SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» Sundamad memories
Today at 9:50 am by cyprussyd

» Can you help please?
Today at 9:29 am by canary-dave

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 9:02 am by cretanmakem

» 2 weeks today
Today at 8:19 am by cyprussyd

» Bradford City v Sunderland
Today at 7:56 am by cyprussyd

» Daryl Murphy
Today at 7:24 am by Roker roar

» When people ask me why, this is why
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 55
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by MrRAWhite

» Sunderland v Celtic
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by cyprussyd

» Proud dad
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, mackem72

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Just back from Bradleys farewell --The Bradley Lowery Thread

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Just back from Bradleys farewell --The Bradley Lowery Thread

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Condolence page on Facebook

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:16 pm

The Yakker wrote:Tonight i sit here thinking how lucky i am, my 2 sons grew up without an ailment, minor scratches, broken bones and a couple of scars, yet we have  young  bradley never had a chance, ill from 18 months, could have been earlier How firking lucky we are.
All the shit in this world and kids are dying of things that we old people have never herd of.
I know the family and i will speak to them later, but what they are going through i would not like to come close.
My thoughts are with the ones left behind, the ones that haveto grieve, the ones that haveto explain to the young ones that he has left, the ones that answer the questions as to why.
I hope there is a place that kids go to when they die young, a place that they can have fun and be happy.
Rest in peace young man watch over the ones that are left behind, our life will be worse without you, good night and god bless
Lovely post.

Goodnght and God bless Bradley. A shining star in a season of darkness for SAFC fans.

My thoughts and prayers are with Bradley's family and friends who, despite knowing this terrible day would come, must be feeling utterly bereft and lost. I did not know him personally, but am also grieving for him today, as a symbol of every child suffering from an incurable illness. Children who teach us all about bravery, courage, friendship, the true meaning of life and, most of all, about unconditional love ❤️❤️❤️
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Bradley's funeral

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 pm

I know this is on the RIP thread but thought I would highlight it for anyone who intends going, I know a few are.

Bradley's funeral will be held on Friday 14th of July, starting 11:15 at: 

St. Josephs R.c Church
Coast road 
BLackhall colliery 
TS27 4HW

This is open to everyone who would like to come and celebrate Bradley's life and pay their respects to show him how much he was loved. 
Not everyone will fit in the church but they are having speakers for people to listen to the service outside and people can line the streets if they wish to do so.
They will then be having invite only private ceremony at a crematorium.
The family have requested for no media to be there unless they are not working and attending to pay their respects.
You can wear what ever you want for the funeral but the family and friends have chosen the theme cancer has no colours. So they are wearing football tops it doesn't matter what team or colour.
Due to Bradley's popularity they would like family flowers only and if you would like to make a donation this can be made to the Bradley lowery foundation.

Last edited by cyprussyd on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:42 pm

Not a neck of the woods i frequent, so i have been looking at the best way to get there. I imagine parking will be difficult as i assume there are going to be a hell of a lot of folk there. Still intending going. Will be wearing my 1937 sunderland shirt. (replica of course ).

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:12 pm

vinkel wrote:Not a neck of the woods i frequent, so i have been looking at the best way to get there. I imagine parking will be difficult as i assume there are going to be a hell of a lot of folk there. Still intending going. Will be wearing my 1937 sunderland shirt. (replica of course ).
Lots of side streets but depends on how many the police cordon off.
I am in Scotland sadly so cant make it.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:45 pm

40,000 and climbing [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Chris Collier via Change.org to youshow details[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Chris Collier just posted an update on Sunderland AFC: Rename the East Stand of the Sunderland Stadium of Light to 'The Bradley Lowery Stand'.
40,000 and climbing
An amazing day today. I did an interview, which went out on ITV Tyne Tees. We also hit the 40,000 mark. Thank you to everyone who has signed and shared. Finally, we have a new link!
Read full update

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:01 pm

vinkel wrote:Not a neck of the woods i frequent, so i have been looking at the best way to get there. I imagine parking will be difficult as i assume there are going to be a hell of a lot of folk there. Still intending going. Will be wearing my 1937 sunderland shirt. (replica of course ).
A19 south come off at Blackhall/wingate flyover head towards Blackhall that road leeds straight to Church on ya left 
Then look for street to park
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:20 pm

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:54 am

cyprussyd wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
like Sad

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:59 pm

Change of plan after consultants visit with Annette, Scotland cancelled so hope to be in Blackhall Friday to pay my respects.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:09 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Change of plan after consultants visit with Annette, Scotland cancelled so hope to be in Blackhall Friday to pay my respects.
I will give you a wave, you will recognise me cos i'll be wearing a sunderland shirt.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:19 pm

vinkel wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Change of plan after consultants visit with Annette, Scotland cancelled so hope to be in Blackhall Friday to pay my respects.
I will give you a wave, you will recognise me cos i'll be wearing a sunderland shirt.
I will be the tall slim distinguished man in the other Sunderland shirt.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 am

Even the True Geordie has a good piece about Bradley
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:43 pm

Tuesday, 11 July 2017

Temporary traffic arrangements in Blackhall for Bradley's funeral

We have received the following information from the traffic network management section at county hall relating to a request from Durham police for stopping-up orders to limit traffic through Blackhall on Friday morning. Contact details for queries are shown at the bottom of this post:

I have been asked by Durham Constabulary to process a temporary traffic order in association with the proposed funeral for Bradley Lowery in Blackhall Colliery this Friday.

Temporary road closures will be sanctioned between 0900 and 1900 hrs as attached plan and as detailed below

NO VEHICLES OTHER THAN THE FUNERAL CORTEGE AND BLUE LIGHT VEHICLES WILL BE PERMITTED THROUGH THE ROAD CLOSURES.

ROAD CLOSURES

PHASE ONE

From 1030 hours the A1086 Coast Road and B1281 Hesleden Road will be closed to ALL vehicles as highlighted red on the attached plan.

At the same time an additional softer road closure will be introduced shown yellow on the attached plan which will prevent vehicles entering northbound beyond Mickle Hill Road junction toward the main closure highlighted red, but allow some residents out from the southern end of the closure. This also allows traffic the option of leaving the area via Hesleden.

PHASE TWO

At a time to be determined on the day following the cortège arriving at the Church and the majority of spectators lining the route dispersing from that section of road the length of road closure on the A1086 road shown in red will be reduced to south east of Hesleden Road. The soft closure shown yellow will remain.

This will allow the use of unclassified Hesleden Road to the north be used as an alternative route toward the A19(T).

REMOVAL OF ROAD CLOSURES

The road closures will be lifted at the discretion of the Police Commander subject to:

• safety considerations around the volume of pedestrians in the locality

• the clearing of the route of any flowers etc. by Durham County Council

It is hoped that this can be removed by 1230 hours.

Temporary Speed Restriction

[size][size]

A temporary lower speed limit on B1281 between A1086 and Unc Hesleden Road junction

PARKING

Dedicated Parking

[/size][/size]

• An area of land located at the end of First Street adjacent to Corry Close will be made available for parking.

• Signs will be placed on the A1086 Coast Road to direct people to this parking area via First Street.

• Access to this car parking area will only be available until 1030 hours after which the A1086 road will be closed.

• Egress from the car park will only be achieved when the road closure of the A1086 road is removed.

B1281 No Parking

• In consideration of parking obstruction and road safety no vehicles will be permitted to park on the eastern section of the B1281 road which forms a long sweeping left bend with limited forward visibility.

• Durham County Council will place wooden stakes into the grassed verge with No Parking Signs attached to dissuade this practice.

• The locality will be patrolled by the Police.

Regards,

[size][size]

Steven Galloway

Durham County Council

TTRO Officer

Regeneration and Local Services

Network Management Room 4/60-61

County Hall

Durham

DH1 5UQ

Tel. no. 03000 267095

[/size][/size]
[size]

Posted by Rob Crute and Lynn Pounder at 6:08 [/size]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:26 pm

Just passed the grass area opposite the church, the bigest marquee ive ever seen getting erected
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:09 pm

The Yakker wrote:Just passed the grass area opposite the church, the bigest marquee ive ever seen getting erected
Advice please yakker, I really want to pay my respects at the funeral but after reading the road closures and restrictions I am concerned, my legs don't take me far these days so any walk is out. I was hoping to get there early and find a street around the church but that now looks a none starter. Is there anywhere near I could park or am I better staying at home with my thoughts?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:44 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
The Yakker wrote:Just passed the grass area opposite the church, the bigest marquee ive ever seen getting erected
Advice please yakker, I really want to pay my respects at the funeral but after reading the road closures and restrictions I am concerned, my legs don't take me far these days so any walk is out. I was hoping to get there early and find a street around the church but that now looks a none starter. Is there anywhere near I could park or am I better staying at home with my thoughts?
What ive heard the village is going to be shut off, theres plenty of streets to park in but how far from the church is any ones guess.
Some people are just going to line the street, it all depends on how sharp you get there i supose most of my mates will be straight in Marquee ha
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:52 pm

The Yakker wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
What ive heard the village is going to be shut off, theres plenty of streets to park in but how far from the church is any ones guess.
Some people are just going to line the street, it all depends on how sharp you get there i supose most of my mates will be straight in Marquee ha

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Bradley lowery's fight against neuroblastoma
18 mins · 

Can I ask people not to approach anyone tomorrow for autographs or photos. Everyone is at the funeral to pay their respects and say goodbye.
Thank you for your cooperation and il try speak to as many as I can at the wake.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Heartless thugs in South Tyneside have daubed offensive graffiti on a shirt hung up in tribute to inspirational youngster Bradley Lowery.

Heartless thugs deface Bradley Lowery tribute shirt with offensive graffiti
Heartless thugs in South Tyneside have daubed offensive graffiti on a shirt hung up in tribute to…
SHIELDSGAZETTE.COM

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:46 pm

Jermain Defoe has left Bournemouth's pre-season training camp in Spain to travel back to England to attend the funeral of Bradley Lowery on Friday. 

Read more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:36 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Heartless thugs in South Tyneside have daubed offensive graffiti on a shirt hung up in tribute to inspirational youngster Bradley Lowery.

Heartless thugs in South Tyneside have daubed offensive graffiti on a shirt hung up in tribute to…
SHIELDSGAZETTE.COM

You have to feel sorry for the sick bastard who has done this, they obviously have not one ounce of humanity in their bodies,they are to be pitied as sub-human species!  bang

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm

canary-dave wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Heartless thugs in South Tyneside have daubed offensive graffiti on a shirt hung up in tribute to inspirational youngster Bradley Lowery.

SHIELDSGAZETTE.COM

You have to feel sorry for the sick bastard who has done this, they obviously have not one ounce of humanity in their bodies,they are to be pitied as sub-human species!  bang
Yes Dave, I have met some nasty bastards in my day but hand on heart, I don't think I have met anyone who would do that.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the new shirt which was hung up outside The Clock today. DANIEL PRINCE Email

Heartless thugs in South Tyneside have daubed offensive graffiti on a shirt hung up in tribute to inspirational youngster Bradley Lowery. A Sunderland AFC shirt with a heartfelt message to Bradley, who died aged six after a long battle with neuroblastoma last week, had been put up outside the Clock Pub, on Victoria Road East, Hebburn. To think someone could do that, when everyone is thinking about Bradley, is disgusting Andrea Howe However, a swear word was daubed over the message sometime early this morning. The damage was discovered this morning, and the pub’s manager, Andrea Howe, has told of her disgust. She said: “We’ve checked the cameras, but unfortunately we can’t see anything. “The pub was locked up at midnight, so it happened sometime after that. “It’s disgusting. I’m leaving it up so the public can see just how despicable it is. “Whoever did it are scumbags.
“To think someone could do that, when everyone is thinking about Bradley, is disgusting. “Anyone can get cancer – how would they feel if it was one of their family members?” The shirt had been posted on the fence outside the pub last Friday, on the day Bradley died. Today, another Sunderland shirt was hung up, with the message ‘RIP Bradley. Cancer has no colours and neither do we’.
The vandalism has disgusted many of those in the area, who had been paying their respects to the youngster. Kerry Neale, 42, from Hebburn, said: “Someone has defaced the tribute to Bradley with an offensive word. “There’s no way they wouldn’t have been able to see that it was a tribute to Bradley. “There’s just no need for it. What sort of scumbag does that? “That doesn’t represent the people of Hebburn at all.

“We put children and things like this before football.” The message on the shirt read ‘There is only one Bradley Lowery, rest in peace love. Alan and Yvonne xxx.’ Kerry added: “Everybody knows why it’s there, but someone has obviously taken issue with the football shirt. “It’s awful that someone would do that. “There are other tribute to Bradley in the area, and it’s sickening that someone would deface it. “We want those responsible to be caught. It’s just not acceptable.”
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:25 pm

silvers wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is the new shirt which was hung up outside The Clock today. DANIEL PRINCE Email

Heartless thugs in South Tyneside have daubed offensive graffiti on a shirt hung up in tribute to inspirational youngster Bradley Lowery. A Sunderland AFC shirt with a heartfelt message to Bradley, who died aged six after a long battle with neuroblastoma last week, had been put up outside the Clock Pub, on Victoria Road East, Hebburn. To think someone could do that, when everyone is thinking about Bradley, is disgusting Andrea Howe However, a swear word was daubed over the message sometime early this morning. The damage was discovered this morning, and the pub’s manager, Andrea Howe, has told of her disgust. She said: “We’ve checked the cameras, but unfortunately we can’t see anything. “The pub was locked up at midnight, so it happened sometime after that. “It’s disgusting. I’m leaving it up so the public can see just how despicable it is. “Whoever did it are scumbags.
“To think someone could do that, when everyone is thinking about Bradley, is disgusting. “Anyone can get cancer – how would they feel if it was one of their family members?” The shirt had been posted on the fence outside the pub last Friday, on the day Bradley died. Today, another Sunderland shirt was hung up, with the message ‘RIP Bradley. Cancer has no colours and neither do we’.
The vandalism has disgusted many of those in the area, who had been paying their respects to the youngster. Kerry Neale, 42, from Hebburn, said: “Someone has defaced the tribute to Bradley with an offensive word. “There’s no way they wouldn’t have been able to see that it was a tribute to Bradley. “There’s just no need for it. What sort of scumbag does that? “That doesn’t represent the people of Hebburn at all.

“We put children and things like this before football.” The message on the shirt read ‘There is only one Bradley Lowery, rest in peace love. Alan and Yvonne xxx.’ Kerry added: “Everybody knows why it’s there, but someone has obviously taken issue with the football shirt. “It’s awful that someone would do that. “There are other tribute to Bradley in the area, and it’s sickening that someone would deface it. “We want those responsible to be caught. It’s just not acceptable.”
Look above

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: