SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» 20% discount offer for season card holder
Today at 11:57 pm by MrRAWhite

» Mark Sampson sacked
Today at 9:23 pm by Nostalgic

» Sunderland v Cardiff City
Today at 5:16 pm by Roker roar

» Everton v Sunderland Carabao Cup-Matchday Thread
Today at 2:56 pm by lesmac

» The smoking gun
Today at 1:55 pm by sunderpitt

» Predictions Week 7
Today at 8:46 am by vinkel

» Predicitons Mid week 7
Yesterday at 11:41 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions Week 8
Yesterday at 11:30 pm by Hieronymus

» It seems its not always about money
Yesterday at 7:39 pm by Hieronymus

» Predictions week 9
Yesterday at 6:27 pm by Jerry the Jinx

Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

Hieronymus, MrRAWhite

[ View the whole list ]


Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Fear not, salvation is near

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fear not, salvation is near

Post  cyprussyd on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:51 am

John O’Shea is set to extend his Sunderland stay into a seventh season.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



Sunderland defender John O’Shea snubs Wolves to sign new Black Cats deal
John O’Shea is set to extend his Sunderland stay into a seventh season.
SUNDERLANDECHO.COM

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42095
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  talcnturnip on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:48 am

Why mate just why????

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2867
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  The Yakker on Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:43 pm

ALL the news we have been waiting for, this isnt one of them..
avatar
The Yakker
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 271
Join date : 2013-07-16
Age : 57
Location : Co Durham

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  silvers on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:24 pm

He'll be super John in the fizzy pop...
avatar
silvers
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Posts : 14727
Join date : 2012-08-02
Age : 70
Location : Whickham

http://www.newdawncp.co.uk/about-us/

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:21 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Why mate just why????
Because it's the only way he'll earn 40K without doing anything  Evil or Very Mad

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                         [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
                                
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9317
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 99
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  oldblackcat on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:02 am

I may be the only one, but I think he could do a job for us for another season Smile
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2038
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 56
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  talcnturnip on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:10 am

He couldn't do a job for us when we got him OBC so he'll be even worse next season, big fat no and get rid for me.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2867
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  oldblackcat on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 am

talcnturnip wrote:He couldn't do a job for us when we got him OBC so he'll be even worse next season, big fat no and get rid for me.
I'm looking at him passing on his experience alongside a youngster or being back up to a new centre back pairing....I know he's old and has his faults but last season our defence always looked better and more organised when he played....under rated by many fans imo
avatar
oldblackcat
Quizmaster
Quizmaster

Posts : 2038
Join date : 2012-08-20
Age : 56
Location : washington

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  cyprussyd on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:37 am

Personally I think O'Shea has been decent in a poor team

________________________________________________________
          My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 42095
Join date : 2012-07-31
Age : 68
Location : Durham

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  talcnturnip on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:48 am

Sorry OBC but that ship sailed at Man U he's been with us 6/7 years now and brought on/ passed on his experience to absolutely no one, unless they need a lesson in lying on a physios table.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2867
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  talcnturnip on Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 am

He played well for Ireland syd but fails with us not unusual I know but why keep hold of players like him?
We need a team that is young enough to improve and do as they are told by the manager and, crucially won't miss half a season due to injury.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2867
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  sunderpitt on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:10 pm

I reckon JoS  has been good for us...but whether he can be at his age...in the 2 games a week hurly burly of the chumpanipnship is a moot question
avatar
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Posts : 6029
Join date : 2012-08-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  Hieronymus on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:15 pm

talcnturnip wrote:Sorry OBC but that ship sailed at Man U he's been with us 6/7 years now and brought on/ passed on his experience to absolutely no one, unless they need a lesson in lying on a physios table.
To be fair to him, when has he had a settled partner who has stayed for more than a season? If we had had a proper playing strategy, then one of our youngsters would have been brought through to play alongside him, and develop into a first team regular. Instead we had Wes Brown, good on his day but a proper sicknote (but I still liked him), or we tried to buy on the cheap and they were not good enough (Vergini, Roberge) or soon saw the light and wanted out (Kaboul, Kone). None of that was JOS fault!

I know some don't think he has ever been good enough, or that he is one of the 'bad' influences behind the scenes, but personally I agree with OBC that JOS is underrated by SAFC fans, and that we are always better organised when he plays. I wish I had time to go through the stats to prove it! Very Happy
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8305
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  talcnturnip on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:34 pm

He is under rated because he is total crap H take a bit of time and check his stats 445 games played in the PL for Man U and us with just 79 clean sheets and I'm guessing most of those are with Man U. Why is everyone falling into the same trap? He has been with us over 6 years so is a good player who will bring the young uns on something he hasn't done in 6 years. Saying it's not his fault because he has been teamed with rubbish or journeymen is total crap! Why blame others for his failings?
Personally I don't think he is one of the so called rotten apples but, he is one of the very poor players we have had to endure as fans, I said at the time that we should not buy both him and Brown and was shot down by all and sundry for being negative, because both him and Brown have been revelations since we got them.
He is 36 now, he couldn't keep up with younger players last season so what makes you think he will keep up next season?
When we got him 6 years ago he was slow and about as agile as a dead frog he is 6 years older now and slower and deader, if we do not get rid then we will struggle next season because, no manager and no owners is not a big enough hurdle to get over.

________________________________________________________
"If I had to choose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or shagging Miss World , it would be a hard choice.
Thankfully I've done both"
George Best
avatar
talcnturnip
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 2867
Join date : 2012-08-04
Location : South Shields

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  Hieronymus on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:03 pm

talcnturnip wrote:He is under rated because he is total crap H take a bit of time and check his stats  445 games played in the PL for Man U and us with just 79 clean sheets and I'm guessing most of those are with Man U. Why is everyone falling into the same trap? He has been with us over 6 years so is a good player who will bring the young uns on something he hasn't done in 6 years. Saying it's not his fault because he has been teamed with rubbish or journeymen is total crap! Why blame others for his failings?
Personally I don't think he is one of the so called rotten apples but, he is one of the very poor players we have had to endure as fans, I said at the time that we should not buy both him and Brown and was shot down by all and sundry for being negative, because both him and Brown have been revelations since we got them.
He is 36 now, he couldn't keep up with younger players last season so what makes you think he will keep up next season?
When we got him 6 years ago he was slow and about as agile as a dead frog he is 6 years older now and slower and deader, if we do not get rid then we will struggle next season because, no manager and no owners is not a big enough hurdle to get over.
Haha, well perhaps this is another example of two people watching the same player and getting two different views. Not going to fall out with anyone about it  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, yes, he WAS always slow and has got slower, but perhaps that will be less of a problem in the Championship. I would actually agree we should not have offered him a new contract if we had had better options, but the fact is we don't have any alternatives at all right now, and without a manager none are on the horizon either. Sigh ...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Posts : 8305
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  Vincemac on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:11 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:He is under rated because he is total crap H take a bit of time and check his stats  445 games played in the PL for Man U and us with just 79 clean sheets and I'm guessing most of those are with Man U. Why is everyone falling into the same trap? He has been with us over 6 years so is a good player who will bring the young uns on something he hasn't done in 6 years. Saying it's not his fault because he has been teamed with rubbish or journeymen is total crap! Why blame others for his failings?
Personally I don't think he is one of the so called rotten apples but, he is one of the very poor players we have had to endure as fans, I said at the time that we should not buy both him and Brown and was shot down by all and sundry for being negative, because both him and Brown have been revelations since we got them.
He is 36 now, he couldn't keep up with younger players last season so what makes you think he will keep up next season?
When we got him 6 years ago he was slow and about as agile as a dead frog he is 6 years older now and slower and deader, if we do not get rid then we will struggle next season because, no manager and no owners is not a big enough hurdle to get over.
Haha, well perhaps this is another example of two people watching the same player and getting two different views. Not going to fall out with anyone about it  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, yes, he WAS always slow and has got slower, but perhaps that will be less of a problem in the Championship. I would actually agree we should not have offered him a new contract if we had had better options, but the fact is we don't have any alternatives at all right now, and without a manager none are on the horizon either. Sigh ...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeh as much as I was expecting changes in the defence.
I fell we have to rely on O'Shea at the moment of time.
Let's hope we can get some one in or even give the kids a chance .
He really is not the answer
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6546
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  Vincemac on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:05 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
talcnturnip wrote:He is under rated because he is total crap H take a bit of time and check his stats  445 games played in the PL for Man U and us with just 79 clean sheets and I'm guessing most of those are with Man U. Why is everyone falling into the same trap? He has been with us over 6 years so is a good player who will bring the young uns on something he hasn't done in 6 years. Saying it's not his fault because he has been teamed with rubbish or journeymen is total crap! Why blame others for his failings?
Personally I don't think he is one of the so called rotten apples but, he is one of the very poor players we have had to endure as fans, I said at the time that we should not buy both him and Brown and was shot down by all and sundry for being negative, because both him and Brown have been revelations since we got them.
He is 36 now, he couldn't keep up with younger players last season so what makes you think he will keep up next season?
When we got him 6 years ago he was slow and about as agile as a dead frog he is 6 years older now and slower and deader, if we do not get rid then we will struggle next season because, no manager and no owners is not a big enough hurdle to get over.
Haha, well perhaps this is another example of two people watching the same player and getting two different views. Not going to fall out with anyone about it  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Anyway, yes, he WAS always slow and has got slower, but perhaps that will be less of a problem in the Championship. I would actually agree we should not have offered him a new contract if we had had better options, but the fact is we don't have any alternatives at all right now, and without a manager none are on the horizon either. Sigh ...[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Yeh as much as I was expecting changes in the defence.
I fell we have to rely on O'Shea at the moment of time.
Let's hope we can get some one in or even give the kids a chance .
He really is not the answer
avatar
Vincemac
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 6546
Join date : 2012-08-07
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:00 am

If John O'Shea is so good & a consummate professional that can be learned from, why is it that all whom have been signed to do so from him have left for greener pastures?

He's good alright!

________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]                         [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
                                
avatar
Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Posts : 9317
Join date : 2012-08-01
Age : 99
Location : Godzone

Back to top Go down

Re: Fear not, salvation is near

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum