SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» SUNDERLAND V LEEDS- Matchday Thread
Today at 12:30 am by lesmac

» Condolences Vince
Yesterday at 10:16 pm by silvers

» Next Carlisle(Tuesday cup) and Barnsley(Saturday) away
Yesterday at 9:55 pm by cyprussyd

» If you read nothing else today you must read this
Yesterday at 9:04 pm by Nostalgic

» Results - Midweek
Yesterday at 4:49 pm by Mackemneil

» Friends, Mackems and Sunderpitt
Yesterday at 3:24 pm by sunderpitt

» Right at the back of your mind
Yesterday at 1:45 pm by The Yakker

» Everton ,,,,, Bradley ,,,,,,
Yesterday at 11:14 am by Hieronymus

» League Table - Midweek
Yesterday at 10:33 am by Billy D

»  ‘Click & Collect’
Yesterday at 12:42 am by Nostalgic

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on 2012-09-14, 11:57 am

Faraway People

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Faraway People

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-24, 3:37 pm

I know the election is over but people are still suffering so terribly and all this government cares about is Brexit and shirking any blame for recent tragedies.

A friend sent this to me and I wanted to share it as it made me weep with anger at the cruelty being inflicted on the most vulnerable people in our society. Surely anyone with a heart knows this is wrong, wrong wrong! Crying or Very sad

Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Re: Faraway People

Post  talcnturnip on 2017-06-24, 3:53 pm

Totally wrong this H we all hate the scrounges and hangers on in society who bleed the system dry by claiming to be disabled these are the people who they should be going after not the real disabled, same goes for those who think they are entitled to not do a day's work in their lives and just live off those who do work. The day will come soon when those that don't work will outnumber those that do then the Social Security system will fail and, fail for everyone not just the genuine cases.

talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-06-24, 4:16 pm

In my work as a counsellor I see examples of genuine people  having benefits taken away ..

In everyday life I also see examples of people who have fooled indeed conned  the system for many years and are living very well out of it...
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on 2017-06-24, 4:27 pm

Thing is the 'scroungers' (and yes I know there are some) are perhaps the price we pay for living in a civilised society that looks after its old, poor, sick and those who are physically and mentally illl, or dying. Personally i am willing to pay that price, more so because "scroungers" probably have kids who never asked to be born, and they don't deserve to starve because their parents are sackless! I really would rather one 'scrounger' lives the life of riley (but do they really?) than one poor person dies a lonely and agonising death from hunger, or lack of heat, or medication, because their benefits were stopped.

In any event according to the Guardian (13 April 2016) "Benefits fraud costs the government £1.3bn a year, according to official statistics, while the gap between tax owed and tax paid is put at £34bn a year by officials" ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ) Yet there are almost 4000 HMRC and DWP staff chasing benefit claimants and around 700 chasing tax avoiders. Priorities are all wrong IMO.

This video and song shows the reality; benefits claimants are an easy target, the ones who can't fight back because legal aid has been cut, and CAB funding has been cut, or the ones who are just exhaused from the daily struggle and too tired to fight, or the ones who are mentally and/or physically ill and don't know how to answer the questions;  they are the ones suffering and their families live in hell for ever afterwards.

It is a disgrace, and shames every UK citizen and this despicable government Evil or Very Mad
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  silvers on 2017-06-24, 4:35 pm

Yes, it IS shocking.

The whole system needs a root and branch thorough shake up..
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Post  canary-dave on 2017-06-24, 4:54 pm

You know it is wrong when the odious IDS speaks out about it!  like

canary-dave
Admin Spammer Swatter

Back to top Go down