SunderMad
Why not join in with our small but perfectly formed community?

We are always looking for new members so sign up and join in, its free.

SOME PEOPLE SEEM TO HIT A SNAG WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER! NOT SURE WHY? IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM EMAIL ME AND I WILL SORT IT?
sundamad@aol.com
Sky Sports-SunderMad Exclusive.
2017/18

Latest topics
» Tina anybody?
Today at 4:28 am by Nostalgic

» Corbyn in Brussels.
Yesterday at 10:21 pm by Nostalgic

» Mr H wont be happy
Yesterday at 10:13 pm by cyprussyd

» Predictions Week 10
Yesterday at 9:34 pm by Billy D

» Brentford v Sunderland Match day thread
Yesterday at 9:14 pm by gil t azell

» Lee Cattermole and Didier Ndong
Yesterday at 6:37 pm by cyprussyd

» I am no scholar
Yesterday at 4:14 pm by Hieronymus

» Academy of Plight?
Yesterday at 1:45 pm by Hieronymus

» Interesting Appeal
Yesterday at 10:20 am by cyprussyd

» Cretans daily crap chat ooops blog
Yesterday at 9:58 am by Hieronymus

Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

oldblackcat

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 328 on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:57 am

Dear Mr Short

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dear Mr Short

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:01 am

What have I done to upset and annoy you?
There must be something because you are not a stupid man, you don't become a billionaire by being stupid and one thing is for sure you never make the same mistake twice or run about like an headless chicken when amassing a fortune.

So all I can assume is it's deliberate, the chronic mismanagement and running my club into the ground so I ask again, what have I done to deserve this?

Like many fan's I support my club the best I can, faithfully buy my season ticket and there have been times its been a struggle but was bought nonetheless.

I turn up for every home game, my legs cant do away games now, I buy some very expensive food and an equally expensive coffee. Sit in my seat to watch the team warm up, stand and applaud them on at kick off then watch what unfolds.

When you came I could understand your anger with Kean, why would a manager not move his family to his place of work, new to football it seemed a fair request. Now of course Sunderland managers take out 6 month rentals, none have the confidence to go for 12 months.

When Bruce came all seemed good, we spent a few bob and brought in players then Bruce was gone and all rhyme and reason seemed to leave with him.

Don't get me wrong, some management appointments excited me, good managers with good records but starved of cash one by one they failed, or were allowed to fail, and one by one they left.

But all of that pales into insignificance compared to our present plight.

Our CEO has a plan to ensure we get our man. He brings in an experienced head in Walter Smith to advise him. He trawls the market and decides on nhis target, we take our time, do it properly then the deal is all but done. Off he jets to Florida to complete the deal after firstly clearing the decks of coaches ready for the new team. We even push through the sale of our best player to raise the funds for the manager to spend, then.

A few hours later our CEO is left alone by the swimming pool and we see street parties in Aberdeen and my guess is the manager now has a brand new contract with a hefty pay rise and he didn't even have cut short his holiday to get it.

I along with every other fan now wait for the next kick with the appointment of whoever we can get rather than who we want.

Defoe gone, so no goals next season and Pickford gone so plenty against next season.

Defence sees Kone ready to go, OShea out of contact and Dilobodji wanting out.

Borini is off, Kirchhoff is back home god knows what the rest are thinking but I would bet there are a few agents working hard no to find futures for their clients.

I say again, you are not a stupid man so I can only assume you care not for me or my club but rather than sell us all off on the cheap to give us hope your greed means you want top dollar and so our suffering goes on.

At least labour won the election, oh no, someone has just told me they didn't.

Yours,

Disheartened, disillusioned and pissed off, Coxhoe

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

http://www.sunderlandmad.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dear Mr Short

Post  Black Cat Kiwi on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:20 am

I wish I could say something positive about SAFC to cheer you up but you're to smart to fall for it  No

Best you just concern yourself with family & remember how special they are  sunny

Black Cat Kiwi
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:56 am

Dear Syd,

Thanks for your much appreciated support and hard earned cash. It has helped to make my future retirement very comfortable, as I have managed to build a nice nest egg, and now, using the latest SAFC TV money and other club income, and by ratcheting up the debt, you will be pleased to know that I have managed to leverage enough starter cash to get a further 2bn in loans, to fund yet more 'distressed property' purchases across Europe.

Don't take it personally, I am an asset stripper remember, always was and always will be.

Yours faithfully,

Ellis Short
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  vinkel on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:08 am

Syd, you should know by now nothing good will come at Sunderland until Ellis Short sells up. As i said yesterday take nothing for granted untill it's signed and sealed. Stay cheerful.

National News Correspondent.
National News Correspondent.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rovertsafc on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:45 am

If Short is selling the club to a German consortium then ask the Germans who do they want in charge.
Rovertsafc
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:08 pm

I appreciate that by buying my season ticket and going to games I am aiding and abetting Short but, why should I give up supporting my team, it feel like I had been run out of town.

My glass is always half full and occasionally over flowing. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Hieronymus on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:06 pm

cyprussyd wrote:I appreciate that by buying my season ticket and going to games I am aiding and abetting Short but, why should I give up supporting my team, it feel like I had been run out of town.
And there is the nub of the problem Syd, because you are quite right, why should any of us feel the way we all feel right now.  We were all supporters long before Short came along and will be long after he is gone, hopefully soon!
Hieronymus
Admin Problem Solver
Admin Problem Solver

Back to top Go down

Post  cyprussyd on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm

Hieronymus wrote:
cyprussyd wrote:I appreciate that by buying my season ticket and going to games I am aiding and abetting Short but, why should I give up supporting my team, it feel like I had been run out of town.
And there is the nub of the problem Syd, because you are quite right, why should any of us feel the way we all feel right now.  We were all supporters long before Short came along and will be long after he is gone, hopefully soon!
Well I take comfort from the club statement

cyprussyd
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  sunderpitt on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:32 pm

To us Sunderland is a great club and always will be

Unfortunately the ownership structure allowed by the football administration means fans do not have a say in the running of their club.

Short has been an okay sort if owner providing funds for numerous managers...nealy all wasted 

He is now had enough of his expensive and failing plaything and wants out.

Who knows what is going to happen.. ..relegation is becoming a real possibility I fear. What went on with the Scottish guy who was supposed to be the manager, would be very interesting to know
sunderpitt
Number Cruncher
Number Cruncher

Back to top Go down

Post  paddocklad on Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:30 pm

I've been saying for some time short and randy learner who used to own villa are good mates and he must be getting advice from him as we are turning into the same laughing stock that villa were last season and we have gone down an identical path to them before they were sold
paddocklad
Senior Member(Top Cat)
Senior Member(Top Cat)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum