SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
CHAMPIONSHIP TABLE

Latest topics
» Sundamad memories
Today at 9:50 am by cyprussyd

» Can you help please?
Today at 9:29 am by canary-dave

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Today at 9:02 am by cretanmakem

» 2 weeks today
Today at 8:19 am by cyprussyd

» Bradford City v Sunderland
Today at 7:56 am by cyprussyd

» Daryl Murphy
Today at 7:24 am by Roker roar

» When people ask me why, this is why
Yesterday at 10:43 pm by cyprussyd

» Quiz 55
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by MrRAWhite

» Sunderland v Celtic
Yesterday at 8:48 pm by cyprussyd

» Proud dad
Yesterday at 7:14 pm by Billy D

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

canary-dave, cyprussyd, mackem72

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

The Centre-Spot on Wembley pitch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Centre-Spot on Wembley pitch.

Post  Mackemneil on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:26 pm

I have often dreamed of that moment when standing in the middle of that hallowed turf, I could turn full 360 degrees and view the adoring fans.

Well guys, I achieved that dream at last on Saturday night ................... OK it was at the ELO concert but the moment was nearly as good ........... if only I had taken a football with me!!!

70,00 fans cheered and applauded a guy, Jeff Lynn in his 70s now, perform and entertain in a manner that far outstrips those who purport to entertain with a football at their feet. it was truly an amazing experience and provided the icing on the cake that was a three day weekend in London with three of my best mates.

I would add that the atmosphere in London itself, particularly around the Borough Market where the recent terrorist atrocity took place, was an experience in itself. People really will not be beaten and the tourists from home and abroad just added to the wonderful feeling of togetherness.
Mackemneil

http://mackemneil.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Centre-Spot on Wembley pitch.

Post  Hieronymus on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:44 pm

Mackemneil wrote:I have often dreamed of that moment when standing in the middle of that hallowed turf, I could turn full 360 degrees and view the adoring fans.

Well guys, I achieved that dream at last on Saturday night ................... OK it was at the ELO concert but the moment was nearly as good ........... if only I had taken a football with me!!!

70,00 fans cheered and applauded a guy, Jeff Lynn in his 70s now, perform and entertain in a manner that far outstrips those who purport to entertain with a football at their feet. it was truly an amazing experience and provided the icing on the cake that was a three day weekend in London with three of my best mates.

I would add that the atmosphere in London itself, particularly around the Borough Market where the recent terrorist atrocity took place, was an experience in itself. People really will not be beaten and the tourists from home and abroad just added to the wonderful feeling of togetherness.
Saw some of your pics on Facebook and it looked like you were having a whale of a time. Glad you enjoyed it and glad you did not let the events of the last few weeks put you off Very Happy
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 am

Mackemneil wrote:I have often dreamed of that moment when standing in the middle of that hallowed turf, I could turn full 360 degrees and view the adoring fans.

APPL APPL APPL APPL

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum