SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Predictions Week 8
Today at 12:06 pm by silvers

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Today at 12:01 pm by silvers

» Watmore and Maja
Today at 9:42 am by talcnturnip

» Report: Sunderland want to sign Brentford’s Ryan Woods in January
Today at 9:06 am by talcnturnip

» Labour Party Conference
Today at 7:47 am by Billy D

» Quiz 65
Today at 6:54 am by Nostalgic

» Bradley Lowery Foundation
Today at 4:06 am by canary-dave

» Wow...just wow.
Today at 12:51 am by Roker roar

» The clever money...
Today at 12:37 am by Roker roar

» Thank you Brighton
Today at 12:24 am by Roker roar

Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 2 Bots

cyprussyd

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Harry Redknapp outlines Championship promotion contenders

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Harry Redknapp outlines Championship promotion contenders

Post  silvers on 2017-07-10, 10:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Harry Redknapp believes that as many as 15 or 16 teams should be considered a contenders for Premier League promotion

Harry Redknapp says gaining promotion from the Championship next season will be so difficult, with so many viable contenders for the three places on offer.
Sunderland will be hoping new manager Simon Grayson can guide them back to the top flight at the first time asking, but Redknapp’s point outlines just how tough the second tier of English football is.

Ex- Black Cats boss Steve Bruce and his Aston Villa side are the bookies’ favourites. Meanwhile, Redknapp is determined to make sure his Birmingham side, who only avoided relegation to League One on the final day of last season, will also be in contention.
Speaking to the Daily Star ahead of the new campaign, Redknapp said: “I see Villa are favourites for the league but this year every team thinks they should be in the Premier League, don’t they?
“Middlesbrough will spend big money and will be right up there, maybe Sunderland, Leeds will be strong, Fulham again, Derby and Wolves will have a go.
“Every team is going to fancy their chances.
“Although it would be nice for rivalry, it’s not just going to be about Villa and us. There are going to be about 15 or 16 teams all thinking they are going to be there. But I’m sure both clubs will be there or thereabouts.”
Sunderland boss Grayson has already spoken realistically about the Black Cats’ chances, admitting it will be tough competing against many teams with higher budgets than themselves.
That said, Grayson believes that signing big-money individuals isn’t a sure-fire way to achieve promotion, with the ex-Preston boss hoping to mould the Wearsiders into a team that are always well-rounded and difficult to beat.
And Redknapp also points out that spending plenty of money doesn’t guarantee success.
He added: “Villa spent about £80m last season and still finished halfway, so it shows how tough it is.
There are lots of powerful teams and all the clubs seem to have big owners now.

“There are more and more foreign owners buying the clubs and spending. We are fortunate as we have owners who are ambitious and want to back the club.
“I met the owners the night after we stayed up and I saw the excitement they had.
“They want to be successful and I thought it would be fantastic to be a part of that. I have got to be bang up there this year. Nothing else will do for me.”
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Harry Redknapp outlines Championship promotion contenders

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-07-10, 10:48 pm

I agree it will be difficult but he is really hedging his bets there, with 15 or 16 out of 24 being contenders. Someone with no football knowledge whatsoever could make a prediction as good as that, never mind him with 50 plus years in the game! tongue

For what it is worth my predictions for promotion are us, Boro and Hull as the money we all got despite relegation may well be the decisive factor. And yes I know Short is inclined to squirrel the money away (into his back pocket) rather than spend it on the team, but you never know he may decide a Premier League club will be more readily sold (and for more cash)) next summer?
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-07-11, 12:21 am

Let's hope so..

silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 2:03 am

It all depends where we are at Christmas, it will be very tough but you know I can only do positive so top two it is then.

Mind I wont be upset with a top half finish.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-11, 9:19 am

Harry Rednapp. Pah! Can't remember the last time he said anything worth listening to.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum