SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» Can you help please?
Today at 9:51 am by cyprussyd

» Sundamad memories
Today at 9:50 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 9:02 am by cretanmakem

» 2 weeks today
Today at 8:19 am by cyprussyd

» Bradford City v Sunderland
Today at 7:56 am by cyprussyd

» Daryl Murphy
Today at 7:24 am by Roker roar

» When people ask me why, this is why
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 55
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by MrRAWhite

» Sunderland v Celtic
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by cyprussyd

» Proud dad
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

cyprussyd, mackem72

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Did the rot set in when

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Did the rot set in when

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-05, 10:38 am

We lost Cana, Gyan and Bent?

Regardless of how well those three did they sent out a message that Sunderland attracted players who could capture the imagination, Sunderland were on the up.

Steve Bruce, love him or hate him was a name and again sent out a message and was building a team on the up then suddenly, three players wanted out, why?

Bruce was sacked and the downward spiral started with Quinn soon to follow.

But why did a club that looked like going in the right direction suddenly go bad?

It's easy to blame money but there must be more to it, I remember sitting in the east stand with radio Newcastle playing in my ear. The night before it was reported that Gyan and Bruce had met and they had shaken hands, Gyan was staying. Now less than 24 hours later the radio were reporting he had gone, why?

Earlier I had enjoyed the Wear/Tyne derby but by the time I got home Bent was sitting in a Birmingham hotel and would be gone next day, why?

If we had kept Bruce we may have gone down and be back up now, its all if's and but's.

We have now hopefully ended the downward spiral but it should never have reached this rock bottom broken state.

Reid and Bruce both took us to dizzy heights but in the end both were sacked and misery followed, the question is will we ever learn?

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Did the rot set in when

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-05, 10:44 am

The rot set on when we lost good players and brought in crap  replacements over several years. Bent, Gyan  The Manure lad 
 To win football games you have to score

Defoe was the best since then

Remember Dozy Cannotscore and Grahm I will score with my backside. All hopeless
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-05, 11:29 am

cyprussyd wrote:We lost Cana, Gyan and Bent?

Regardless of how well those three did they sent out a message that Sunderland attracted players who could capture the imagination, Sunderland were on the up.

Steve Bruce, love him or hate him was a name and again sent out a message and was building a team on the up then suddenly, three players wanted out, why?

Bruce was sacked and the downward spiral started with Quinn soon to follow.

But why did a club that looked like going in the right direction suddenly go bad?

It's easy to blame money but there must be more to it, I remember sitting in the east stand with radio Newcastle playing in my ear. The night before it was reported that Gyan and Bruce had met and they had shaken hands, Gyan was staying. Now less than 24 hours later the radio were reporting he had gone, why?

Earlier I had enjoyed the Wear/Tyne derby but by the time I got home Bent was sitting in a Birmingham hotel and would be gone next day, why?

If we had kept Bruce we may have gone down and be back up now, its all if's and but's.

We have now hopefully ended the downward spiral but it should never have reached this rock bottom broken state.

Reid and Bruce both took us to dizzy heights but in the end both were sacked and misery followed, the question is will we ever learn?

Maybe they left because of Bruce - now I know that's not the only reason - but maybe it was a factor. The level of the players we had then were a step up from Bruce. He's a good Championship manager but really not that impressive as a Premiership manager. He made some good signings but our 10th place under him I feel was more in spite of him rather than because of him. I'm pretty sure we would have been relegated under him and who knows what would have followed.

So many decisions have been made that have turned out to be wronguns and it's all culminated in where we are now. The first problems were not being able to replace those players with quality. We soon found out where doing things on the cheap got us. Investment in quality is key. Syphoning off the money from player sales elsewhere does not work for the benefit of the team. Decades ago Norwich used to do this all the time. They'd have a series of very good players come through, all sold to bigger clubs for profit which was not reinvested in the team - the Chairman thought this the quality players would keep appearing out of nowhere but it all dried up and they've struggled ever since.

Now at Sunderland, it concerns me that the manager won't have all of the Pickford money but we might just have the manager to pull it off. If we do get promoted in the next couple of years then investment in the team is an absolute must.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-07-05, 12:05 pm

.. yes, and where does that investment come from ?
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-05, 12:31 pm

silvers wrote:.. yes, and where does that investment come from ?
Short is now looking for new investors

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-07-05, 12:42 pm

..I think that is to finance the debt, to reduce interest charges...
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum