SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Well done Martin Bain
Today at 11:53 am by cyprussyd

» ASTON VILLA V SUNDERLAND--Match Day Thread
Today at 11:52 am by cyprussyd

» Must watch TV, IMO
Today at 10:18 am by cyprussyd

» Our latest smilie
Today at 10:02 am by cyprussyd

» The short term challenge
Today at 10:01 am by cyprussyd

» Will he or won't he
Today at 9:53 am by vinkel

» Coleman latest
Today at 9:41 am by Silvers

» Predictions Mid week 13
Today at 7:43 am by oldblackcat

» Tony Pulis: West Brom sack head coach after Chelsea defeat
Yesterday at 10:23 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

» When will it end
Yesterday at 10:07 pm by Black Cat Kiwi

Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 2 Bots

Billy D, cyprussyd, sunderpitt

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Time for a head count

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Time for a head count

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-25, 6:29 pm

Who is feeling positive about the future, i am.

National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Re: Time for a head count

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-25, 6:30 pm

Trying to but need to know what the future is, owner, manager ,team

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on 2017-06-25, 6:35 pm

The future is bright, i can feel it.

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-25, 6:46 pm

vinkel wrote:The future is bright, i can feel it.
Then take your hands out of your pockets

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Silvers on 2017-06-25, 7:23 pm

I await developments on the new manager.
The time scale is so very important.

We dilly dallied last year to the point that Short had the best excuse in the world not to support his manager.. we ran out of (affordable) targets and time.

Same is happening this close season.

We don't have a team and the season is just over 5 weeks away !

Shocked

If the Germans do a thorough 'due diligence' they won't touch us with a barge pole !

Very Happy

Any news on Whatmore by the way ?

He should really shine in the fizzy pop...
Silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on 2017-06-25, 7:37 pm

silvers wrote:I await developments on the new manager.
The time scale is so very important.

We dilly dallied last year to the point that Short had the best excuse in the world not to support his manager.. we ran out of (affordable) targets and time.

Same is happening this close season.

We don't have a team and the season is just over 5 weeks away !

Shocked

If the Germans do a thorough 'due diligence' they won't touch us with a barge pole !

Very Happy

Any news on Whatmore by the way
?

He should really shine in the fizzy pop...
He and Macnair are missing out on holidays to be fit for kick off

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-25, 8:28 pm

vinkel wrote:Who is feeling positive about the future, i am.
I am feeling very positive, about the next two weeks at least.

Mainly because I am off on my holidays on Tuesday, on a cruise from Venice, down the Adriatic, round past Sicliy and back up to Rome. we have a day in Venice first, then leaving for Hvar and Dubrovnik in Croatia, Kotor in Montenegro, Corfu, Taormina in Sicily, Capri and Sorrento (for Pompeii) and finally Rome with an overnight stay. Then fly home Sunday 9th July

12 days of not having to think about anything except enjoying the beautiful scenery, on a beautiful ship, with fabulous food and visiting places I have never been before (well I have been to Rome once for a couple of days).

Here is the ship we are sailing on, it is a special treat for my 60th birthday, a bit late (will be my 61st while away) but first chance we have had with all the other stuff going on in last 12 months. Cannot wait! Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I won't have much access to wifi while away so won't be keeping in touch much, but when I return I hope SAFC will be back on track, with new owners, manager and players, and that EVERYONE is feeling much more positive Very Happy  KTF lads and lasses love sunderland
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincemac on 2017-06-25, 10:15 pm

Hieronymus wrote:

Mainly because I am off on my holidays on Tuesday, on a cruise from Venice, down the Adriatic, round past Sicliy and back up to Rome. we have a day in Venice first, then leaving for Hvar and Dubrovnik in Croatia, Kotor in Montenegro, Corfu, Taormina in Sicily, Capri and Sorrento (for Pompeii) and finally Rome with an overnight stay. Then fly home Sunday 9th July

12 days of not having to think about anything except enjoying the beautiful scenery, on a beautiful ship, with fabulous food and visiting places I have never been before (well I have been to Rome once for a couple of days).

Here is the ship we are sailing on, it is a special treat for my 60th birthday, a bit late (will be my 61st while away) but first chance we have had with all the other stuff going on in last 12 months. Cannot wait! Very Happy

I won't have much access to wifi while away so won't be keeping in touch much, but when I return I hope SAFC will be back on track, with new owners, manager and players, and that EVERYONE is feeling much more positive Very Happy  KTF lads and lasses love sunderland
enjoy
I was at sicilly last month on a cruise
Only got to walk around the harbour area but still nice
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-06-26, 8:35 am

I have fear this isn't as far as we drop  headache fire cry1 hope im so wrong.

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  barrowmackem on 2017-06-26, 8:38 am

Hieronymus wrote:

cruise for me also H from Wednesday. A Danube cruise starting in Germany and finishing in Hungary via Austria and Slovakia. You will love Dubrovnik Smile

Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-26, 9:34 am

I am feeling positive, about my golf. I may have mentioned that about 6 months ago I did the ligaments in my left shoulder. Well I have been back playing for a few weeks now but until the last few days the injury has blighted my scores. Now the lastvtwo rounds I played to my handicap and a few shots under...i am back.

Bearing the realities of low level old man golf I have just mentioned. When big Sam left season it left us knackered...Moyes came in and was given little cash to improve the squad and also made some bad bets e.g. Januzaj.

Injuries further weakened the squad and a poor team shorn of quality and quantity finally after several seasons of circling the plug hole, slipped down the drain.

Atm we have am owner who wants away, we do not have a manager and our 1st team squad is short of quality and quantity for a realistic attempt at promotion  (relegation is more likely atm). We also now do not have our best goalkeeper and striker

Just as I had to be patient with my injury problem before I could expect to playing to potential, so Sunderland at present are not in a position to play winning football.
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-26, 10:59 am

barrowmackem wrote:
Hieronymus wrote:

cruise for me also H from Wednesday. A Danube cruise starting in Germany and finishing in Hungary via Austria and Slovakia. You will love Dubrovnik Smile
You must tell me how it is as we fancy a river cruise sometime too and the Danube would fit the bill for me. We have also looked at the Douro in Portugal. have you ever done that?

Yes, Dubrovnik is a place always wanted to go. That is why we chose this cruise as I had never been to any of the stopovers. Plus StarClippers are amazing. We did one round East Caribbean about 15 years ago and we loved it. Sailing, with proper sails not engines, informal, no dressing for dinner (unless you want), gourmet food, no evening 'entertainment', just a piano bar, the stars and the sea to look at. Only downside is I get seasick. I know. My doctor was like "You get seasick and still like going on cruises?"!). I have to take prescription antisickness pills at first, which means no alcohol. But after 2 or 3 days I will be fine, once I have my 'sealegs'! Very Happy

Enjoy your holiday and let's all forget SAFC for the next 2 weeks eh? Laughing
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  The Yakker on 2017-06-27, 9:38 am

sunderpitt wrote:I am feeling positive, about my golf. I may have mentioned that about 6 months ago I did the ligaments in my left shoulder. Well I have been back playing for a few weeks now but until the last few days the injury has blighted my scores. Now the lastvtwo rounds I played to my handicap and a few shots under...i am back.

Bearing the realities of low level old man golf I have just mentioned. When big Sam left season it left us knackered...Moyes came in and was given little cash to improve the squad and also made some bad bets e.g. Januzaj.

Injuries further weakened the squad and a poor team shorn of quality and quantity finally after several seasons of circling the plug hole, slipped down the drain.

Atm we have am owner who wants away, we do not have a manager and our 1st team squad is short of quality and quantity for a realistic attempt at promotion  (relegation is more likely atm). We also now do not have our best goalkeeper and striker

Just as I had to be patient with my injury problem before I could expect to playing to potential, so Sunderland at present are not in a position to play winning football.
Im still off nearly a year now (july 16th 2016) had opp now back with physio its getting there but still a pain in the butt, wont let me go back to work untill i can put resistance on my arm
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Time for a head count

Post  fulwellend47 on 2017-06-27, 10:29 am

Bon Voyage, Heironymus! It's Lot-et-Garonne again for us, although we hadn't planned to go anywhere following our long trip in SE Asia earlier this year. We got a call from our Rugby coach friend inviting us to stay so what can you do?

Re: optimism for this year - other years ending in 7 served up a variety of fortunes viz;

1937: Cup winners and I arrived
                                     1947: My first visit to Roker Park (v Arsenal)
                                     1957: Start of the season that ended with first ever relegation. We had held the record of being the only team to have  played only in the first division since 1936!
                                     1967: The season that gave us both Baxter's last game and Ian Porterfield's first.
                                     1977: Bobby Kerr ended a run of 114 consecutive home appearances
                                     1987: Beaten by Hartlepool in the Sherpa Van Trophy!! and Marco Gabbiadini's debut.
                                     1997: Stadium of Light and the famous Charlton play-off at Wembley.
                                     2007: Promoted to Premier League!!
                                     2017: Relegated and who knows what else!!

No, I didn't remember all of the above but, in some of my rare idle moments, I looked some of it up!
fulwellend47
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on 2017-06-27, 10:41 am

fulwellend47 wrote:Bon Voyage, Heironymus! It's Lot-et-Garonne again for us, although we hadn't planned to go anywhere following our long trip in SE Asia earlier this year. We got a call from our Rugby coach friend inviting us to stay so what can you do?

Re: optimism for this year - other years ending in 7 served up a variety of fortunes viz;

1937: Cup winners and I arrived
                                     1947: My first visit to Roker Park (v Arsenal)
                                     1957: Start of the season that ended with first ever relegation. We had held the record of being the only team to have  played only in the first division since 1936!
                                     1967: The season that gave us both Baxter's last game and Ian Porterfield's first.
                                     1977: Bobby Kerr ended a run of 114 consecutive home appearances
                                     1987: Beaten by Hartlepool in the Sherpa Van Trophy!! and Marco Gabbiadini's debut.
                                     1997: Stadium of Light and the famous Charlton play-off at Wembley.
                                     2007: Promoted to Premier League!!
                                     2017: Relegated and who knows what else!!

No, I didn't remember all of the above but, in some of my rare idle moments, I looked some of it up!

Or is it clutching at straws?
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum