SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread
Today at 10:54 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 7
Today at 10:50 pm by Hieronymus

» Mark Sampson sacked
Today at 10:10 pm by Nostalgic

» It seems its not always about money
Today at 7:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions week 9
Today at 6:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Today at 6:26 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Predictions Week 8
Today at 6:25 pm by Jerry the Jinx

» Good read from Phil Smith
Today at 5:00 pm by Billy D

» Could this be the team
Today at 4:05 pm by cyprussyd

» The Martin Bain Interview
Today at 11:42 am by cyprussyd

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, Hieronymus, Nostalgic

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Adnan Januzaj

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adnan Januzaj

Post  Argus on 2017-07-12, 10:15 am

Just read that Man Utd have agreed a fee of about £9.8m with Real Sociedad for a player who couldn't even hold down a regular place on the bench for us!

If anyone had any doubts about the inflated prices of current day footballers, then this deal must surely be the final confirmation that the game has reached new heights (or lows).

I keep thinking (or hoping) that a degree of common sense would prevail but alas I just see it spiralling out of control and it's no surprise that Rafa is starting to display public concern at Newcastle's lack of transfer activity, despite having an alleged pot of £100 million.

Like every other SAFC supporter I was gutted when we were eventually relegated last season and I mentioned in a post last week how, given our dire financial situation, the current level transfer fees could have proved our undoing even if we had survived yet again and this transfer confirms my fears.

I know we have no choice in the matter, but perhaps a year or two out of the Premiership rat race will be the ideal opportunity to achieve some stability and focus our attention on developing more home grown talent.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Re: Adnan Januzaj

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-12, 10:32 am

Argus wrote:Just read that Man Utd have agreed a fee of about £9.8m with Real Sociedad for a player who couldn't even hold down a regular place on the bench for us!

If anyone had any doubts about the inflated prices of current day footballers, then this deal must surely be the final confirmation that the game has reached new heights (or lows).

I keep thinking (or hoping) that a degree of common sense would prevail but alas I just see it spiralling out of control and it's no surprise that Rafa is starting to display public concern at Newcastle's lack of transfer activity, despite having an alleged pot of £100 million.

Like every other SAFC supporter I was gutted when we were eventually relegated last season and I mentioned in a post last week how, given our dire financial situation, the current level transfer fees could have proved our undoing even if we had survived yet again and this transfer confirms my fears.

I know we have no choice in the matter, but perhaps a year or two out of the Premiership rat race will be the ideal opportunity to achieve some stability and focus our attention on developing more home grown talent.
I agree that the game we all love is going to consume itself in this apparently never ending cycle of greed. With such inflated prices, for even journeymen, never mind stars, the game has reached unsustainable levels.

Trouble is once you are off the rollercoaster it is almost impossible to get back on, so even two years might be too long for us to catch up again. Unless there is a major 'reset' exercise implemented by the footballing authorities, which I cannot see coming anytime soon.

Sad times for football really Crying or Very sad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-07-12, 10:48 am

The illegal underage PRE-contracts don't help either that allegedly exist  Rolling Eyes

Ps. Nice for Mum & Dad though should they.

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-12, 11:17 am

When I first heard that price I thought if Sunderland were selling him there's no way we'd get that.. Belonging to a top club does seem to add a premium no matter the ability of the player.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-07-12, 12:23 pm

FFP anyone one? or just another pipe dream way of keeping the smaller clubs down?

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-12, 12:30 pm

My mind boggles every day when I read the sums being paid out.

Maybe the championship is the best place for us and we are struggling there, what chance would we have in the premier league?

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-07-12, 1:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:My mind boggles every day when I read the sums being paid out.

Maybe the championship is the best place for us and we are struggling there, what chance would we have in the premier league?

That is our reality....
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-12, 4:25 pm

They are welcome to him, a fool and his money.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-07-12, 7:43 pm

I said prior to him signing I preferred Lens with a broken leg and his bad attitude to that incompetent useless tw*t.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Nostalgic on 2017-07-12, 10:56 pm

If the fees, enticements and wages are to be believed in football then the cost of running even a successful club must outstrip even the cash rewards clubs receive for winning trophies etc.  Sky fees together with sponsors and  naming rights unbalance everything connected with the game today and I would love a guy like Andrew Jennings (who pursued Blatter through the media for years) to be let loose on clubs books before creative accountants are let loose on them.

On the other hand FIFA could kibosh the lot by giving the game an overhaul before it chokes on its own riches.

Nostalgic
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum