SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Well done Martin Bain
Today at 11:26 am by cyprussyd

» Must watch TV, IMO
Today at 10:18 am by cyprussyd

» Our latest smilie
Today at 10:02 am by cyprussyd

» The short term challenge
Today at 10:01 am by cyprussyd

» Will he or won't he
Today at 9:53 am by vinkel

» Coleman latest
Today at 9:41 am by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 13
Today at 7:43 am by oldblackcat

» Tony Pulis: West Brom sack head coach after Chelsea defeat
Yesterday at 10:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread
Yesterday at 10:10 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» When will it end
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, cyprussyd, Hieronymus, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Aiden mcgeady & The Rumour Mill

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Aiden mcgeady & The Rumour Mill

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-08, 10:03 pm

I am surprised that Kone and Khazri are still here..

Am also surprised that Big Sam is still out of football...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-08, 10:23 pm

silvers wrote:I am surprised that Kone and Khazri are still here..

Am also surprised that Big Sam is still out of football
Kone is a very good footballer but he is prone to dummy spitting. Khazri may just stay

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-07-09, 9:23 am

silvers wrote:I am surprised that Kone and Khazri are still here..

Kone is obviously not as good a player that he thought he was....plus after the way he played (or didn't) last season,I can't see that many clubs making him their No1 choice signing

Regarding Khazri...I think if he feels loved/appreciated whatever unlike he was by Moyes,I think there's a chance he may stay with us
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-09, 5:00 pm

dont laugh

Exclusive: Championship club Sunderland are lining up an ambitious approach to sign Andre Gray from Burnley this summer. The former Brentford striker is also a transfer target for Everton and West Ham United.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Championship club Sunderland are lining up an ambitious approach to sign Andre Gray from Burnley this summer. The former Brentford striker is also a transfer…
THETRANSFERRUMOURMILL.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-09, 5:56 pm

.. I don't think monopoly money is legal tender..

Very Happy
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-10, 1:08 pm

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-10, 2:19 pm

Report: Burnley make first move for Sunderland ace Lamine Kone, Grayson will sell

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are reportedly pushing to sign [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] defender [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], Burnley have made an enquiry about signing Sunderland defender Lamine Kone – and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is willing to let him go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] need to rebuild this summer following their relegation from the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and new manager Grayson has already brought in Tyias Browning and Brendan Galloway on loan from Everton.

Everton's Romelu Lukaku in action with Sunderland's Lamine Kone

Grayson will be planning further changes to his squad, and even after selling Jordan Pickford to Everton and seeing Jermain Defoe leave for Bournemouth, Grayson could yet allow more players to leave.

Now, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that Burnley are interested in signing Sunderland defender Lamine Kone, as they search for a new centre back following Michael Keane's big-money move to Everton.

It's claimed that, with Kone on a deal worth £60,000-a-week at the Stadium of Light having agreed a new contract last summer, Grayson is willing to sell in order to fund moves elsewhere.

The Ivorian international centre back, 28, joined Sunderland from Lorient back in January 2016, and he enjoyed a superb run of games under Sam Allardyce to help keep the club in the Premier League.

Simon Grayson

Kone didn't enjoy quite so much success last season though, and whilst it's noted that Everton, Crystal Palace, West Brom and West Ham were interested in Kone, it's now Burnley making their first move to land him by lodging an enquiry.

With Keane gone, manager Sean Dyche needs more options at the back, and Kone could fit the bill – if [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] can offer him a suitable wage packet.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-10, 2:32 pm

Like Page

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] · [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BREAKING: Centre-back Louis Laing becomes Pools' seventh signing of the summer. Full story here now...

Craig Harrison has moved to further strengthen his squad by completing the signing of highly-rated defender Louis Laing.
HARTLEPOOLUNITED.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 2:27 am

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-07-11, 7:43 am

So it seems SAFC are back to there old ways, signings are taking forever.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-11, 8:50 am

Rovertsafc wrote:So it seems SAFC are back to there old ways, signings are taking forever.

It looks as if the purse strings are remaining very tight. We need at least two proven strikers....if money is tight they will not be coming, if that is the case we will be residing in the fizzy pop league for at least this season  (If we do not slip further)
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 9:04 am

Or of course we may be doing well.

McCready we hear is battling with Everton, I imaging his pay off, not Sunderland's fault and no doubt he will be here this week.
Gradle offer made and rejected talks continue, sorry Sunders but he and what we have could well be our strike force but unlike you I will judge when seen not before signed.

Apart from the odd club paying silly money all are going at the same speed.

BTW, positive head back on.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-07-11, 9:19 am

I'm begining to think the McGeady deal won't happen, i mean look at it. It's only a tuppence halfpenny deal.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-11, 9:44 am

Hmm, something is not right...

Perhaps another club has come in for him

que sera
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 10:22 am

He will be here by the end of the week, I know its hard after last season but when the manager says deal done just sorting out bits with Everton I believe him.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 10:33 am

SUNDERLAND boss Simon Grayson has tabled a loan offer for Max Gradel, but Bournemouth are hoping to sell the winger for £3.5m.
Grayson has identified Gradel as a major summer target, having previously worked with the Ivorian winger during his time at Leeds United.

SUNDERLAND boss Simon Grayson has tabled a loan offer for Max Gradel, but Bournemouth are hoping to sell the winger for £3.5m.
THENORTHERNECHO.CO.UK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 10:35 am

Out-of-favour Newcastle United striker Murphy is also on the Birmingham club’s radar.
The Waterford man has been told he can leave St James’s Park after only one injury-interrupted season in which he helped the Toon Army to promotion to the Premier League.
Sunderland and Nottingham Forest have both asked about taking him on loan but Bruce is also looking him at an option to bolster his forward options.

ASTON VILLA last night jumped back to the top of the queue to sign Glenn Whelan. And Steve Bruce is also weighing up a move for Ireland team-mate Daryl Murphy.…

THESUN.IE|BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-11, 11:17 am

cyprussyd wrote:[size=31]Out-of-favour Newcastle United striker Murphy is also on the Birmingham club’s radar.
The Waterford man has been told he can leave St James’s Park after only one injury-interrupted season in which he helped the Toon Army to promotion to the Premier League.
Sunderland and Nottingham Forest have both asked about taking him on loan but Bruce is also looking him at an option to bolster his forward options.[/size]

ASTON VILLA last night jumped back to the top of the queue to sign Glenn Whelan. And Steve Bruce is also weighing up a move for Ireland team-mate Daryl Murphy.…

FFS if D Murphy ends up back at Sunderland....i do not care how many half full glasses you have Syd even you cannot make a silks purse out of that sows ear.

Last season we relied on one man to score goals for us when he did not we were stuffed....it is the same in this league....no goals means loads of problems.

Hopefully Watmore will come good but he is not prolific, we may also have two good young'uns but if we rely on them it would be very foolish.

I do not know what Shorts pland are, but cash starvation last season was a major factor in our Relegation. Cash or lack of it may already be framing the outcome of this one.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 11:34 am

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[size=31]Out-of-favour Newcastle United striker Murphy is also on the Birmingham club’s radar.
Sunderland and Nottingham Forest have both asked about taking him on loan but Bruce is also looking him at an option to bolster his forward options.[/size]

FFS if D Murphy ends up back at Sunderland....i do not care how many half full glasses you have Syd even you cannot make a silks purse out of that sows ear.

Last season we relied on one man to score goals for us when he did not we were stuffed....it is the same in this league....no goals means loads of problems.

Hopefully Watmore will come good but he is not prolific, we may also have two good young'uns but if we rely on them it would be very foolish.

I do not know what Shorts pland are, but cash starvation last season was a major factor in our Relegation. Cash or lack of it may already be framing the outcome of this one.
My half full glass says lets wait and see and not just say ffs before knowing.

Are we after Murphy as our first choice or to back up, he did well at Ipswich I believe.

The demonization of players is, IMO silly and none productive especially when we have nothing more than a headline.
Far to many Sunderland fans are far to quick to say, "I back the manager" then don't.

So I will wait and see if we sign him, I don't think we will.
If we do I will listen to why the manager signed him
And if he plays for us I will back him and not earmark him as the latest scapegoat.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 11:39 am

West Brom look set to have a battle on their hands if they wish to land Sunderland defender Lamine Kone this summer.

West Brom look set to have a battle on their hands if they wish to land Sunderland defender Lamine Kone this summer.
CLUBCALL.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-11, 11:56 am

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[size=32]Out-of-favour Newcastle United striker Murphy is also on the Birmingham club’s radar.

Are we after Murphy as our first choice or to back up, he did well at Ipswich I believe.

The demonization of players is, IMO silly and none productive especially when we have nothing more than a headline.
Far to many Sunderland fans are far to quick to say, "I back the manager" then don't.

And if he plays for us I will back him and not earmark him as the latest scapegoat.

Somebody once wrote a poem along the lines of 
"Into the valley of death rode the 600"

Well if I was there I would hope I would hope I had the sense to tell the commander to fcuk off.

Whether our manager is any good or not will be judged by results...as a consequence of the players he brings in....tempered by how much cash he has to spend. DM would be a disaster for the manager and us...that is not scapegoating it is a fact. You will be telling me next that Roswell has been a good buy. If our new manager happens to offload Roswell he will both improve the quality of the squad and have gone up in my estimation
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 12:02 pm

sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:[size=32]Out-of-favour Newcastle United striker Murphy is also on the Birmingham club’s radar.

Somebody once wrote a poem along the lines of 
"Into the valley of death rode the 600"

Well if I was there I would hope I would hope I had the sense to tell the commander to fcuk off.

Whether our manager is any good or not will be judged by results...as a consequence of the players he brings in....tempered by how much cash he has to spend. DM would be a disaster for the manager and us...that is not scapegoating it is a fact. You will be telling me next that Roswell has been a good buy. If our new manager happens to offload Roswell he will both improve the quality of the squad and have gone up in my estimation
Last season, Murphy made just 14 Championship appearances for Newcastle but scored five important goals as he helped the Magpies clinch promotion and the second-tier title.

The forward scored 61 goals in 199 league games for Ipswich Town before joining Newcastle for £3.5million at the beginning of the 2016/17 campaign, and a return to Portman Road has also been touted this summer.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-11, 1:51 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:

We're all allowed opinions on players, and I too would rather not have Murphy here. If he's signed then we have to hope for the best I really wouldn't want to go there.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-11, 1:59 pm

we need bodies .....

depends what crumbs are left on the table..
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-11, 4:33 pm

silvers wrote:we need bodies .....

depends what crumbs are left on the table..

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: