sons with him and he made his peace with the world at his own pace and time. All round it was as tasteful as death can be which is no bad thing.

It is a route I would take given the option.
Me too. And that peace and sense of closure, will comfort your relatives family, as it has you, and surely that is what we all should have the chance to experience?

Who wants to see their loved one suffer any more than they have to?  I know, despite the grief, there is also relief at the end, knowing that the dearly loved person in front of you is no longer in pain.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-18, 11:07 am

cyprussyd wrote:I find it a question that can be easy to answer quickly but then you think about it. Like many life's experience can sway your vote, I think of my mam who since I was a child would say,"Please never put me in a home". Sadly dementia visited and in a home she ended. Most visits she thought I was my dad and lost reality but when I took my grandson in she knew him immediately, not sure what that tells us. But yes in her last year if I could I would. But then I remember my dad and his last year, stricken with cancer, all food liquidised, quality of life zero but, he was with his family. His last days saw him in hospital surrounded by his family and he seemed to die at peace so for him no. And therein is my problem.
Yes, dementia and Alzheimers are the tricky ones, because it is hard to assess the quality of life I guess. But it always has to be seen from the person concerned point of view, not ours looking on. You can usually tell if someone is happy in themself and that is the key.

The answer really in these cases is better support at home until this is no longer possible then professional geriatric nursing homes where excellent care is the priority, and better understanding by medical professionals of what dementia does to families as much as the person concerned. Sadly the reality is very different, and that terrifies me too.

But for your dad, with your and his other family members, support perhaps he got all he needed to give him the quality of life HE wanted, even if it looked limited from your perspective. If he had had the choice before the cancer progressed, perhaps he would have taken a different route though? That is my main issue, we don't get the choice and we should.
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  scarf67 on 2017-07-26, 4:53 pm

id have to go with yes if it is what someone requests, surley its a persons own right to choose if they live or not. Theres an argument as to whether or not they are making a concious decision, but if they arent going to regain enough conciousness and standard of life to make such a decision then its yes again, the family should know what the person would want in such an event
scarf67

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-31, 8:54 am

yes

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Steveo143 on 2017-08-01, 9:01 pm

Yes like as my nan used to say if u can't let a dog suffer why can u let a human Crying or Very sad
Steveo143

Back to top Go down

Post  scarf67 on 2017-08-02, 5:55 pm

you are beyond handsome steveo!!!!
scarf67

Back to top Go down

Post  Steveo143 on 2017-08-02, 7:28 pm

yipeee
Steveo143

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-08-02, 9:20 pm

scarf67 wrote:id have to go with yes if it is what someone requests, surley its a persons own right to choose if they live or not. Theres an argument as to whether or not they are making a concious decision, but if they arent going to regain enough conciousness and standard of life to make such a decision then its yes again, the family should know what the person would want in such an event
Difficult
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum