SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Coleman latest
Today at 12:26 am by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 13
Yesterday at 11:19 pm by Panther

» Tony Pulis: West Brom sack head coach after Chelsea defeat
Yesterday at 10:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Yesterday at 10:10 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» When will it end
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» January recruits
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 73
Yesterday at 9:15 pm by Hieronymus

» Defoe
2017-11-19, 10:34 pm by sunderpitt

» Good read from Daniel Taylor
2017-11-19, 9:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Coleman and cash
2017-11-19, 8:55 pm by Silvers

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

Silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Simon Crabtree on new manager Simon Grayson.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Simon Crabtree on new manager Simon Grayson.

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-04, 10:24 am

Written by SAM LIGHTLE
04 JULY, 2017

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?url=https://www.safc.com:443/news/opinion/2017/july/crabtree-on-grayson-appointment&text="He squeezes far more than he should out of players"&] Twitter[/url]

Former Sunderland commentator, and self-confessed Preston North End fan, Simon Crabtree has provided a glowing recommendation on new manager Simon Grayson.
Crabbers, who covered the Black Cats for a number of years, hailed the work done by Grayson and his assistant Glynn Snodin during their time at Deepdale, while giving Sunderland fans a glimpse into what they can expect from their new manager.

Check out the Q&A with Crabbers below…
Crabbers, as a Preston North End fan but a follower of all things red and white, a bittersweet day for you following Simon Grayson’s move to Wearside?
SC: “There’s definitely mixed emotions. He’s been a great manager at North End for a good few years now, but I’m delighted for Sunderland because I’m sure they’ve got a good manager and a good man coming through the door.”
He’ll bring a wealth of experience within the Football League to the club, and that’s surely a massive plus?
SC: “He will because he knows the Championship inside out. He’s had North End batting well above their average given the fact their budget is meniscal compared to the vast majority of other clubs in the top two tiers. He squeezes far more than he should be able to out of players and hopefully he’ll continue to do that at Sunderland, because he gets more than the best out of players and they love him. He keeps them on their toes and they run through brick walls for him – he gets nothing but the best out of them.”
What else will he bring to Wearside?
SC: “You know what, and it sounds cheesy, but he’s a really good bloke. He’s a genuine fella and a genuine football person. You see so many people who are just full of rubbish but he’s just a proper football man and in Snods, who he has brought with him, he has another person who knows football inside out. These two will put smiles back on Sunderland faces and that’s exactly what’s needed.”
Togetherness will be key – both on and off the pitch – and it sounds like he’s the ideal manager to do that?
SC: “Yeah he just gets it and he gets Sunderland as well. He’s a north Yorkshire lad so he grew up in the shadow of Sunderland from a geographical sense, so he knows the area, knows what the club is all about and, importantly, knows what the fans are all about. He’ll get the fans back on board and remind everyone that the great thing about Sunderland is that we are a family and that’s what makes us great. Together we can be bigger than anyone and hopefully he can do that.”
One thing Grayson said yesterday was that he wanted to see his played work hard and show the fans their desire to play for the shirt – what else can we expect on the pitch?
SC: “Yes but it’s so much more than that. They will be a hard-working team and like I said one of his major strengths is that he gets the best out of players, but he mixes it up as well whereas there are some managers who have a certain style and they don’t appear to have a plan B. He’s got plan B,C,D,E,F,G right the way through to starting at A again – and he’s brilliant at it. He can also change that in matches if it isn’t working, but he also keeps it simple for the players and you can tell when other managers overcomplicate things because they look over thinking ‘I’ve got no idea what’s going on here’, but he’ll keep them fresh and he’ll keep them hungry. And he’ll do anything he can to beat the opposition.”
Any other thoughts on the appointment?
SC: “The bottom line is that we want to get back to winning ways and put smiles back on faces – and I genuinely believe he can do that.”

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Simon Crabtree on new manager Simon Grayson.

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-07-04, 10:40 am

I think it will take him at least two years to turn things around and I just hope that our supporters have the patience to deal with this.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sid MCFC on 2017-07-04, 2:32 pm

That was a great read.  Sounds like just what you want.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Sid MCFC
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-04, 3:16 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I think it will take him at least two years to turn things around and I just hope that our supporters have the patience to deal with this.
Some are just waiting for him to fail but I am very happy with him and his fresh start.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-04, 4:37 pm

He will fail only if Short does not back him...

I hope Short is not persevering with his usual approach.
Timw will tell.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-07-04, 7:44 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:I think it will take him at least two years to turn things around and I just hope that our supporters have the patience to deal with this.

And therein lies the problem. The majority of us are clued up and will give him the time but the idiotic minority will be at him as soon as we lose a couple of games stating they never wanted him anyway.

A nice mid season to possibly chasing play offs will be decent next year. Anything better than that will be a huge bonus. The thing is if we happened to pull off a miracle we would need to spend massively just to stay up and if ES is still onboard I cannot see that happening.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum