SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Well done Martin Bain
Today at 14:45 by vinkel

» Should we keep him?
Today at 14:11 by Kipper

» Happy Birthday for Friday
Today at 11:55 by canary-dave

» Newcastle go top, again
Today at 11:48 by cyprussyd

» BURTON ALBION V SUNDERLAND AFC
Today at 0:32 by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 14
Yesterday at 20:28 by barrowmackem

» Is it back?
Yesterday at 19:39 by Black Cat Kiwi

» The Managers PETER REID
Yesterday at 17:24 by cyprussyd

» Watmore knacked
Yesterday at 14:50 by cyprussyd

» RIP David Cassidy
Yesterday at 13:39 by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, Kipper, Mackemneil, vinkel

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on Fri 14 Sep - 11:57

Player Recruitment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Player Recruitment

Post  Kipper on Fri 30 Jun - 10:24

No chief scout.
Does Grayson have the right knowledge? Will he he looking for the same players he was looking at for Preston?
Are there any Preston players worth a punt?
Did Moyes leave Baines a list of possible targets?
What do we reckon our transfer budget will be?
I've no idea on the answer to any of these questions. It will be interesting to see how the next few weeks pan out and how quickly things happen. We'll probably recruit a bunch of players I've not heard of. Hope they're young'uns rather than oldies and I hope the U23s are going to Austria so Grayson can suss them out.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  oxfordshire on Fri 30 Jun - 10:43

Look at some positives please. Give im a go. He has a record of improvement, he is enthusiastic and he is saying the right things.
avatar
oxfordshire
Senior player
Senior player

Posts : 75
Join date : 2014-06-03
Age : 75
Location : Melbourne Australia

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  cyprussyd on Fri 30 Jun - 10:45

Kipper wrote:No chief scout.
Does Grayson have the right knowledge? Will he he looking for the same players he was looking at for Preston? probably yes
Are there any Preston players worth a punt? yes
Did Moyes leave Baines a list of possible targets?yes
What do we reckon our transfer budget will be?20 mil
I've no idea on the answer to any of these questions. It will be interesting to see how the next few weeks pan out and how quickly things happen. We'll probably recruit a bunch of players I've not heard of. Hope they're young'uns rather than oldies and I hope the U23s are going to Austria so Grayson can suss them out.he is

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42995
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  vinkel on Fri 30 Jun - 11:09

I am quite happy with the Grayson appointment i think he will money permitted get in the correct type of player. And by the way it's BAIN.

________________________________________________________
Today i am as young as i ever will be.
avatar
vinkel
National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Posts : 1876
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 66
Location : wear valley

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Kipper on Fri 30 Jun - 11:52

oxfordshire wrote:Look at some positives please. Give im a go. He has a record of improvement, he is enthusiastic and he is saying the right things.

Wasn't being negative, just asking questions I didn't know the answer to. Syd has enlightened me now. Anyone going to throw some names in the hat? I know McGeady has been mentioned.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  cyprussyd on Fri 30 Jun - 12:59

Sky Sports News: Sunderland have offered Seb Larsson a new contract

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42995
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  sunderpitt on Fri 30 Jun - 13:59

We need 3 strikers having  lost Defoe, Borini and Anchovy
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6226
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Mackemneil on Fri 30 Jun - 14:17

sunderpitt wrote:We need 3 strikers having  lost Defoe, Borini and Anchovy
IT has been suggested that his preference is to play 442, so we may need 4.

Raises lots of questions, like

Where will he play Watmore?
Is Asoro to be one of the four, I would hope so!
Is Maja to be one of the four, if he continues to improve he could, though he appears capable of a deeper role too.
So we need one experienced guy and another young guy with experience at first team level, supported by the younguns!!
avatar
Mackemneil
MODERATOR
MODERATOR

Posts : 1991
Join date : 2012-08-10
Age : 62
Location : Holme on Spalding Moor, York

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Kipper on Fri 30 Jun - 14:24

Mackemneil wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:We need 3 strikers having  lost Defoe, Borini and Anchovy
IT has been suggested that his preference is to play 442, so we may need 4.

Raises lots of questions, like

Where will he play Watmore?
Is Asoro to be one of the four, I would hope so!
Is Maja to be one of the four, if he continues to improve he could, though he appears capable of a deeper role too.
So we need one experienced guy and another young guy with experience at first team level, supported by the younguns!!

I would suggest someone with a bit of height and muscle to play alongside Asoro.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Kipper on Fri 30 Jun - 14:27

cyprussyd wrote:Sky Sports News: Sunderland have offered Seb Larsson a new contract

Not sure what I think of this. He's more championship than premiership but I'm a bit tired of some of the long termers. When did he last do anything of note?
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Vincemac on Fri 30 Jun - 14:43

cyprussyd wrote:Sky Sports News: Sunderland have offered Seb Larsson a new contract
i'm okay with that
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6699
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  talcnturnip on Fri 30 Jun - 15:36

Kipper wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:Sky Sports News: Sunderland have offered Seb Larsson a new contract

Not sure what I think of this. He's more championship than premiership but I'm a bit tired of some of the long termers. When did he last do anything of note?
With you on this one had one good season with us out of 6/7 and should have been let go about two years ago when his original contract ran out.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2996
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  sunderpitt on Fri 30 Jun - 16:42

Kipper wrote:
Mackemneil wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:We need 3 strikers having  lost Defoe, Borini and Anchovy
IT has been suggested that his preference is to play 442, so we may need 4.

Raises lots of questions, like

Where will he play Watmore?
Is Asoro to be one of the four, I would hope so!
Is Maja to be one of the four, if he continues to improve he could, though he appears capable of a deeper role too.
So we need one experienced guy and another young guy with experience at first team level, supported by the younguns!!

I would suggest someone with a bit of height and muscle to play alongside Asoro.

I presume it all depends on cash available...also we have retained Larsson and O"Shea
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6226
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  cyprussyd on Fri 30 Jun - 19:55

Could Aiden McGeady be heading to Wearside?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Grayson era is underway at the Stadium of Light and he is keen to make £2 million rated Aiden McGeady his first signing

CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK|BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42995
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Fri 30 Jun - 20:31

cyprussyd wrote:Sky Sports News: Sunderland have offered Seb Larsson a new contract
Pay as you play (selected to start) & if not prepared to accept it let him go some other suckers!

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]            [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9461
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 99
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Kipper on Fri 30 Jun - 23:09

cyprussyd wrote:Could Aiden McGeady be heading to Wearside?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The Grayson era is underway at the Stadium of Light and he is keen to make £2 million rated Aiden McGeady his first signing

CHRONICLELIVE.CO.UK|BY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I thought the days of old Evertonians were over. I'd be happy with him though.
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  cretanmakem on Sat 1 Jul - 6:48

Players , players that I probably won't know or know next to nowt about . 
Thanks Simon , I actually look forward to it . 
I am sick and tired of the old sick note has beens turning up and getting paid for virtually fek all , the loanees who are shyte , I don't need to name em all , DO I ? 
End of the season I would of screamed if we offered O'Shea and Larsson new deals , however , with Short and BAIN leaving our new manager next to no time to sort out THEIR collective mess I reckon for the championship these two might be good signings for the new boss . 
In Roker report a PNE fan said he would be very surprised if Simon recruited 34 yr old journeymen ,,,,, thank fek for that . And he likes the youth , any U23 player on our books must now look at Sunderland as the land of milk and honey , your time is nigh if you are good enough 
I truly believe after reading about his previous clubs this manager will bring stability to Sunderland , we will not be world beaters , we may have a couple of seasons in the championship , but if he can bring a solidity to our team on and off the pitch then good luck to the guy . 
Only problem young man is your bosses Short and BAIN , they don't really give a monkeys about this club , good luck with them I do not envy you your task .

________________________________________________________
An adopted makem is the worst kind ,,,, so watch the fek out
avatar
cretanmakem
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 957
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 57
Location : CRETE

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Kipper on Sat 1 Jul - 8:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 620
Join date : 2016-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Silvers on Sat 1 Jul - 10:02

Kipper wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Simon Grayson discusses Sunderland transfer strategy and reacts to Aiden McGeady links

Simon Grayson will look to make quick additions to his Sunderland squad – and is likely to target players with Championship experience.


New manager Grayson took training for the first time yesterday and will fly out with his Black Cats players to Austria for a training camp this morning. The squad is threadbare and, while Grayson will take time to assess, he does hope to make some swift acquisitions – with the Championship campaign starting in 34 days. Grayson said: “We’ll want to do one or two things quite quickly because of the low numbers that we’ve got. “We’ve got a few players who’ve not come back from international duty yet as well. “We want to do one or two as quickly as we can, but that still gives me a chance to look at the Under-23s and players in the existing squad.” With no senior striker on board, Grayson will have to quickly build a new squad and he wants players with the right attitude. Championship experience will be favoured, while Grayson also played down fears that he will be a hamstrung by a severely limited budget.

He said: “That will be our line of enquiry into players, players that know it [the Championship]. “They might be 30 years old or 21. They might have been at a big Premier League club and think, ‘right, I want to go and make a career in the game’, with that hunger and desire, and understand what is required. “I would think they would have that Championship experience. “If you look at the four previous clubs I’ve been at, this will be the biggest budget I’ve worked with, but it doesn’t faze me

“Whatever I’ve been given in the past, I’ve always tried to make sure I get the best value for money, whether it is loans, free transfers or money in the market. “After talks with Mr Short and Martin (Bain), I’m aware of what we’ve got to spend and what we are able to do. “Sometimes it isn’t about what you spend, it is about what you bring into the football club to make it successful.” Grayson has already been linked with Everton winger Aiden McGeady, who thrived on loan for Grayson at Preston last season. Powerful Middlesbrough-born striker Jordan Hugill has also been linked. He was coy on those reports, but did not rule out signing from his former club.

He said: “Well, there there you go, two players I’ve worked with before and people have been linked with me. “Them to have been linked, time will tell if they land on our doorstep. “Time will tell whether we go back to Preston, but I’ve got a huge amount of respect for that football club and I don’t want to do too much to harm that. “I’ve already taken my assistant manager from there, so maybe not too many there.”
avatar
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14952
Join date : 2012-08-02
Location : NE16

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  sunderpitt on Sat 1 Jul - 10:06

I repeat we need 3 strikers and need to get on with it
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6226
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  cyprussyd on Sat 1 Jul - 10:07

cretanmakem wrote:Players , players that I probably won't know or know next to nowt about . 
Thanks Simon , I actually look forward to it . 
I am sick and tired of the old sick note has beens turning up and getting paid for virtually fek all , the loanees who are shyte , I don't need to name em all , DO I ? 
End of the season I would of screamed if we offered O'Shea and Larsson new deals , however , with Short and BAIN leaving our new manager next to no time to sort out THEIR collective mess I reckon for the championship these two might be good signings for the new boss . 
In Roker report a PNE fan said he would be very surprised if Simon recruited 34 yr old journeymen ,,,,, thank fek for that . And he likes the youth , any U23 player on our books must now look at Sunderland as the land of milk and honey , your time is nigh if you are good enough 
I truly believe after reading about his previous clubs this manager will bring stability to Sunderland , we will not be world beaters , we may have a couple of seasons in the championship , but if he can bring a solidity to our team on and off the pitch then good luck to the guy . 
Only problem young man is your bosses Short and BAIN , they don't really give a monkeys about this club , good luck with them I do not envy you your task .
Just about sums up how I feel however I think Short may have had a very big reality check with two investors ready to buy and him finding out that right now we are worth nothing like the return he wants.
Grayson is happy with the budget, the best he has ever had so maybe this time the manager will be backed and supported and he may just be the clubs savour.

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42995
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 69
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Player Recruitment

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum