SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 12:06 pm by silvers

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Today at 12:01 pm by silvers

» Watmore and Maja
Today at 9:42 am by talcnturnip

» Report: Sunderland want to sign Brentford’s Ryan Woods in January
Today at 9:06 am by talcnturnip

» Labour Party Conference
Today at 7:47 am by Billy D

» Quiz 65
Today at 6:54 am by Nostalgic

» Bradley Lowery Foundation
Today at 4:06 am by canary-dave

» Wow...just wow.
Today at 12:51 am by Roker roar

» The clever money...
Today at 12:37 am by Roker roar

» Thank you Brighton
Today at 12:24 am by Roker roar

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, Hieronymus

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Cattermole

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lee Barry Cattermole

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-10, 9:51 pm

Born: 21 March 1988 (age 29), Stockton-on-Tees

Divides opinion but IMO will be immense for us in the championship, leader, battler,winner.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Cattermole

Post  The Yakker on 2017-07-10, 10:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Born: 21 March 1988 (age 29), Stockton-on-Tees

Divides opinion but IMO will be immense for us in the championship, leader, battler,winner.
Ill go with that
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-07-10, 10:14 pm

... if he stays injury free.

That's a BIGGIE ..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-11, 9:28 am

Divides opinion alright. Lost all his faith in his ability and if his so called effort on the pitch galvanises others, why have we been so poor for so long watching match after match where players don't look as if they can be bothered? I might be totally wrong but I suspect he's a poor influence off the pitch as well. I'd get rid but I don't reckon they'd be many takers.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-11, 11:55 am

he missed a lot of last season and we get relegated. Catts not playing a big reason we dropped.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-11, 1:43 pm

barrowmackem wrote:he missed a lot of last season and we get relegated. Catts not playing a big reason we dropped.

Righto, 'cos the last few seasons when he's been playing more, we've won loads of games with him in the side!

You could just as well say we got relegated because Watmore was injured for most of it, but even though he's a decent player, that wouldn't be true either. It's a combination of factors all coming together, I just don't see Cattermole's injury as one of the bigger ones.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-07-11, 2:01 pm

Catts .. very limited ability at Premier level.

Perhaps the fizzy pop will be better suited for him..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 4:32 pm

I can only speak on what I see and I see a combative midfielder who can and does drive the team forward and make some very good passes.

For me the first name on the team sheet

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-11, 5:47 pm

cyprussyd wrote:Born: 21 March 1988 (age 29), Stockton-on-Tees

Not our best talented player but gives 100% and plenty of determination, will be important for us if he can keep fit
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-07-11, 6:33 pm

He only played 8 first team games last season.

We need a lot more out of him this season and he needs to keep his cool.
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-11, 7:25 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I can only speak on what I see and I see a combative midfielder who can and does drive the team forward and make some very good passes.

For me the first name on the team sheet
We all speak on what we see and  I see a bloke wbo can't pass and tries to make up for his lack of talent by running around  headless, but preferably into opposition players. 

If he manages to do a job in the championship then great but my vote's for freshening up the team and removing the old dross. Not that I've  got a strong view on it or anything. i must get off the fence.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-07-11, 10:11 pm

Judging the team as the sum as all of its parts then he is the lubricant that oils the cogs. A greyhound will always win the race, but in a scrap it ain't much good.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-07-12, 1:02 am

Sunderland's been a mediocre club for many seasons which finally culminated with their drop to the Championship. 
The pursuit of excellence by individuals both on and off the field, would at best be summerised as those seeking it deciding that in order to achieve it requires them moving on whilst those whom remained, just carrying merrily along.
As time changes, so does the way in which each manager wants to play so in order to survive the modern player needs to adapt quickly as both captains obviously have done, but how many ex-players have expressed their respect for Cattermole or O'Shea ?

Imagine if we'd got John Terry bang

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-12, 1:15 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Sunderland's been a mediocre club for many seasons which finally culminated with their drop to the Championship. 
The pursuit of excellence by individuals both on and off the field, would at best be summerised as those seeking it deciding that in order to achieve it requires them moving on whilst those whom remained, just carrying merrily along.
As time changes, so does the way in which each manager wants to play so in order to survive the modern player needs to adapt quickly as both captains obviously have done, but how many ex-players have expressed their respect for Cattermole or O'Shea ?

How many ex players have expressed their respect for anyone?

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-12, 8:57 am

Black Cat Kiwi wrote:Sunderland's been a mediocre club for many seasons which finally culminated with their drop to the Championship. 

Not sure how either player has adapted through changing managers. They've not been asked to play hugely different roles and they play the same way they always did. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this post but I might be being a bit dim, but no, I can't see anyone giving them a guard of honour when they retire (by the way I thought that was highly over-indulgent and was annoyed we agreed to stop the match for it). O'Shea - I personally have a lot more respect for than Cattermole and I suspect his influence on younger players to be the better one.

Anyway, on this forum I may be in the minority about Cattermole so when he proves to be an excellent championship player for us you can say "I told you so" and I will reply "you did and what a good thing that is". Don't forget to raise the issue again half way through the season.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-07-12, 10:40 am

cyprussyd wrote:
How many ex players have expressed their respect for anyone?

A number have indeed spoken of their love for the region, SAFC players & staff by name but to the best of my knowledge never Cattermole or O'Shea. Respect has most certainly been lacking with many having shown a total disdain towards their previous colleagues and supporters which to be honest disappoints me but such is this selfish world we live in. 
Kipper wrote:Not sure how either player has adapted through changing managers. They've not been asked to play hugely different roles and they play the same way they always did. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this post but I might be being a bit dim, but no, I can't see anyone giving them a guard of honour when they retire (by the way I thought that was highly over-indulgent and was annoyed we agreed to stop the match for it). O'Shea - I personally have a lot more respect for than Cattermole and I suspect his influence on younger players to be the better one."]Anyway, on this forum I may be in the minority about Cattermole so when he proves to be an excellent championship player for us you can say "I told you so" and I will reply "you did and what a good thing that is". Don't forget to raise the issue again half way through the season.

With each manager trialing different systems the players have had to play differently or be on the outer of the Boss thus requiring a move away which was was what I was trying to get at. My reference towards John Terry was about his single bloody mindlessness to excel on the pitch, not off it.
As for being in a Cattermole minority I'm sure you'll find opinion fairly evenly split but with a common wish that should he remain, then he performs as part of a successful team on the pitch.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Cattermole

Post  silvers on 2017-07-13, 10:49 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last Updated: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 09:48
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole has admitted he has been struggling for "three or four years" with the hip injury which wrecked last season for him.

The 29-year-old made only eight Premier League appearances as the club slipped out of the top flight with six of them coming at the end of the campaign when their fate was all but sealed.

Cattermole had hip cartilage surgery in November to finally address the problem which had hampered him for some time, and he revealed the extent after Wednesday night's 3-0 friendly victory over Livingston.

He told the club's official website, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "I didn't realise how much I'd struggled in terms of my injury.

"I've never once spoken about it, really, but I reckon it's been three or four years I have really struggled with my hip not knowing it was my hip, to be honest, so just to get pain-free has been great.

"I can feel it in training, my fitness levels are coming up. I went back a week earlier from the summer and it's two or three weeks now I have been going and I can feel myself getting the levels.

"This is a new challenge, it's a new experience for me and for a lot of the players, and it's one we are going to rise to and are going to meet full-on."

Meanwhile, manager Simon Grayson has confirmed that the Black Cats are in talks with Bury over former Everton striker James Vaughan.
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-13, 11:03 am

Kipper wrote:
barrowmackem wrote:he missed a lot of last season and we get relegated. Catts not playing a big reason we dropped.

Righto, 'cos the last few seasons when he's been playing more, we've won loads of games with him in the side!

You could just as well say we got relegated because Watmore was injured for most of it, but even though he's a decent player, that wouldn't be true either. It's a combination of factors all coming together, I just don't see Cattermole's injury as one of the bigger ones.
Yep the last few seasons he has played more and we have have stopped up, not all down to him granted but he played a big part with his drive and leadership. Turns out now his hip has been playing up for years but has now been sorted. I expect a big season from him and is certainly good enough for this league. Hope i am right and hope you are wrong, suppose time will tell Kipper.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-13, 12:20 pm

barrowmackem wrote:
Kipper wrote:

Yep the last few seasons he has played more and we have have stopped up, not all down to him granted but he played a big part with his drive and leadership. Turns out now his hip has been playing up for years but has now been sorted. I expect a big season from him and is certainly good enough for this league. Hope i am right and hope you are wrong, suppose time will tell Kipper.

Despite my strong views on it, I hope I'm wrong too.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-13, 12:23 pm

So good he needs two threads Very Happy
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down