SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Coleman latest
Today at 12:26 am by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 13
Yesterday at 11:19 pm by Panther

» Tony Pulis: West Brom sack head coach after Chelsea defeat
Yesterday at 10:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND
Yesterday at 10:10 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» When will it end
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» January recruits
Yesterday at 9:52 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Quiz 73
Yesterday at 9:15 pm by Hieronymus

» Defoe
2017-11-19, 10:34 pm by sunderpitt

» Good read from Daniel Taylor
2017-11-19, 9:54 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» Coleman and cash
2017-11-19, 8:55 pm by Silvers

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests :: 2 Bots

Silvers

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

SIMON GRAYSON is expected to be confirmed as Sunderland manager

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMON GRAYSON is expected to be confirmed as Sunderland manager

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-29, 4:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SIMON GRAYSON is expected to be confirmed as Sunderland manager, but which of his former stars could join him?
EXPRESS.CO.UK

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: SIMON GRAYSON is expected to be confirmed as Sunderland manager

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-29, 4:54 pm

Simon Grayson Preferred formation: 4-4-2

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-29, 7:43 pm

The  Three-year deal
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Argus on 2017-06-29, 8:02 pm

Interesting 1st interview with Simon Grayson and by the sounds of it, there'll be a few of the current squad who may have to pull up their socks if they want to play.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-29, 8:13 pm

Simon Grayson has been appointed as Sunderland’s new manager after putting pen to paper on a three-year deal at the Stadium of Light.
A seasoned manager who has taken charge of over 600 games, Grayson has vast experience of building and improving teams and he arrives on Wearside following a four-year spell at Preston North End where he led the Lilywhites from the lower reaches of League One to Championship play-off contenders.  
The new Sunderland boss will meet up with his squad tomorrow before flying to Austria to oversee a five-day training camp alongside his assistant Glynn Snodin, as Robbie Stockdale and Adrian Tucker continue in their respective roles.
And speaking to safc.com, Grayson hailed Sunderland’s tradition and support before turning his firm attention to the job that lies ahead.
“I am delighted to come to Sunderland, a club with such wonderful history and tradition, and I’m excited by the opportunity to manage this club and I want to bring the good times back.
“Sunderland are so fortunate to have such tremendous support and I want to give these fans a team they can be proud of.”
He continued: “I want a group of players full of desire, team spirt and a never-say-die attitude - that’s the very least that we should expect from a Sunderland player.
“The Championship is a demanding league, but with all the attributes I have highlighted then our aim has to be to get the club back to where it belongs as quickly as possible and I can’t wait to get started.”
Speaking about the appointment, chief executive Martin Bain revealed that Grayson’s passion and enthusiasm for the task at hand instantly stood out.
“We warmly welcome Simon to Sunderland,” added Bain.
“From the outset he demonstrated a tremendous enthusiasm for the job and his desire and ambition to make this football club better shone through.”
He continued: “Wherever he has managed, he has improved those clubs, which is a clear indication of his ability to build a team on solid foundations and create the right environment for success, and these are certainly attributes that we as a football club want to embrace as we embark on our own re-building process with him at the helm.
“Finally, in welcoming Simon, I would also like to extend my thanks to the chairman and board of Preston North End.
“I know they were understandably keen to retain his services and we thank them for their cooperation during the discussion process.”

Buy Now

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-06-29, 8:23 pm

Not my cup of tea but will give the bloke a chance which is probably more than he'll get from Short.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  oldblackcat on 2017-06-29, 8:34 pm

Seems ambitious and comes across as confident (unlike our previous manager)....I like the if you're good enough you're old enough view (one thing I've always believed).....and the no fixed way of playing,keeping the opposition guessing....hopefully the re-birth of our team....not long till we see
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-29, 9:26 pm

I have just wiki'd  Grayson....a reasonable playing career and knocked around as manager of lower teams. Never really successful l, let's hope he clicks here. Any news on his pot of cash for players?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-06-29, 9:43 pm

Simon Grayson has been appointed as Sunderland’s new manager after putting pen to paper on a three-year deal at the Stadium of Light.

A seasoned manager who has taken charge of over 600 games, Grayson has vast experience of building and improving teams and he arrives on Wearside following a four-year spell at Preston North End where he led the Lilywhites from the lower reaches of League One to Championship play-off contenders.  
The new Sunderland boss will meet up with his squad tomorrow before flying to Austria to oversee a five-day training camp alongside his assistant Glynn Snodin, as Robbie Stockdale and Adrian Tucker continue in their respective roles.
And speaking to safc.com, Grayson hailed Sunderland’s tradition and support before turning his firm attention to the job that lies ahead.
“I am delighted to come to Sunderland, a club with such wonderful history and tradition, and I’m excited by the opportunity to manage this club and I want to bring the good times back.
“Sunderland are so fortunate to have such tremendous support and I want to give these fans a team they can be proud of.”
He continued: “I want a group of players full of desire, team spirt and a never-say-die attitude - that’s the very least that we should expect from a Sunderland player.
“The Championship is a demanding league, but with all the attributes I have highlighted then our aim has to be to get the club back to where it belongs as quickly as possible and I can’t wait to get started.”
Speaking about the appointment, chief executive Martin Bain revealed that Grayson’s passion and enthusiasm for the task at hand instantly stood out.
“We warmly welcome Simon to Sunderland,” added Bain.
“From the outset he demonstrated a tremendous enthusiasm for the job and his desire and ambition to make this football club better shone through.”
He continued: “Wherever he has managed, he has improved those clubs, which is a clear indication of his ability to build a team on solid foundations and create the right environment for success, and these are certainly attributes that we as a football club want to embrace as we embark on our own re-building process with him at the helm.
“Finally, in welcoming Simon, I would also like to extend my thanks to the chairman and board of Preston North End.
“I know they were understandably keen to retain his services and we thank them for their cooperation during the discussion process.”
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-06-29, 9:52 pm

Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-29, 10:44 pm

sunderpitt wrote:I have just wiki'd  Grayson....a reasonable playing career and knocked around as manager of lower teams. Never really successful l, let's hope he clicks here. Any news on his pot of cash for players?
You must be reading a different record to me Sunders

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-06-29, 11:13 pm

cyprussyd wrote:
sunderpitt wrote:I have just wiki'd  Grayson....a reasonable playing career and knocked around as manager of lower teams. Never really successful l, let's hope he clicks here. Any news on his pot of cash for players?
You must be reading a different record to me Sunders
I think he looked at his goal scoring  Razz

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-06-30, 9:57 am

No lads he's looking at his record, he can get teams out of League 1 and that seems his forte but struggles in the Championship with some alarming runs of losses.
Never mind he may just prove us wrong.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-06-30, 10:12 am

I think I'm pretty comfortable with his record in the championship - done as well as could be expected considering the resources/circumstances. Everybody seems to think he's done a good job at Preston and a couple of Leeds fans have told me he was their last good manager prior to Monk.

He's said the right things so far anyway. Let's hope he's backed.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-06-30, 11:02 am

Kipper wrote:

That's it, in a nutshell.
I'm not holding my breath...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-30, 11:05 am

silvers wrote:
Kipper wrote:

That's it, in a nutshell.
I'm not holding my breath...
Weather he his backed by management
I will give him my full support
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on 2017-06-30, 8:26 pm

talcnturnip wrote:No lads he's looking at his record, he can get teams out of League 1 and that seems his forte but struggles in the Championship with some alarming runs of losses.
Never mind he may just prove us wrong.
So your saying he's another for the future  pale

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum