SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» 20% discount offer for season card holder
Today at 11:57 pm by MrRAWhite

» Mark Sampson sacked
Today at 9:23 pm by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v Cardiff City
Today at 5:16 pm by Roker roar

» Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread
Today at 2:56 pm by lesmac

» The smoking gun
Today at 1:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions Week 7
Today at 8:46 am by vinkel

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Yesterday at 11:41 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Hieronymus

» It seems its not always about money
Yesterday at 7:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions week 9
Yesterday at 6:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

Hieronymus, MrRAWhite

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Aiden mcgeady & The Rumour Mill

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aiden mcgeady & The Rumour Mill

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:59 am

Everton are ready to do business with Sunderland over Aiden McGeady, according to The Sun on Sunday (print edition, page 63, July 2, 2017).

According to the report, if Sunderland come up with the right package, then Everton will let them sign the winger either on loan or on a permanent contract.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

McGeady reportedly earns about £45,000 per week at the Toffees. It has been claimed that Preston North End paid around a third of the Republic of Ireland international’s wages during his loan spell last season.

Everton want interested clubs to make a bigger contribution to the winger’s wages, according to The Sun on Sunday (print edition, page 63, July 2, 2017).

Sunderland are not the only club who are (reportedly) interested in McGeady; Preston and Middlesbrough are also claimed to want the former Celtic star.

The Liverpool Echo reported in May that Everton were looking to striker a £2 million deal with Preston for McGeady.

Last month, The Irish Independent claimed of Middlesbrough’s interest in the winger, who scored eight goals and provided nine assists in 34 Championshipappearances for Preston last season.

Last edited by cyprussyd on Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Aiden mcgeady & The Rumour Mill

Post  gil t azell on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:11 am

Make Everton an offer. make McGeady an offer. Give them an absolute maximum of 48 hrs to either say yes or no or walk away from the deal.

If as Grayson says he wants players who want to play for SAFC then it shouldnt be a problem.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:53 am

Sunderland are ready to rival Glasgow Rangers for Norwich City’s sought-after midfielder Graham Dorrans, say The Daily Mail.

Sunderland ready to fight Rangers for Graham Dorrans
Sunderland are ready to fight Glasgow Rangers for the signing of Graham Dorrans with the Norwich City midfielder in demand this summer.
NINETYMINUTESONLINE.COM

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:09 am

cyprussyd wrote:Sunderland are ready to rival Glasgow Rangers for Norwich City’s sought-after midfielder Graham Dorrans, say The Daily Mail.

Sunderland ready to fight Rangers for Graham Dorrans
Sunderland are ready to fight Glasgow Rangers for the signing of Graham Dorrans with the Norwich City midfielder in demand this summer.
NINETYMINUTESONLINE.COM

He certainly works hard and has a good attitude, could do well for you, though I do think Rangers will get him!  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down

Another player linked

Post  Rovertsafc on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:10 am

Striker link

Sunderland have this morning been linked with a move for Club Bruges striker Pierre Xavier Fonkeu.
Belgian news outlet Voetbal Nieuws report the Black Cats - along with Norwich, Stoke and Wolves - are keen to bring the 19-year-old to England.
He has dual nationality with both Belgium and Cameroon and has played for Cameroon Under-21s.#
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:16 am

Rovertsafc wrote:

Striker link

Sunderland have this morning been linked with a move for Club Bruges striker Pierre Xavier Fonkeu.
Belgian news outlet Voetbal Nieuws report the Black Cats - along with Norwich, Stoke and Wolves - are keen to bring the 19-year-old to England.
He has dual nationality with both Belgium and Cameroon and has played for Cameroon Under-21s.#
we have enough fonkeurs over the last few years

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:54 am

Rovertsafc wrote:

Striker link

shouldn't be a problem.

Brexit is not for two years yet.
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:53 pm

gil t azell wrote:Make Everton an offer. make McGeady an offer. Give them an absolute maximum of 48 hrs to either say yes or no or walk away from the deal.

If as Grayson says he wants players who want to play for SAFC then it shouldnt be a problem.
Yeah agree and we should not be paying stupid money for players now
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:37 pm

£2 million for McGeady is a decent fee...why don't we get Stuart Downing as well (probably get him for nothing/next to nothing)...then we would have two useful  experienced wingers
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Rumours we have paid £4.5 million for him. Hope that includes wages as well as that seems a tad high to me.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:31 pm

gil t azell wrote:Rumours we have paid £4.5 million for him. Hope that includes wages as well as that seems a tad high to me.
Yeah maybe a tad high but damn that's wait-and-see
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:43 pm

A propah winger ?

Can we actually remember what that means ?

Very Happy
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:07 pm

silvers wrote:A proper whinger ?

Can we actually remember what that means ?

Very Happy

Spell checked for you.

Ps. We've already got a few thank you very much Rolling Eyes

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Very Happy
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:47 am

All I have to ask is where are the strikers....fingers where ever stuck need to be extracted and players brought in asap

Trying to sell to the jormuns has narrowed our time frame for action. Just like last season and look where that got us!
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:50 am

That is a big worry..  unless Larry already had deals lined up of course..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:07 am

Worry not, the man has been here a few days and I have no doubt talks are taking place, he said strikers are top priority.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:30 am

SIMON GRAYSON, the new Sunderland manager, is hoping for quick progress in the transfer market.
After being appointed on Thursday, Grayson is in Austria for a five-day training camp with his squad.
And, before his first friendly in charge – at Bury on Friday evening – Grayson wants his squad to be boosted.
One of his first moves was to get defender John O’Shea signed up for a new, one-year deal, while he has also been strongly linked with two players from his previous club, Preston.

Striker Jordan Hugill and winger Aiden McGeady were two of his key players last season at Deepdale and both could be reunited with their former boss.
“Two players I’ve worked with before I’ve been linked with – it’s not going to be a problem attracting players to this club, they have to be the right players with their heart and soul in the club,’’ insisted the North Yorkshireman.
“They have to have a will to win, a never say die attitude. Every club I’ve been at it, a big part has been team spirit – those two have been linked and time will tell what happens.
“I've been very respectful to Preston because they've done fantastically well for me but every football club right throughout the country, if someone offers them money they might sell whether that's Preston, Real Madrid or Barcelona.

“Time will tell whether we go back to Preston but I've got a huge amount of respect for that football club and I don't want to do too much to harm that.
“I've already taken my assistant manager (Glynn Snodin) from there so maybe not too many there.’’
Middlesbrough-born Hugill was top scorer last season with 13 goals and has two years left on his current deal. Preston rejected a £1.5m Ipswich Town offer last season for the hard-working targetman who spent time on loan at Hartlepool United two years ago, scoring key goals under boss Ronnie Moore.
McGeady was named Preston’s player of the year as he spent the campaign on loan from Everton, where his chances of first-team football are limited. He would cost around £2.5m.

Grayson will be also joined at Sunderland by Ian Miller, who has worked under him as chief scout at a number of other clubs.
Miller’s remit will be to find value in the transfer market, after Grayson admitted: “Players have been here for the wrong reasons, now they come for the right reasons – to improve this club.’’
He added: “Once it got announced I was in talks to come here my phone was going … players who have been with me at other clubs, players who didn’t’ know me, agents. I’d like to think recruitment is one of my strengths and we will hopefully move quickly to enhance the squad.
“This club, I want to be proud of. I want supporters to be proud of the club. I’ve left each club I’ve been at in a better state than when I went in – if I do that then I’m sure it will be in the Premier League.
“We will bring players in to improve the squad, different characters, not necessarily household names, but you can do it with desire and a hunger to succeed. They will come here to work hard, not for the money.
“I want players willing to do anything to this club and willing to give this working class city something to cheer about.
“We have a realistic budget – not top, not bottom. I’ve always worked with the best of a budget and as a Yorkshireman I spend money wisely.
“Promotion has to be the ambition, this club needs to be in the next one above. Relegation in the past and it has bounced back. That’s the aim.’’

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:25 pm

Sunderland set to compete with three English clubs in a bid to sign young Club Brugge forward
The Black Cats, as well as Stoke, Derby and Wolves, are linked with young Club Brugge forward Pierre Xavier Fonkeu

Sunderland set to compete with three English clubs in a bid to sign young Club Brugge forward
The Black Cats, as well as Stoke, Derby and Wolves, are linked with young Club Brugge forward Pierre Xavier Fonkeu

CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK|BY SEAN MCCORMICK

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Jordan Hugill isvalsu rumoured big lad up front, not prolific but better than what we have
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:20 am

SIMON GRAYSON is hoping to push through a deal for Aiden McGeady before the end of the week, but the Sunderland boss faces stiff competition from Birmingham City as he looks to add Jordan Hugill to his Black Cats squad.
Grayson has identified McGeady and Hugill as his two leading targets from the Preston squad he presided over last season, and Sunderland chief executive Martin Bain has already spoken to Everton officials in an attempt to secure an agreement for the former.
McGeady is back on Everton’s books after spending last season on loan at Preston, but Toffees boss Ronald Koeman does not see the 31-year-old featuring in his plans and is keen to sell with the midfielder having entered the final year of his current contract.
Middlesbrough have also expressed an interest in acquiring McGeady’s services, but having spent last season playing under Grayson, the Irishman is keen to be reunited with his former boss at the Stadium of Light.
Sunderland are hoping to push through a deal for around £2m, and while Everton had initially been hoping for a higher price, a compromise should be achievable. Sunderland’s players are currently on a training camp in Austria, but it is hoped McGeady’s transfer will be concluded before Grayson takes charge of his first game in charge of the club at Bury on Friday.
Whether Hugill is also on board by then remains to be seen as it is likely to be more difficult to force through a move for the striker than for his former team-mate, McGeady.
Having been unable to prevent Grayson from leaving Deepdale at the end of last week, Preston officials are understandably reluctant to allow their former boss to cherry-pick the best players from their current squad.
Birmingham boss Harry Redknapp is also interested in Hugill, and has flagged up his intention to make a formal offer for the striker within the next couple of days.
Hugill, who signed a two-and-a-half year contract in October 2015, scored 13 goals last season, and both Birmingham and Sunderland would be willing to significantly increase his current wages. Reading, who missed out in the Championship play-offs last season, are also understood to be interested.
Grayson has instructed Bain to do all he can to land the 25-year-old, who started his career with Seaham Red Star and Consett in the Northern League, but Preston’s stance could make it difficult for the Black Cats to see off competition from their Championship rivals.
Grayson only took charge of his first training session in charge of Sunderland on Friday, but the new Black Cats boss has already suffered his first injury setback.
Paddy McNair will miss the start of the season after suffering a setback in his recovery from a cruciate ligament operation.
McNair has been sidelined since damaging his cruciates last November, but had recovered sufficiently to take part in some early pre-season work in Portugal last month along with fellow injury victim Duncan Watmore.
However, while Watmore has been passed fit to travel to Austria with the rest of Sunderland’s squad, McNair has been forced to remain on Wearside in order to work with members of the Black Cats’ medical staff.
He will not be involved in any of Sunderland’s pre-season matches, and is expected to miss the opening month of the season. He is also a major doubt for Northern Ireland’s World Cup qualifiers with San Marino and Czech Republic in early September.
Grayson had been looking forward to working with McNair, who is one of a number of young players who has been earmarked for a major role in next season’s line-up.
Watmore, Donald Love and Lynden Gooch should feature prominently in the first team, with Grayson also keen to run the rule over the likes of Joel Asoro, Josh Maja, Ethan Robson and George Honeyman.
“I want to give younger players a chance,” said Grayson. “Maybe they didn’t play as much in the Premier League, but this is a different division now and they will be in and around it.
“They need guidance and help because of the number of games in this division with games to come Saturday – Tuesday – Saturday. But the younger players will get a chance too.”

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:39 pm

Apparently Robin (Dick Grayson) has just been on talkshite, we cannot compete with Aston Villa with money....
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:45 pm

@bbcmerseyside 
FOOTBALL: Aidan McGeady has joined [ltr]#SAFC[/ltr] on a permanent deal from [ltr]#EFC[/ltr] https://t.co/7bnXhd52Sl

BBC Merseyside Sport on Twitter
“FOOTBALL: Aidan McGeady has joined #SAFC on a permanent deal from #EFC”
TWITTER.COM

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Aiden mcgeady

Post  Roker roar on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:28 pm

BBC sport are reporting the sale of mcgeady to us is just about done.....never far away when the bbc are reporting it.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:34 pm

Roker roar wrote:BBC sport are reporting the sale of mcgeady to us is just about done.....never far away when the bbc are reporting it.

Probably happened a few days ago if the BBC are reporting it. Very Happy
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: