SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Corbyn in Brussels.
Today at 10:56 am by cyprussyd

» I bet they didn't envisage this start
Today at 10:45 am by Hieronymus

» Tina anybody?
Today at 10:42 am by Hieronymus

» Aberfan 21-10-66
Today at 10:39 am by Hieronymus

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Today at 10:31 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 10:27 am by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 10
Today at 7:50 am by oldblackcat

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

» I am no scholar
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Sunderland v Celtic..Match Day Thread

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sunderland v Celtic..Match Day Thread

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 8:17 am

I will leave the disaster stories and meaningless games to others and concentrate on a game I am looking forward to.

I expect a fantastic atmosphere with 8,000 scots rocking the stadium and I would guess we end up with over 10,000 mackems who will make a late rush.

It's our first chance to welcome the new manager and new players to the stadium and se them in action, the tears of last season belong in last season, this is a fresh start with lowered expectations and a chance to enjoy the game without any real pressure.

Add in that Dave and Mackemneil will be with me I would say it's the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

If anyone wants to say hello we are in

East Stand Tier 2 U4 21/378 

East Stand Tier 2 U4 21/379 

I will be leaving around 11.30 tomorrow and wont be back until Sunday afternoon so I will leave this thread in your capable hands.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 9:23 am

SUNDERLAND V CELTIC
Thousands of Celtic fans are expected to make the journey south for the game and a lively, vibrant atmosphere is expected, as the Scottish treble winners celebrate 50 years since their famous European Cup win in Lisbon.
Sunderland have invited an array of former Black Cats stars, while the ‘Lisbon Lions’ team have also been invited.

Show More 

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-07-28, 9:40 am

I know the Glasgow lads, worked up there many a time.
I wouldn't expect much bother in the ground but I would in the pubs before & afterwards.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Kipper on 2017-07-28, 9:44 am

cyprussyd wrote:I will leave the disaster stories and meaningless games to others and concentrate on a game I am looking forward to.

I expect a fantastic atmosphere with 8,000 scots rocking the stadium and I would guess we end up with over 10,000 mackems who will make a late rush.

It's our first chance to welcome the new manager and new players to the stadium and se them in action, the tears of last season belong in last season, this is a fresh start with lowered expectations and a chance to enjoy the game without any real pressure.

Add in that Dave and Mackemneil will be with me I would say it's the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

If anyone wants to say hello we are in

East Stand Tier 2 U4 21/378 

East Stand Tier 2 U4 21/379 

I will be leaving around 11.30 tomorrow and wont be back until Sunday afternoon so I will leave this thread in your capable hands.

Enjoy! I know you will.
Kipper
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 11:41 am

I think both keepers will be given 45 minutes each and Lens starting on the bench so my expected team is..

RUITER
JONES    KONE   BROWNING  GALLOWAY
MCGEADY CATTERMOLE  N'DONG KHAZRI
VAUGHAN  GRABBAN
STEELE  OSHEA  LOVE MAJA LENS MATHEWS HONEYMAN

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 11:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-28, 3:42 pm

from Roker Report

Sunderland’s Stadium of Light celebrates its 20th anniversary this weekend. To mark the ground’s birthday, Sunderland play host to Scottish champions Celtic in a pre-season friendly tomorrow.
8,000 Celtic fans are expected on Wearside in the first mass influx of Glaswegians in the stadium’s history. Not since Gary Bennett’s testimonial in 1993, has Sunderland anticipated so many folks from the capital of Scotland.
But the Mackems and the Bhoys have a traditional good-humoured relationship and the day out should be an entertaining spectacle.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-07-28, 8:04 pm

cyprussyd wrote:from Roker Report

Sunderland’s Stadium of Light celebrates its 20th anniversary this weekend. To mark the ground’s birthday, Sunderland play host to Scottish champions Celtic in a pre-season friendly tomorrow.
8,000 Celtic fans are expected on Wearside in the first mass influx of Glaswegians in the stadium’s history. Not since Gary Bennett’s testimonial in 1993, has Sunderland anticipated so many folks from the capital of Scotland.
But the Mackems and the Bhoys have a traditional good-humoured relationship and the day out should be an entertaining spectacle.
Roker Report are f*cking thick as shit.
Since when was Glasgow the capital of Scotland  Question
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-07-28, 8:16 pm

Billy D wrote:8000 pissed up Glaswegians.
I can see trouble ahead.
LG

7999 Billy, there's always 1 miserable bastard.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-29, 7:38 am

Well the sun is shinning for those of us going to todays game. Looking forward to a good occasion and a good day out.

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-07-29, 8:43 am

All of Northumbria police horses have been reassured after hearing the police are treating today's game as a derby. On being told we play Celtic not Newcastle there was a mass celebration amongst the horses, one was heard to neigh,"Up the hoops and feck the mags"

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-29, 10:10 am

Police say that anyone misbehaving will be fetlocked up...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  gil t azell on 2017-07-29, 4:48 pm

Thankfully I didnt go as I thought there might be bother. So pleased but its a reality check when some fans thought we were getting a decent team together.
gil t azell
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-07-29, 5:12 pm

gil t azell wrote:Thankfully I didnt go as I thought there might be bother. So pleased but its a reality check when some fans thought we were getting a decent team together.
gil, its a friendly, I read absolutely nothing into them.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-07-29, 5:18 pm

Outclassed apparently..

The five goals are not a good sign.

I would imagine that Derby will be VERY competitive.
We don't have long to wait.

Perhaps a difficult start could persuade Short to release a few moths from his wallet.
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-29, 5:24 pm

Unfortunately the result not unexpected, hopefully a kick up the arse before the first game 

Just a couple of observation Firstly...we go from Pickford to butterfingers  Embarassed

...............Secondly did we have a back four  Embarassed
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  MrRAWhite on 2017-07-29, 6:49 pm

The predictable trouble did materialise, with even Tesco being forced to shut up shop.. I hope that more people are not seriously hurt as the night goes on, but I fear that there will be..

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy D on 2017-07-29, 6:56 pm

MrRAWhite wrote:The predictable trouble did materialise, with even Tesco being forced to shut up shop.. I hope that more people are not seriously hurt as the night goes on, but I fear that there will be..
Some folk just wont listen.
This had trouble written all over it.
Billy D
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on 2017-07-29, 7:47 pm

If you think that short will release any funds after this game you obviously haven't seen what he's done lately,he wants mid table mediocrity for no layout to protect his impending windfall called the parachute payment
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on 2017-07-29, 8:30 pm

Well that was not worth the wait to see a newish team.
The so called prem players that started,the only two who put in a decent shift were Cattermole and Jones,the rest looked uninterested,disjointed,and the play was no different to the dross which we endured all of last season.
No play maker,none of them holding onto the ball,couldn't string a pass together,and the back four well what can I say.
At home playing a striker up front on his own,scandalous.
Sorry missed one other player who looked decent Grabban.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-07-29, 8:39 pm

My story about the Jocks and their inclination for mayhem 

Quite a few on here if will recall in the 60's the Mags were in what was called the inter-city cup. A mob of us used to go to Newcastle and Sunderland games including these cup games.

One such game was against Rangers and was called the "Battle of st James's"

At some point during the game the Rangers fans were in the Gallowgate end and decided to charge is down the length of the pitch towards the Leazes end. A load of Police dogs and horses charged out out of the side and the Scots turned tail and fled. The whole of the outside of the ground was covered in broken glass. Many of the coaches bringing the fans had their windows knocked out and bottles were being thrown from them. Dodging fights as I passed the old wrestling venue towards the bus station.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-07-29, 9:08 pm

sunderpitt wrote:My story about the Jocks and their inclination for mayhem 

Quite a few on here if will recall in the 60's the Mags were in what was called the inter-city cup. A mob of us used to go to Newcastle and Sunderland games including these cup games.

One such game was against Rangers and was called the "Battle of st James's"

At some point during the game the Rangers fans were in the Gallowgate end and decided to charge is down the length of the pitch towards the Leazes end. A load of Police dogs and horses charged out out of the side and the Scots turned tail and fled. The whole of the outside of the ground was covered in broken glass. Many of the coaches bringing the fans had their windows knocked out and bottles were being thrown from them. Dodging fights as I passed the old wrestling venue towards the bus station.
Newcastle
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Roker roar on 2017-07-29, 10:42 pm

Billy D wrote:8000 pissed up Glaswegians.
I can see trouble ahead.
Along with my prediction of struggle all season and things to get increasingly worse at the club under short that predictions yours in regards of trouble is what they call "a knocking bet" sadly whilst righting this I find out via my sons phone ( YouTube) it has actually come to fruition. I think you will find, so will mine. What an absolute debacle. Very poor.
Roker roar
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum